WikiLeaks just released more emails

PhatMack19

19 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Look everybody, we've got a comedian here!  It's cool to deflect when the sh#! hits the fan, huh? 

I hope that comedian will take a look at the bankruptcy of a former DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE and what he had to say in retrospect about his experience:

In 1988, McGovern had his first brush with the real world — mugged is a better word — when he took his speaker fees generated while traveling the world on various lecture tours and purchased a 46-year lease on the 150-room Stratford Inn in Stratford, Connecticut. Within three years the inn went into bankruptcy and McGovern wrote a letter to the Wall Street Journal in June 1992

This is the hidden content, please
:

It's been 11 years since I left the U.S. Senate, after serving 24 years in high public office. After leaving a career in politics, I devoted much of my time to public lectures that took me into every state in the union and much of Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.

In 1988, I invested most of the earnings from this lecture circuit acquiring the leasehold on Connecticut's Stratford Inn. Hotels, inns and restaurants have always held a special fascination for me. The Stratford Inn promised the realization of a longtime dream to own a combination hotel, restaurant and public conference facility — complete with an experienced manager and staff. 

In retrospect, I wish I had known more about the hazards and difficulties of such a business, especially during a recession of the kind that hit New England just as I was acquiring the inn's 43-year leasehold. 

I also wish that during the years I was in public office, I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender….

To create job opportunities we need entrepreneurs who will risk their capital against an expected payoff. Too often, however, public policy does not consider whether we are choking off those opportunities.

It was the choking of local, state and federal rules, regulations and mandates that forced his venture into bankruptcy. He explained:

My business associates and I … lived with federal, state and local rules that were all passed with the objective of helping employees, protecting the environment, raising tax dollars for schools, protecting our customers from fire hazards, etc. While I never doubted the worthiness of any of these goals, the concept that most often eludes legislators is: Can we make consumers pay the higher prices for the increased operating costs that accompany public regulation and government reporting requirements with reams of red tape? It is a simple concern that is nonetheless often ignored by legislators.

For example, the papers today are filled with stories about businesses dropping health coverage for employees. We provided a substantial package for our staff at the Stratford Inn. However, were we operating today, those costs would exceed $150,000 a year for health care on top of salaries and other benefits. There would have been no reasonable way for us to absorb or pass on these costs.

The lesson learned in the free market came late to McGovern, too late to make an impact on his excessive confidence in the power of government to solve society’s problems. As Justice Felix Frankfurter said:

Wisdom too often never comes, and so one ought not to reject it merely because it comes late.

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Only NOW because it fits your agenda to maintain control and power 

No, a One World Government doesn't fit my agenda at all, then or now.  It's bad enough our own government trying to control us.  The thought of the UN doing so, goes against everything America stands for.  When I said, "buy into it", I was referring to believing it, although I should have pointed out its jmo, I certainly have no proof.  Right or wrong, I'm convinced that's an agenda of the Democratic Party.  I'm also convinced that several high ranking Republicans are involved in that same goal.  Politicians, go figure.

New Wikileaks emails released just moments ago include a shocking admission by Clinton campaign manager John Podesta that Hillary Clinton “has begun to hate everyday Americans”.

The whistleblower organization dumped part 3 of its Podesta email release today and this has to be the most jaw-dropping revelation yet.

The email, sent by Podesta on April 19, 2015, contains a discussion on what talking points Hillary should use in framing her candidacy for president in order to get a good head start.

“I know she has begun to hate everyday Americans, but I think we should use it once the first time she says I’m running for president because you and everyday Americans need a champion,” writes Podesta.
“I think if she doesn’t say it once, people will notice and say we false started in Iowa,” he concludes.

By RACHEL ALEXANDER Published on October 9, 2016

A significant portion of online support for Hillary Clinton is manufactured by paid “astroturf” trolls: a large team of supporters who spends long hours responding to negative news on the internet about her. The Clinton SuperPAC Correct the Record, which is affiliated with her campaign, acknowledged in an April press release that it was spending $1 million on project “Breaking Barriers” to pay people to respond to negative information about Clinton on social media sites like Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and Twitter. That amount has since increased to over $6 million. The trolls create a false impression that Clinton has more support than she really does, because one supporter will frequently create multiple anonymous accounts.

Libby Watson of The Sunlight Foundation observed that the astroturf effort goes far beyond merely defending Clinton, to targeting and intimidating those who criticize her. She told The Daily Beast, “This seems to be going after essentially random individuals online.”

Brian Donahue, chief executive of the consulting firm Craft Media/Digital, explained the troll operation to The Los Angeles Times, “It is meant to appear to be coming organically from people and their social media networks in a groundswell of activism, when in fact it is highly paid and highly tactical.” He went on, “That is what the Clinton campaign has always been about. It runs the risk of being exactly what their opponents accuse them of being: a campaign that appears to be populist but is a smokescreen that is paid and brought to you by lifetime political operatives and high-level consultants.”

Hillary’s Anonymous Trolls First Targeted Bernie Sanders

The Daily Kos, which preferred Bernie Sanders over Clinton, observed some of these tactics during the Democratic primary. One author wrote, “[T]here have been a number of diaries claiming to ‘have switched from Bernie to Hillary’ lately, and some of them have been from recently created accounts with no record of pro-Sanders remarks or diaries.” The author further called the Clinton effort out, writing, “We are on to your presumptive corporate shilling.”

9 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

New Wikileaks emails released just moments ago include a shocking admission by Clinton campaign manager John Podesta that Hillary Clinton “has begun to hate everyday Americans”.

The whistleblower organization dumped part 3 of its Podesta email release today and this has to be the most jaw-dropping revelation yet.

The email, sent by Podesta on April 19, 2015, contains a discussion on what talking points Hillary should use in framing her candidacy for president in order to get a good head start.

“I know she has begun to hate everyday Americans, but I think we should use it once the first time she says I’m running for president because you and everyday Americans need a champion,” writes Podesta.
“I think if she doesn’t say it once, people will notice and say we false started in Iowa,” he concludes.

I knew she had no use for anyone lower in station than her.  Wasn't aware she hated though.  Knowing her as an extreme elitist, it doesn't surprise me.  She uses the "common people" and discards them, as one would a paper towel.  She is a selfish, despicable person, always on the look out for #1.  The fact that she can dupe so many Americans is a sad commentary to what we've become.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I knew she had no use for anyone lower in station than her.  Wasn't aware she hated though.  Knowing her as an extreme elitist, it doesn't surprise me.  She uses the "common people" and discards them, as one would a paper towel.  She is a selfish, despicable person, always on the look out for #1.  The fact that she can dupe so many Americans is a sad commentary to what we've become.

Even though that is very true, it doesn't matter because Trump has said some things that aren't very nice and that is far more reprehensible.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

She used the "N" word and no one is upset. Simply amazing.

In fairness, she only forwarded that message. To me, that's not the biggest issue here. Sending classified info over unsecure servers is. If Bush had done that, he would've been impeached, plain and simple. The double standard in this country is what's causing the hate, Toby.

30 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

In fairness, she only forwarded that message. To me, that's not the biggest issue here. Sending classified info over unsecure servers is. If Bush had done that, he would've been impeached, plain and simple. The double standard in this country is what's causing the hate, Toby.

Totally agree, but between the two, I thought the use of the "N" word would be more likely to piss some people off. Another free pass.