#10 Woodville (9-1) vs Anahuac (4-6)

I don't have any problems talking trash and will add my 2 cents in here...Woodville WOULD have beaten Newton this year. I've seen them both play and Woodville was much more disciplined on both sides of the ball. And if you buy into that whole common opponents thing, Newton beat us (Kirbyville) by 27, Woodville beat us by 32. Plus Newton beat Corrigan-Camden 43-8. Woodville thrashed them 51-0. Eagleswoodville#1, you gotta throw that political correctness out the window sometimes and back your boys. Yall got it together and would have given Newton a loss this yr. All these Newton folk can only talk and believe me, they're secretly glad yall weren't on their schedule.

10 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

I don't have any problems talking trash and will add my 2 cents in here...Woodville WOULD have beaten Newton this year. I've seen them both play and Woodville was much more disciplined on both sides of the ball. And if you buy into that whole common opponents thing, Newton beat us (Kirbyville) by 27, Woodville beat us by 32. Plus Newton beat Corrigan-Camden 43-8. Woodville thrashed them 51-0. Eagleswoodville#1, you gotta throw that political correctness out the window sometimes and back your boys. Yall got it together and would have given Newton a loss this yr. All these Newton folk can only talk and believe me, they're secretly glad yall weren't on their schedule.

I choose to stick with the "less talk, more walk" method of communication normally. But, since you insist, here goes nothing.....

My honest opinion on this game? Woodville will beat Anahuac by 35+ and would put up a great fight against, and very possibly beat, Newton. This Woodville team has a certain swagger I've NEVER seen from a team out of Woodville, although that's fairly limited comparitively. I believe they're the most talented 3A ream in SETX and when they put it all together and play a complete game, they can compete with any team in this region, and beat most of them.

15 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I choose to stick with the "less talk, more walk" method of communication normally. But, since you insist, here goes nothing.....

My honest opinion on this game? Woodville will beat Anahuac by 35+ and would put up a great fight against, and very possibly beat, Newton. This Woodville team has a certain swagger I've NEVER seen from a team out of Woodville, although that's fairly limited comparitively. I believe they're the most talented 3A ream in SETX and when they put it all together and play a complete game, they can compete with any team in this region, and beat most of them.

Then bring on the YOE.

46 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

You can take all that comparing common opponents and throw it out the door, it means nothing. You haven't been paying attention to any football games in our area.

12 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

You can take all that comparing common opponents and throw it out the door, it means nothing. You haven't been paying attention to any football games in our area.

It means nothing because it doesn't fall in your favor. If it was reversed you'd be giving it credit. That's a fact. You're all talk. And I'm not sure if YOU even know what you mean by your last sentence . lol.. Lord knows nobody else does.

42 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

I don't have any problems talking trash and will add my 2 cents in here...Woodville WOULD NOT  have beaten Newton this year. I've seen them both play and Woodville was much more disciplined on both sides of the ball. And if you buy into that whole common opponents thing THAT MEANS NOTHING Newton beat us LIKE A DRUM, (Kirbyville) by 27, Woodville beat us LIKE SCRAMBLED EGGS, 32. Plus Newton beat Corrigan-Camden 43-8. Woodville thrashed them 51-0. Eagleswoodville#1, you gotta throw that political correctness out the window sometimes and back your boys. Yall got it together  All these Woodville folk can only talk and believe me, they're secretly glad yall weren't in the same district.

FIFY

1 hour ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Then bring on the YOE.

I'm not sure how you do it wherever you're from, but down here in Woodville we ain't never scared. I don't know what the outcome of these games will be, but I do know for sure that whoever we play better strap it up and be on their A-game, because it's gonna take a hell of an effort to beat us from ANY team. 

So yes, bring on anyone you got, including the Cameron Yoe Yoemen. But do me a favor and let them know 1.) They need to beat West first and 2.) That game is POTENTIALLY next week. 

Right now, our boys are extremely focused on beating Anahuac, as I fully expect to happen by a very large margin. We will worry about next week when/if it comes.

I must also point this out......there were two Cameron Yoe scouts at the Woodville/Coldspring game. So....who's worried about who? Hmmmm.....call it what you like. A good program, great coaching, over-coaching, thinking ahead, etc. All I know is it looks like we've done a pretty good job at catching their attention if they're driving over 3 hours to scout a team they're still two rounds from POTENTIALLY playing :)

3 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I'm not sure how you do it wherever you're from, but down here in Woodville we ain't never scared. I don't know what the outcome of these games will be, but I do know for sure that whoever we play better strap it up and be on their A-game, because it's gonna take a hell of an effort to beat us from ANY team. 

