World War III

PhatMack19

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yes sir. I'm no expert but most people don't realize what those things can do or their path. Even though everyone should know about M.A.D., there are those who think it is survivable. In case of a nuclear war, I want it to hit about 5 miles from my house for maximum efficiency. I'm kinda like Ron White and his plane crash. He says "Hit something hard. I don't want to limp away from this S.O. B."

Yeah, I'd rather bust like a grape than deal with the radiation.  It's incredible what those things are capable of, but it's been 25 years since the Cold War ended, and unfortunately, we've got an entire generation of Americans that don't understand the effects of what could happen.  You're also correct about the paths.  Their trajectory leads them over the top of the North Pole and back down to Moscow.  It's a much shorter distance than following the earth around equatorially. 

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

Yes sir. I'm no expert but most people don't realize what those things can do or their path. Even though everyone should know about M.A.D., there are those who think it is survivable. In case of a nuclear war, I want it to hit about 5 miles from my house for maximum efficiency. I'm kinda like Ron White and his plane crash. He says "Hit something hard. I don't want to limp away from this S.O. B."

This is a pretty cool website(well not really.)  You can put in your location and simulate Nuke strikes with different bombs.  I would think we would need to get away from SETX if something did go down. 

This is the hidden content, please

Baddog, I tried to send this to you in a PM, but you have that option turned off apparently. 

Didn't want to take up too much space on Mack's thread, but I had a story I thought you might appreciate:

So this is circa 1992-3.  I was twelve or thirteen, my Dad was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, that's where he met my mom.  So we would go back twice a year to see my grandparents since Mom and Dad moved us to Kirbyville before I was born.  My sister was born there at the Univeristy of Arizona hospital.  At any rate, we were there visiting grandpa and were bored one afternoon, so we decided to make a trip to one of the old missile silos that they had retired and turned into a tourist attraction.

The shear size of that hole in the ground was incredible.  Still to that day, 20 years after they retired it, there wasn't a speck of dirt in that facility. The place looked like it was still operational, I couldn't get over how pristine it was. Dad popped off at one point, "Boy, this is where I learned to dip Skoal and not spit."  The door to the control room was about 12 inches thick of solid steel and the tour guide picked me out of the group to open and close that door, since I was the smallest in the group by a long shot.  Good God, I couldn't even budge that thing.  It took myself, Dad, and the tour guide to open it and close it! 

But speaking of Classified information, they had the warhead dismantled and layed out topside in the open for everyone to look at.  The tour guide brought us by and stopped and gave his spiel, and wasn't exactly correct in what he said.  So Dad corrected him.  The look of that guys face..."Sir, that's still Classified information", he shouted.  Dad was pretty shook up about it, but I thought it was the coolest thing that my Daddy took him to task.  Later on, Dad explained to me the importance of Classified info and how embarrassed it made him to think that he let something out of the bag that he shouldn't have.  20 YEARS LATER!  If only Hillary Clinton shared the same feeling! 

So here's to you, Dad!  And Hook em', you dirty aggy!

6 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Baddog, I tried to send this to you in a PM, but you have that option turned off apparently. 

Didn't want to take up too much space on Mack's thread, but I had a story I thought you might appreciate:

So this is circa 1992-3.  I was twelve or thirteen, my Dad was stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, that's where he met my mom.  So we would go back twice a year to see my grandparents since Mom and Dad moved us to Kirbyville before I was born.  My sister was born there at the Univeristy of Arizona hospital.  At any rate, we were there visiting grandpa and were bored one afternoon, so we decided to make a trip to one of the old missile silos that they had retired and turned into a tourist attraction.

The shear size of that hole in the ground was incredible.  Still to that day, 20 years after they retired it, there wasn't a speck of dirt in that facility. The place looked like it was still operational, I couldn't get over how pristine it was. Dad popped off at one point, "Boy, this is where I learned to dip Skoal and not spit."  The door to the control room was about 12 inches thick of solid steel and the tour guide picked me out of the group to open and close that door, since I was the smallest in the group by a long shot.  Good God, I couldn't even budge that thing.  It took myself, Dad, and the tour guide to open it and close it! 

But speaking of Classified information, they had the warhead dismantled and layed out topside in the open for everyone to look at.  The tour guide brought us by and stopped and gave his spiel, and wasn't exactly correct in what he said.  So Dad corrected him.  The look of that guys face..."Sir, that's still Classified information", he shouted.  Dad was pretty shook up about it, but I thought it was the coolest thing that my Daddy took him to task.  Later on, Dad explained to me the importance of Classified info and how embarrassed it made him to think that he let something out of the bag that he shouldn't have.  20 YEARS LATER!  If only Hillary Clinton shared the same feeling! 

So here's to you, Dad!  And Hook em', you dirty aggy!

Cool story......lucky. lol

MAD wasn't the kind of WW III I was referring to, but the thought of dying from radiation poisoning isn't at all appealing.  Fortunately, I won't have to worry about it since I've heard from reliable sources that one of the Russian ICBM's is aimed at Evadale :) 

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

MAD wasn't the kind of WW III I was referring to, but the thought of dying from radiation poisoning isn't at all appealing.  Fortunately, I won't have to worry about it since I've heard from reliable sources that one of the Russian ICBM's is aimed at Evadale :) 

For what?  So our scorched bones don't have any paper to write on afterwards?  Lulz

34 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Russian State TV telling people to prepare their anuses.  Do you know where your closest fallout shelter is?

This is the hidden content, please

Like I said, some think it's survivable. Who wants to survive that? Hiroshima and Nagasaki were totally leveled with bombs measured in kilotons. We now have bombs measured in megatons which are thousands of times more powerful. Putin is playing with fire and acting a fool.....but that's all it takes.

28 minutes ago, baddog said:

Like I said, some think it's survivable. Who wants to survive that? Hiroshima and Nagasaki were totally leveled with bombs measured in kilotons. We now have bombs measured in megatons which are thousands of times more powerful. Putin is playing with fire and acting a fool.....but that's all it takes.

It's not only the leaders that we have to worry about. Think about all the officers the field that have to make decisions under duress... We've been lucky through the years. Frankly, I'd rather not continue testing our luck.