Warren BYE

Week 8 Schedule

Buna at Woodville (+35)
Coldspring-Oakhurst (+28) vs Trinity
Kirbyville (+35) at Warren
Kountze BYE

Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 157 - 144 / (4-2)(2-0)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 160 - 121 / (2-3)(2-0)
Kirbyville / 186 - 141 / (4-3)(1-2)
Kountze / 160 - 267 / (2-5)(0-3)
Trinity / 108 - 245 / (2-5)(1-2)
Warren / 46 - 212 / (1-5)(0-2)
Woodville / 278 - 47 / (6-1)(3-0)

The third week of district play made it a much more clear picture as to who the four playoff teams will be. I think it's safe to say Buna, Coldspring, Kirbyville, and Woodville have sealed the top 4 spots, barring a miracle by Kountze. Coldspring put in a good win over Kirbyville, 33-21. Buna had a win over Kountze, 28-13. Woodville turned in another dominating performance over Trinity, gliding through the Tigers to the tune of 46-0.

Week 4 of district play should be eerily similar to the first week of district play. Not many competitive match-ups scheduled as Kirbyville travels to Warren and Coldspring hosts Trinity. Even though it shouldn't be close, expect the Buna Cougars to play Woodville tough, though. At the end of the day though, Woodville should beat Buna and stay undefeated in district play.

Game of the Week:

Woodville Eagles vs Buna Cougars

Got a question for you eagleswoodville#1. I know you've said that the reason yall still go for 2 after each TD is because yall don't have a kicker. Ok, I get not trying for an extra point early on, but once you build a decent lead, why not just let one of yalls guys try to kick an extra point? Why still go for 2 solely because you don't have a good kicker? It's the same concept as putting in back-ups after building a big lead. Surely somebody on the team would like to see if he can hit one. Who cares if he don't make it? Lol.. Know what I mean? Have yall tried for a pt after at all this yr?

2 hours ago, Bigdaddy79 said:

I think the CS Buna game will be a good game in a couple weeks, but it will come down to CS and WV for district.. I still feel WV will take it this year.

Woodville vs Coldspring will be the only good game left this year. Coldspring should beat Buna by at least 3 TD