So yes, bring on anyone you got, including the Cameron Yoe Yoemen. But do me a favor and let them know 1.) They need to beat West first and 2.) That game is POTENTIALLY next week. 

Right now, our boys are extremely focused on beating Anahuac, as I fully expect to happen by a very large margin. We will worry about next week when/if it comes.

That's how you do it, Panthers going down!!!

1 hour ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I must also point this out......there were two Cameron Yoe scouts at the Woodville/Coldspring game. So....who's worried about who? Hmmmm.....call it what you like. A good program, great coaching, over-coaching, thinking ahead, etc. All I know is it looks like we've done a pretty good job at catching their attention if they're driving over 3 hours to scout a team they're still two rounds from POTENTIALLY playing :)

Scouting a potential playoff opponent is just smart coaching. Doesn't mean a team is worried about you.. they are only one round from playing y'all. West isn't gonna beat them. They lost their QB who was a big time player for them. Yoe will beat West. Woodville beats Anahuac... 

9 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Scouting a potential playoff opponent is just smart coaching. Doesn't mean a team is worried about you.. they are only one round from playing y'all. West isn't gonna beat them. They lost their QB who was a big time player for them. Yoe will beat West. Woodville beats Anahuac... 

Just trying out this whole "political incorrectness" thing. It's a test run. Only in the testing phases and not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment or curing of any disease.

14 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

It means nothing because it doesn't fall in your favor. If it was reversed you'd be giving it credit. That's a fact. You're all talk. And I'm not sure if YOU even know what you mean by your last sentence . lol.. Lord knows nobody else does.

It doesn't mean anything because if there was anything to it Kirbyville never would have beat Buna. Case in point. Buna beat Trinity 42-8, Buna beat Cold Spring, Cold Spring Beat Kirbyville, Kirbyville Beat Trinity 28-27 so according to your logic Kirbyville should have stayed home instead of playing Buna, a game which Kirbyville couldn't win.

13 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Never said you were scared, you can't be if you expect to win. Woodville has a good team no doubt. It is pointless talking about a game that will never happen, maybe you beat Newton, maybe you don't. We will never know. If you are not scared then Cameron is not the name which shall not be mentioned.

1 hour ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Never said you were scared, you can't be if you expect to win. Woodville has a good team no doubt. It is pointless talking about a game that will never happen, maybe you beat Newton, maybe you don't. We will never know. If you are not scared then Cameron is not the name which shall not be mentioned.

My comment that we jokingly referring to Yoe as "the school which shall not be mentioned" was in reference to the fact that we don't need to look ahead to them and forget about the Anahuac Panthers. I know you didn't say we were scared lol I never thought that. Just thought I'd try a "politically incorrect" point of view for a couple of posts. Haha

17 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Well, Newton did score 43 of those points on Corrigan-Camden in the first half and did not score again. They didn't want to score again out of respect. It would have been 100-0 if that were the case. None of this matters though. Woodville has done great things and i am excited to see what they're doing. But, the point margin does not matter when you take into consideration of Newton pulling their dogs off before blowing teams out. I'm sure Woodville did that as well too. Don't knock Newton just because your Wildcats aren't playing up to your expectations. I root for you guys as well, but score a touchdown on Newton next season and come talk. 

5 hours ago, Rajin Cajun said:

Well, Newton did score 43 of those points on Corrigan-Camden in the first half and did not score again. They didn't want to score again out of respect. It would have been 100-0 if that were the case. None of this matters though. Woodville has done great things and i am excited to see what they're doing. But, the point margin does not matter when you take into consideration of Newton pulling their dogs off before blowing teams out. I'm sure Woodville did that as well too. Don't knock Newton just because your Wildcats aren't playing up to your expectations. I root for you guys as well, but score a touchdown on Newton next season and come talk. 

I was with you till the last sentence.....and ...well nevermind

17 minutes ago, longball24 said:

I am not sure most posters know what real speed looks like. If yoe had real speed they would not be runner up. WDV has real TEAM SPEED even our big guys are fast. IF yoe is looking for someone to match them speed wise they wont have far to look. 

Ok guy.