Newton 10 Kountze 8..Game Suspended Due to Fog

Coach Craig must be from Newton (the team that is up two runs)

If the game has completed 5 innings then it is over.

If the game is short of completing five innings it should be (according to the rules) started over from the top of the first. 0-0

You could be right, I was not thinking about different districts might have different rules. District 20-4A starts over. I do know from experience LCM/Vidor1997. LCM led about 7-0 after four when it rained. A resart the next day, with out Beau Hale, resulted in a 2-1 7th inning come from behind win. Colby Baker threw for the Pirates, four innings on Tuesday, and seven innings on Wednesday.

I think alot of the other districts put the "pick it up where you left off" rule due to the lack of lights on some fields! If you were behind, you could tell your pitcher to throw balls, walk everybody until it was dark, and then start over from scratch the next day! Just a thought.

Games Called Prior to Five Innings Being Completed

In district and nondistrict games if a game is called before completion of the number of innings and conditions as specified in Article 4 of the National Federation Baseball Rule Book, the umpire shall declare the contest “no gameâ€. Unless otherwise specified the district minutes prior to the season, the game will be replayed from the start.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/baseball/pg29_42reg_season.pdf

Walking people to let the sun set and avoid a loss?

Not very sportsmanlike, but a believable strategy for the win at all cost guy. In this case the "cost" would be the respect of the enitre local baseball community.

If that ever took place, I totaly understand the implementation of the "start where we left off" rule.

its all about knowing the game...when Rogers was at Jasper a few years back...They were playing Livingston and were beating them...he knew the game would get rained out sooner then later, so in the 4th and 5th innings he told all his players to strike out....The Livingston Coach didnt catch on and Jasper won the game.....after it was called

In my opinion, walking hitter after hitter until the sun sets so the game can start over the next day is pretty sorry for someone to do.

Rogers "getting out" in a hurry to get to the end of the fifth inning borders on genius.

Might I recommend that he simply step on the plate and bunt next time to arrive at the desired result in less pitches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder