West Hardin vs Cayuga Predictions

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team has a track meet Friday and it won't be over until late that night.  If we are playing Sat. I'm gonna wake up really really early and head that way.  Coach Fuller said I could bunk with him Friday night but we won't be done with track until really late and it would be a rough drive after being at the meet all day.

om goodness whm there are pretty nice HOTELS there.... :)

Yeah but there are some responsibilities here with one of the other kids that prevents me from staying overnight!  It's cool...I'm used to running!  :P

I'm not going to talk smack, I like to think that what I say on this message board has some credibility to it.  I pride myself in making smart comments and judgements.

I saw Cayuga against Beckville, and to be honest, Cayuga forced Beckville into making way too many turnovers and outhustled them.  There isn't a better group of athletes than the starting five at Beckville, and Cayuga beat them up and down the floor.

As far as saying that that district is special because their #1 and #2 are in the Regional Tourney, what about Cayuga and Martin's Mill? Same district.  #1 and #2.  Seems to me like we'll find out where the better basketball is played.

And as far as a West Hardin/Big Sandy Regional Final.  No way.  West Hardin MIGHT beat Cayuga, but Big Sandy WILL NOT beat Martin's Mill.  I'm not talking smack about anyone, but you have to respect good teams.  And Cayuga and Martin's Mill are excellent basketball teams.

If West Hardin doesn't go 9 or 10 deep, they're in trouble.

Cayuga by 15.

Why is all the WH fans talking about hotels and staying arrangements??? It's going to be over for you all around 11:20 thats plenty of enough time to drive back to the woods where you all came from. Cayuga by 15.

Well isn't this predictions for the game???????? West Hardin Fans are just backing up their team!!!!!!!!! Just like you are!!!!!! West Hardin by 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ~WHfutureplayers~

West Hardin no doubt. If they can do it...then we'll take it no matter what the score outcome is!!!!! A win is a win right?

I'm goin with my boys on this one, as always. Hope its a great game. Anybody got some numbers Cayuga or how they fared this year in basketball?? Schedule?? scores?? record?? I'm workin nights and I think I can make it from Fort Worth. Don't want to miss this one. As for Martin's Mill, I think they'll probably pull it out over Big Sandy, but they better not have an off game. Every time I have seen Big Sandy, they have been so fundamentally sound, it was scary and thier hussle is un-freakin-real. Good luck to all, and how bout them Oilers!? :P

Why is all the WH fans talking about hotels and staying arrangements??? It's going to be over for you all around 11:20 thats plenty of enough time to drive back to the woods where you all came from. Cayuga by 15.

Ok unlike your idiotic self im not gonna insult your team and say were gonna win in a blowout, but i am going to say that if your team wants it bad enough they better bring there "A" game, because once your get our guys fired up they will be very hard to beat. Oh ya and by the way i would much wrather live in the woods than live in a town that sound like a disease.

Ok unlike your idiotic self im not gonna insult your team and say were gonna win in a blowout, but i am going to say that if your team wants it bad enough they better bring there "A" game, because once your get our guys fired up they will be very hard to beat. Oh ya and by the way i would much wrather live in the woods than live in a town that sound like a disease.

haha thats funny

I'm goin with my boys on this one, as always. Hope its a great game. Anybody got some numbers Cayuga or how they fared this year in basketball?? Schedule?? scores?? record?? I'm workin nights and I think I can make it from Fort Worth. Don't want to miss this one. As for Martin's Mill, I think they'll probably pull it out over Big Sandy, but they better not have an off game. Every time I have seen Big Sandy, they have been so fundamentally sound, it was scary and thier hussle is un-freakin-real. Good luck to all, and how bout them Oilers!? :P

Cayuga is gonna win no doubt... so maybe you should not go to the game and just sleep since you work nights cuz if you stay up and go to the game its gonna be a waste of time for you and youre gonna be dreadin that you didnt sleep

win or lose West Hardin is still top notch in my book, I read these post on here and listen to all the trash talk about our boys and not one of our boys has come back with an insult.... Congrads on great sportsmanship Oilers.... Just shows you got CLASS much more than some of the others. Cayuga maybe a good team but so is the Oilers and therefore I think it will be a good game to watch. Everytime the Oilers do good the others trash talk about them, just shows me how scared they are of the Oilers.. So Oilers Keep up the good work... You have Class keep showing it... WE LOVE YOU GUYS HERE IN THE PINEY WOODS OF SARATOGA TEXAS.

You people on here can trash talk all you want to but we have not said anything bad about your team. We are just trying to support our team and show our spirit. Quit making the predictions that your team will win in a blowout because you never know what can happen this is the playoffs and the best teams are still in this.

