West Orange - Stark

XX Man

52 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

So you are saying nothing is wrong with our scoreboard? It's different than all the other scoreboards in the area?I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but it worked fine for years so I don't understand where the problem is.Did we have separate controllers back then and that's why it worked back then?

The officials that work the games as time keepers have been instructed to only worry about time and not the extras. First week the time keeper said he would not enter the score. We had an extra person come over and enter the score. I confirmed with my TASO football officials if this was correct and they said yes. Could be that those extras were distracting them from starting and stopping the clock. If our controller has an extra keypad that could be plugged in I have not seen it. I'm sure a new system could fix that but it would then take more folks to operate it and space is already limited. Roderick does a great job giving you the yard line and down and distance so to me this is a really minor beef. 

Did y'all not hear the man tell y'all that the scoreboard works????? There is one controller. MrUmp1 was kind enough to say that the officials only work the clock. I'm sure it would be overworking them to ask them to also keep up with the down and the to go part of the scoreboard too. It's ridiculous that they won't do it. 

4 hours ago, MrUmp1 said:

Because we do not have a separate controller for down and distance independent from the clock controller. Two people can not be using the same box. That's the issue. Come on up next home game and you will see. 

I don't buy that. The darn thing worked at one time, and they work at other schools. It can work here, as well.

I have attended school board meetings, but I admit, I have not been to one in a long time. I just expect the school board to use good sense. Guess that went out the building on the sign atop the score board.

On October 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM, XX Man said:
1 hour ago, XX Man said:

I don't buy that. The darn thing worked at one time, and they work at other schools. It can work here, as well.

I have attended school board meetings, but I admit, I have not been to one in a long time. I just expect the school board to use good sense. Guess that went out the building on the sign atop the score board.

Nothing against Coach Breedlove. He was a good guy, but this is the wrong place to honor him. You want to start honoring past coaches, the list is long and honored, from West Orange and Stark both. That sign needs removed.

Did you run for school board and get beat? Give it a rest!

In a few weeks the regular season will be over! Those who are truly concerned will have about 10 months to come up with private funding and sponsors for a new score board! For those who are only posting to stir the pot then you have a chance and opportunity to use your keyboard skills and email every business in Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst to help fund the project! Get started ASAP! Everything starts with a dream!

2 hours ago, studd88 said:

Did you run for school board and get beat? Give it a rest!

No, I did not run, but I did have people wanting me to run. I have too many irons in the fire to devote the time needed to do a good job. At the time I had people wanting me to run, I received an award for the most volunteer hours at the high school and was running a 4H Club. Add that to raising kids, chasing after their hobbies, a job, and other things.

2 hours ago, td said:

The kids are focused on a much bigger prize than a scoreboard. It would be nice though. We had a chance to pass a bond a few years ago but the part to update the field didn't pass. 

That update was for artificial turf. There may have been other things too, but the main thing was the turf. It was voted down.

1 hour ago, ManiacAlum2000 said:

That's putting a lot of faith in a group of elected officials, whether it be the federal government or the local school board. The only difference being that it's pretty easy to voice complaints directly to the WOCCISD.

At least we have a School Board President that I totally trust.

On 10/9/2016 at 5:36 PM, td said:

Did y'all not hear the man tell y'all that the scoreboard works????? There is one controller. MrUmp1 was kind enough to say that the officials only work the clock. I'm sure it would be overworking them to ask them to also keep up with the down and the to go part of the scoreboard too. It's ridiculous that they won't do it. 

I don't care how many controllers it has. If it needs another one to get the job done, then the scoreboard is BROKE. For years all of it worked, so why is it that it quit working? Regardless of why it is not working, it needs addressed and FIXED. Do you understand that???????????

On 10/9/2016 at 3:01 PM, MrUmp1 said:

The officials that work the games as time keepers have been instructed to only worry about time and not the extras. First week the time keeper said he would not enter the score. We had an extra person come over and enter the score. I confirmed with my TASO football officials if this was correct and they said yes. Could be that those extras were distracting them from starting and stopping the clock. If our controller has an extra keypad that could be plugged in I have not seen it. I'm sure a new system could fix that but it would then take more folks to operate it and space is already limited. Roderick does a great job giving you the yard line and down and distance so to me this is a really minor beef. 

If that is the truth, then they need to be re-instructed. I really don't care what is broke, whether it is a controller, the scoreboard or an official running the scoreboard. Whatever it is, needs fixed. No excuse.