*Coach Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

I agree...Brandon is the heart of the team BUT he isn't the soul of the team.  I remember watching him play in the 4th grade and being in awe of how good he was.  Not to negate his achievements or talents but he has a strong crew playing with him.  Jared, Zach, Tyler and Matthew are strong players in their own right.  Coach Fuller was blessed with this group just like they were blessed with him!!!!!

Also, I want to mention the rest of the team.  They step up when called on and do a great job.

Point well stated --- I completely concur. I was just aggravated with Brandon getting bashed on here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Moderators,

Can we please change the title of this thread to "The West Hardin love fest". West Hardin fans are becoming the new HJ (who incidentally took over from the Lumberton football people). Every time someone posts a thread here they come. If someone started a new thread called "Louisiana Basketball", the second post would be "West Hardin would beat them" followed by "Coach Fuller should be the Louisiana coach of the year", followed by someone from somewhere other than West Hardin disagreeing, followed by 10 WH posts complaining about no respect. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Now on topic; I think there are several great candidates for Coach of the year. Sutherland, Fuller, Hargraves etc. have all done a great job. It would be difficult to pick one out. I guess the only easy solution to this would be to give the award out by classification. Then no one would get their feelings hurt.

Dear Moderators,

Can we please change the title of this thread to "The West Hardin love fest". West Hardin fans are becoming the new HJ (who incidentally took over from the Lumberton football people). Every time someone posts a thread here they come. If someone started a new thread called "Louisiana Basketball", the second post would be "West Hardin would beat them" followed by "Coach Fuller should be the Louisiana coach of the year", followed by someone from somewhere other than West Hardin disagreeing, followed by 10 WH posts complaining about no respect. Wash, rinse, repeat...

Now on topic; I think there are several great candidates for Coach of the year. Sutherland, Fuller, Hargraves etc. have all done a great job. It would be difficult to pick one out. I guess the only easy solution to this would be to give the award out by classification. Then no one would get their feelings hurt.

Woowee...can you feel the hate? :o  Perhaps if we weren't getting dumped on CONSTANTLY by people like you, we wouldn't feel the need to defend ourselves.  We are just normal people, supporting a group of kids who deserve it.  I found it real interesting that, last night, channel 4 news went down the list of games tonight wishing all the teams well...EXCEPT for West Hardin!  Why?  Probably because we are "just 1A" and don't really matter!  I think that has pretty much been the jest of most of the negative comments!  We are proud, we are loud and if that bothers anyone and everyone....WHO CARES!!!  We've got our shot, we are going to enjoy it!  If you don't like it, then I would suggest you don't read posts from West Hardin fans!  Oh, and for the record, some of our support comes from the surrounding communties!

Fuller is great!  West Hardin is great!  WOO HOO!!

Most of the WH fans posts that I know of on here are respectful and sensible.

They only get upset when people who think classifications means everything and start bashing or disrespecting a great coach, player, or team.

That said, they are normally not the ones who change the topic. People have deferred to saying why it shouldn't be Fuller, or Letsinger (POY), instead of simply posting who they believe it should be.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Theres nothing to do in west hardin so they sit on the computer all day long and suck up there coach and player.......Listen I am going to say this again and for the last time..........Brandon is a great player at his level......he's good I will say that..but he's good at the level he plays on ok.......The coach is a great coach I will give it to him but just becasue they have one good season yall are all stuck up there rearends....I mean west hardin is having a good year...Congra I am glad that another team in our area is doing great I really am......But please people stop trying to play them out to be the greatest.......thats why they have made a player of the year in each classification becasue everyone knows brandon will not win it against the 5a player,4a,3a, or 2a......He's not better than Brown, hes not better than Kris richards, hes not better than Ryan Donahue, hes not better than Tramaine thomas....thats just the way it goes......and the overall player of the year that meant the most to his team is prob. Ryan Donahue..........The best player in the AREA is no doubt Brown......so just deal with it.....