You people on here can trash talk all you want to but we have not said anything bad about your team. We are just trying to support our team and show our spirit. Quit making the predictions that your team will win in a blowout because you never know what can happen this is the playoffs and the best teams are still in this.

how about you stop basing all your post on high hopes and dreams and start basing them on the cold hard facts... WH is not as good as you think

West Hardin players and coaches, here is a little scouting report. Hope it helps!

Cayuga uses speed in playoff win

The Palestine Herald

By SCOTT TYLER

H-P Sports Editor

TYLER — All weekend, all Cayuga head coach Greg Jenkins heard about was the speed of Beckville.

Tuesday night, the Wildcats proved they have speed of their own.

Cayuga raced up and down the court all night Tuesday in a 76-57 Class A-Region III, Division I quarterfinal win over Beckville at the Herrington Patriot Center on the campus of the University of Texas at Tyler.

“All I have been hearing about is Beckville can run, Beckville can do this, Beckville can do that,†Jenkins said. “No one wants to give us credit but tonight we reached out and grabbed that credit.â€

Cayuga (23-9) will play West Hardin in the Class A-Region III semifinals at 10 a.m. Friday at Stephen F. Austin University’s Johnson Coliseum in Nacogdoches. West Hardin defeated Broaddus 41-33 Tuesday night.

“We reached one of our goals we set at the beginning of the season,†Jenkins said of getting to the regional tournament.

Cayuga reached the goal Tuesday night by using an aggressive defense and then running whenever the Wildcats got the ball.

“Defensive intensity is what we do and tonight we did it at its best,†Jenkins said. “We put pressure on their guards and were able to frustrate them.â€

Cayuga had 10 players score Tuesday night, led by senior Sam Downe’s 22 points as he made a trio of three pointers.

“Sam stepped it up tonight in front of a big crowd, in a big game,†Jenkins said. “Sam has never seen a shot he does not like and he always has the green light.â€

Cayuga used a 9-0 run in the first quarter to take the lead. The scoring spree was started with defense as Carlton Lester, who finished with 13 points, had a steal and made a 5-foot jumper.

Malcome Kennedy followed with a steal and got the ball to Darnell Walker who was fouled as he made a layup in transition. Walker would complete the three-point play with the free throw and Cayuga led, 16-9.

Cayuga took its first double-digit lead, 21-11, in the opening seconds of the second quarter when Traylon Shead made a jumper from the free-throw line.

The Wildcats kept the lead around 10 points for most of the quarter before the Cayuga head coach challenged the team during a timeout with less than two minutes left.

“During the timeout, I challenged them to be up by 15 at halftime,†Jenkins said. “I did not want us to get into a lull against Beckville to end the half.â€

The Wildcats met the challenge, scoring seven points in the final minute, started by a Downe three-pointer.

Then Billy Duncan had a layup and Shead had a putback both off of Cayuga’s transition game and the Wildcats opened up a 16-point (43-27) halftime lead.

Cayuga started the third quarter where it left off, scoring the first six points on a Lester layup, Kennedy putback and Shead layup, all off of transition plays. Shead’s basket would complete a 13-0 run starting back in the second quarter and Cayuga led, 49-27.

During the middle of the third quarter, Beckville kept the deficit near 20 points, prompting Jenkins to pull all five of his starters off the court for five bench players.

“We started the third with good intensity but then we had a lapse,†the Cayuga head coach said. “I have five guys beside me who were begging for playing time and they got in there and got the pace going and the intensity back up.â€

A pair of baskets by Chris Wilson and a 5-foot jumper from Forrest Prophette increased the lead to 59-37 at the end of the third quarter and the Wildcats never looked back.

Cayuga is gonna win no doubt... so maybe you should not go to the game and just sleep since you work nights cuz if you stay up and go to the game its gonna be a waste of time for you and youre gonna be dreadin that you didnt sleep

Yak Yak,

I do not think you should correct anyone on grammer. After reading the above masterpiece authored by none other than yourself it is quite clear you are no literary genius. That is one heck of a sentence you constructed there.

Now, back to the game. Most WH posters on here, who have been here more than 5 posts, aren't assuring a win. They just are backing their team. That is the way it is supposed to be. Good Luck Cayuga and safe travel to everyone.

Guest JCfan

Cayuga is a very good team. I do wish their trash talkers would calm themselves, but they are mainly trying to shake any players that might read this.

They are going to be a team that playing BS three times will have helped prepare WH for.

Also, I don't think this game will be a blowout either way.

WH needs to play hard, strong, good basketball with few mental errors just like at Evadale against BS.

If they play that way I will take them by 6.

Oh yeah, it is a shame that kids other than the players themselves get on here and talk all that trash about what the players are going to do. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder