West Orange - Stark

XX Man

2 questions. First, why did WOS put "Leroy Breedlove Field" on top of the scoreboard? Leroy Breedlove has absolutly nothing to do with that field. He never coached a team that played on that field. Period. And, the field already has a name, "Dan Hooks Stadium". This is just messy and a slap in the face to Dan Hooks. Second, why doesn't WOS get the darn scoreboard fixed? The downs, yards and such does not work. The only thing that works, is the score and the time. Money would have been much better spent on the scoreboard, that that sign they put on top of it.

6 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Don't laugh cause I've heard that the fuses on the Mustangs score side are twice as large as the ones on the visitors score.  Seriously.

Majestyk, your humor never ends. I couldn't find you at the game last night.

I have to also disagree with the naming of the field. Coach Breedlove is a good man and was a good junior high coach. He never coached varsity football. The naming of stadiums and fields is so stupid. What are we going to give Coach T"s name to when he retires? The press box, the side line benches, the impossible walk-way from the entry gate by the concession stand to your seat- Name that "Cornell Thompsons children chain gang barricade". 

3 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

If that's the case, then why are we the only school in the area that does that? I don't buy that.

With the long history of the scoreboard not working, I agree, what is up with that. Even smaller schools with less enrollment and not as much of a winning tradition have complete working scoreboards. I am just saying that this broken scoreboard is an embarrassment to WOS. I know WOS can take bids to have someone or some company fix the scoreboard. Even if some school wanted to use the stadium for a playoff game, who would without a complete working scoreboard.

Posting questions and points of view are one thing! Attending the school board meetings and actually getting involved in the solution is the ANSWER! Ask questions, participate and help introduce new ideas. If you don't participate or engage in volunteering your time then posts are a waste of time! That's just my nickel of knowledge hahaha

On 10/8/2016 at 7:07 AM, tennisbc said:

the scoreboard has been a problem going on for too long, for such a great winning tradition of football, you would think by now it would be fixed somehow or be someone who has the money or knowledge.

Par for the course in Setx. It's also ridiculous that lots of assistant coaches in greater Houston area make  close to the same salary  Coach Thompson makes. Why won't the WOS brass pony up and pay this great coach 110K!! 

15 hours ago, 78Stang said:

I have to also disagree with the naming of the field. Coach Breedlove is a good man and was a good junior high coach. He never coached varsity football. The naming of stadiums and fields is so stupid. What are we going to give Coach T"s name to when he retires? The press box, the side line benches, the impossible walk-way from the entry gate by the concession stand to your seat- Name that "Cornell Thompsons children chain gang barricade". 

Classic!

6 hours ago, GUNHO said:

If that's the case, then why are we the only school in the area that does that? I don't buy that.

Because we do not have a separate controller for down and distance independent from the clock controller. Two people can not be using the same box. That's the issue. Come on up next home game and you will see. 

So you are saying nothing is wrong with our scoreboard? It's different than all the other scoreboards in the area?I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but it worked fine for years so I don't understand where the problem is.Did we have separate controllers back then and that's why it worked back then?

5 hours ago, ThunderCat said:

Posting questions and points of view are one thing! Attending the school board meetings and actually getting involved in the solution is the ANSWER! Ask questions, participate and help introduce new ideas. If you don't participate or engage in volunteering your time then posts are a waste of time! That's just my nickel of knowledge hahaha

Fantastic post!