Theres nothing to do in west hardin so they sit on the computer all day long and suck up there coach and player.......Listen I am going to say this again and for the last time..........Brandon is a great player at his level......he's good I will say that..but he's good at the level he plays on ok.......The coach is a great coach I will give it to him but just becasue they have one good season yall are all stuck up there rearends....I mean west hardin is having a good year...Congra I am glad that another team in our area is doing great I really am......But please people stop trying to play them out to be the greatest.......thats why they have made a player of the year in each classification becasue everyone knows brandon will not win it against the 5a player,4a,3a, or 2a......He's not better than Brown, hes not better than Kris richards, hes not better than Ryan Donahue, hes not better than Tramaine thomas....thats just the way it goes......and the overall player of the year that meant the most to his team is prob. Ryan Donahue..........The best player in the AREA is no doubt Brown......so just deal with it.....

What about the last 3 years when he was playing in the toughest 2A district in the state and putting up the same stats?  Does that count for anything?

There he goes with that no doubt, for sure and certain stuff again.

Ok ltown, they will all never play together or against one another, sowe may never know.

Your opinions are not definite fact.

No one said that BL was better than all the players you mentioned, but the fact is that unless he played on the same teams those guys played on you can't know as fact whether he would be not as good, equally good, or better.

Just get over the fact that what anyone states on here about the level of a good player is opinion and not fact. Finals scores are facts. What team your playing and where is fact. Everything else is opinion,as is yours about who the players of the year areand how they rank in talent at any given position.

Donahoe, Brown, Richards, Thomas, Letsinger , and others are all great players.         

Good luck to all in the playoffs and their college futures.

And by the way, it is none of anyones business which colleges are calling any player unless that player wishes to disclose that information. Until then it is private and personal.

What about the last 3 years when he was playing in the toughest 2A district in the state and putting up the same stats?   Does that count for anything?

Apparently, none of that (stats or AAU) matters to good old ltown.  He just enjoys a fight!  Let it go!  Wasting time responding is of no value!!!  He is entitled to his opinion he just doesn't think we are entitled to ours. :o  Whatever! ::)

Itown, you seem to be the classic bully...needing to put others down in order to make yourself feel better.  You insult and degrade people that we (yes, the horrible WH fans) care about because they are our friends and family, and then you act like we are irrational for wanting to set the record straight in their defense.  If you REALLY stop to think about it, do you find that rational?  For the record, I have never once read a post by anyone from West Hardin claiming that we are "the greatest."  Your posts are ignorant, incorrect, and irrational period.  I hate to be negative, but the things you write are ridiculous.  I feel sorry for you.  For your sake, I hope you're a kid...if you're an adult, then I feel even MORE sorry for you.

Yep yep, I totally agree with you that a coach  needs talent to win and there are absolutely a lot of great coaches out there that aren't getting their due b/c they don't have the same level of talent as other coaches.  I don't disagree with that at all.  I was just saying that I think a GREAT team is created by a combination of talent and leadership...just my opinion, though, and I think you make very valid and good points.  I agree with you about Jackson, Henry and English, too!

Castor27, please explain to me further why it is so wrong or out of the ordinary that fans who admire and respect their basketball coach would click on a thread entitled Coach of the Year and express their appreciation for him.  Did I misread the title of the thread...did it say "Coach of the Year according to everyone except West Hardin fans"?

Man I was wondering the same thing if I opened the right one. I thought this was coach of the year not best athlete of the year.

Yes it does take talent to win but if you have a coach that makes no sense and is hateful with no respect then you won't get anywhere. I have watched a lot of the coaches this year and the only calm one and respectful one is Coach Fuller from West Hardin. I had some of the coaches mentioned in school and they had no respect for the players what so ever!

Coach Fuller is calm and a very respectful person and yes he should be coach of the year!

Guest ltownbaseball9

lol brandon is avg like 12 points a game in the playoffs looks like they got better players on the team then just him.......somebody that is supposed to be a stud scores look at thomas lastnight for EC and look at donahue.......this guy isnt a stud.......

Fuller gets my vote........1A or not you dont see him hollering at his kids or getting mad like you see most coaches out there ... that just shows this man has class.. He gets my vote any day I have seen what he does with those boys and how he treats them... he is a good example of how a young man should be...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder