*Coach Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WH's Kent Fuller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this man has class , good attitude, enthusiasm, and leads a great life.  i think that he is the best role model for the boys. should i say the whole school.

and without a doubt the best coach that i have personally seen come through West Hardin in a very long time

Talent helps.  It would be hard not to win with that group.  Same for Boutte, Hargrave and Joubert.  They are all good coaches, but talent wins MOST games not coaches.  Any of those mentioned though would be deserving of Coach of Year. 

I will say it again, Coach Fuller was the right guy for this group of kids. Is he coach of the year, I don't know. To WH folks, yes. But there are many good coaches out there. Boutte, McCarter, Joubert, Hargraves, Sutherland and more. I will back Coach Fuller for the following reason, look at where WH has been and where we are. Sure, athletes help, but that is one thing all the above coaches have at their disposal this year. I always said Coach Jackson should be in the running every year. While at Deweyville he was always out athleted, but he was always tough to beat. (and fun to watch).

Guest ltownbaseball9

Travis Williams from silsbee.........lost alot of players from last year and there big man.... has some up and downs during the season but winning at the right time......Really don't have any stud players He just has them playing team ball and using there athletic ability to win......

West Hardin's Kent Fuller. Fuller has been more than a coach at West Hardin - he has become those boy's role model. He is a fine, Christian man with excellent morals, and his coaching and presentation of himself proves it. Not to mention that he has turned West Hardin's Oiler basketball program completely around. His accomplishments, coaching ability, and ethics make him Coach of the Year in my book.

I disagree, yepyep.  Without leadership, guidance, direction and someone to pull a team together, talent doesn't always win.  I've seen the personal interaction between Coach Fuller and his players.  Those guys give everything they've got for him, and I don't think it would be the same with just any coach.  They know he cares about them and has their best interest and growth at heart.  He gets my vote for coach of the year, but I do admit, I'm partial. ;)  I know there are other great coaches in our area, Coach Foster at Big Sandy for one.  East Chambers' coach has obviously done great things this year, too.  I don't believe West Hardin has ever won a district championship in basketball in the history of the school (they were co-champs like 30 years ago or something like that).  I think they've been to the playoffs once and lost in the first round.  In my opinion, this year for West Hardin has been the right combination of talent, teamwork, attitude AND great coaching.

I disagree, yepyep.  Without leadership, guidance, direction and someone to pull a team together, talent doesn't always win.  I've seen the personal interaction between Coach Fuller and his players.  Those guys give everything they've got for him, and I don't think it would be the same with just any coach.  They know he cares about them and has their best interest and growth at heart.  He gets my vote for coach of the year, but I do admit, I'm partial. ;)  I know there are other great coaches in our area, Coach Foster at Big Sandy for one.  East Chambers' coach has obviously done great things this year, too.  I don't believe West Hardin has ever won a district championship in basketball in the history of the school (they were co-champs like 30 years ago or something like that).  I think they've been to the playoffs once and lost in the first round.  In my opinion, this year for West Hardin has been the right combination of talent, teamwork, attitude AND great coaching.

I dont disagree with what you are saying.  But coaches get to much credit, and too much criticism.  Talent wins games, plain and simple.  Do you think HI or Evadale or Bridge City would have made the playoffs with Foster, Fuller or Sutherland coaching them this year?  No.

If WH is not as good next year(which is likely), will it be because of the coach?  No.

Why didnt Scotty Phillips or Lucky Gamble win while at WH?  Both of them are two of the best football coaches in the state, and both have won state championships.  I am not trying to argue with you, as we both agree Fuller is an excellent coach and more importantly a good man.  I just know there are lots of very good coaches out there that dont get credit because they dont have the same talent at their school as others.

Guest ltownbaseball9

I agree with Yep yep.......look when ozen was great they had all the talent in the world they didn't win becasue of boutte they won becasue they had talent.......boutte is a great coach but when you got talent you win thats just how it is......I mean when ozen lost perkings, young, dabney, look what ozen has done now they have struggled very bad.......look at dallas lincoln when they lost chris bosh and there stud guy they have struggled.......thats why I think the silsbee coach is the coach of the year he lost his stud guy and has put together a good team this year that has a bunch of good strong athletic guys........they don't have any studs on there team......they just play together and play team basketball and that comes from the coach.....

