Week 7 #5 The Woodlands (5-0) vs West Brook (6-0)

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The Woodlands has just as much talent and athletes as West Brook, but deeper in every position just based on sheer numbers... The Woodlands will pull away late and win by about 3 scores, which is no knock on WB.  This will be WB's only loss...

Don't forget abt there defense.  They are pretty good. 

21 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I've got The Woodlands by as much as they want. I love my Bruins, but they haven't played anybody worth a crap. This will be WB's first real game, against a real team. I think Brook will go 2-2, over the next 4, with losses to Lufkin, and the Highlanders. 

Wrong.  That private school they played was extremely good and Brook beat them...

Bud, the teams WB has played have a 9-25 record, collectively. Only one of them has a winning record, and that's Montgomery, at 4-2. I guess the quality of wins isn't what I would want it to be, and when we actually play a quality team, like Lufkin, or the Woodlands, I don't expect us to be on the same page. Maybe I'm way off, and we'll beat one of the aforementioned teams left on the schedule. The way I see it, we'll finish 8-2, which is a huge step in the right direction. Especially, for this staff. But, until we can beat teams like that, I don't think we'll get the respect that we've had in the past. Still, starting the season 6-0, is a huge accomplishment, and something I wasn't expecting. So, huge kudos to the kids, and the staff.

4 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I've got The Woodlands by as much as they want. I love my Bruins, but they haven't played anybody worth a crap. This will be WB's first real game, against a real team. I think Brook will go 2-2, over the next 4, with losses to Lufkin, and the Highlanders. 

3-1 ....Lufkin isn't that good 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:46 PM, 82 5A State Champs said:

They need to do away with the ridiculous Beaumont bowl.....it hurts west brook. 

Very interesting to read WB fans perspective on the game.  This site was mentioned on statewide football site 6Atxfootball.  Glad to know there is a site I can go to for more info about SE Texas teams.  WB fans are not too different from the take of The Woodlands fans.   A poll on that site picks the Highlanders as favorites.  But, some say watch out for WB.  On both sites West Brook's previous competition seems to be the big question.  The WB record is impressive, but what does it mean?  HS football fans will find out real soon.  I've never been to the WB stadium and may try to make this game just to watch two programs that to the best of my knowledge have never played each other.  The Woodlands will bring a huge band, many cheer leaders and dancers and probably a large crowd.  This should be a great atmosphere, I can't wait.

On 10/1/2016 at 0:44 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, but obviously not on the same page as their offense...  Lufkin scored on that defense like it was wet toilet paper.  

The Defense is considered the strength of the team, the Offense a work in progress.  One could argue the work in progress did well with 63 against Lufkin, but that has been the exception.  The Defense has carried The Woodlands this season and last season.