Guest ltownbaseball9

Lol and who have they played its freaking 1a..............did a good coaching job against WOS this year........win state and then you can consider him..........all you need in 1a is a good player like Brandon and another descent player and then  your good to go .........I guess all these west hardin  people have nothing else to do except to be in Love with there coach.......West Hardin is good......they won't win state....they have a good player in Brandon but he's not great.........if you want to give the coach of the year then its travis williams or the east chambers coach hands down.......

Lol and who have they played its freaking 1a..............did a good coaching job against WOS this year........win state and then you can consider him..........all you need in 1a is a good player like Brandon and another descent player and then  your good to go .........I guess all these west hardin  people have nothing else to do except to be in Love with there coach.......West Hardin is good......they won't win state....they have a good player in Brandon but he's not great.........if you want to give the coach of the year then its travis williams or the east chambers coach hands down.......

Who says that a state championship determines a good coach? In the long run, the state title will be upon the boy's shoulders; not the coach's. And yes, the majority of the wins were from 1A schools -- but that is WH's district! Saratoga is a small community/school...and they have come from winning very few games to being 1A District Champs - that took alot of effort on not only the boy's part, but Coach Fuller as well; A team isn't a team without good guidance! West Hardin won't win state???...maybe not, but they have just as good of a chance as anyone they are up against! And Brandon is an excellent player! How many WH games have you witnessed? - Letsinger is the heart of that team! His athletic ability shines, as well as his excellent attitude and leadership skills. A handfull of colleges wouldn't be knocking on his door if he wasn't!

I agree with Yep yep.......look when ozen was great they had all the talent in the world they didn't win becasue of boutte they won becasue they had talent.......boutte is a great coach but when you got talent you win thats just how it is......I mean when ozen lost perkings, young, dabney, look what ozen has done now they have struggled very bad.......look at dallas lincoln when they lost chris bosh and there stud guy they have struggled.......thats why I think the silsbee coach is the coach of the year he lost his stud guy and has put together a good team this year that has a bunch of good strong athletic guys........they don't have any studs on there team......they just play together and play team basketball and that comes from the coach.....

That doesnt mean Fuller is not a great coach though.  I was just trying to give some love to other coaches who get overshadowed because of lack of talent.  Jackson, Henry and English are good examples.

There are lots of great coaches in our area.  Those who have won state titles and those who havent even won district titles.  But year in and year out the team with the most talent usually wins, not the team with the best coach.

COACH KENT FULLER!!!  ;D

He's one of the finest men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  He has what it takes to be a great coach: integrity, honesty, dedication, a positive attitude and he's a God-fearing Christian man that walks what he talks!  I'll grant you...he has a very talented team and that isn't something you can take for granted.  They were talented when he got them but he has definitely helped them find their strengths and weaknesses both individually and collectively.

WIN, LOSE OR DRAW...GOD IS IN CONTROL!

There are many great coaches to choose from, Taps thru 5A, but coach Kent Fuller stands tallest in my eyes. He teaches TEAM unity & leadership on and off the court, he cares about his TEAM top to bottom, he not only wants them to succeed on the court, but also in life. They know he will be there when the chips are down. Win or lose,this man will always be a winner, where ever he goes.

ltown, you leave me speechless. Sadly, it is not in a good way.

There are a lot of good coaches out there. Don't try to down one someone thinks deserves it.

They didn't do that to Hargraves, Joubert, Henry or the others. They just stated who they thought deserved it.

Never seen such a negative person towards other people, not even on the other site.

And Brandon is an excellent player! How many WH games have you witnessed? - Letsinger is the heart of that team! His athletic ability shines, as well as his excellent attitude and leadership skills. A handfull of colleges wouldn't be knocking on his door if he wasn't!

I agree...Brandon is the heart of the team BUT he isn't the soul of the team.  I remember watching him play in the 4th grade and being in awe of how good he was.  Not to negate his achievements or talents but he has a strong crew playing with him.  Jared, Zach, Tyler and Matthew are strong players in their own right.  Coach Fuller was blessed with this group just like they were blessed with him!!!!!

Also, I want to mention the rest of the team.  They step up when called on and do a great job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder