Shepherd 37 Coldspring-Oakhurst 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

14 hours ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Hello tigerheart, perhaps you are correct, there was a period in the early 2000's that were a lull of a team.  My godsister graduated in 2003 and I remember they lost that particular year.  Maybe they did lose consecutive years I do not recall us ever losing to Shepherd 2 straight years.  That seems unfathoable!! But tigerheart thanks for info that I was not aware of

Shepherd did win those two years, it was the last game of the year both years. I know some guys who played on those teams and went on to play college ball as well. 

Shepherd has always had a plethora of great athletes who received the opportunity to play on the collegiate level. Maybe you can help me tigerheart, there was a young man who graduated this past spring I cannot remember his name but he was all state in football.  He also placed 4th in the shot put in the state track & field meet. 

I am always happy and proud to see any student come from small places such as Coldspring, Shepherd, Kountze, Silsbee, Kirbyville, and other schools excel.  I like the student-athletes who excel academically and athletically.

The kids name is Johnathan Marshall and he is playing for Arkansas, I do believe that he redshirted this year but I could be wrong. Johnathan is a great athlete but an even better person. So happy for him. Also Royce See is playing for Sam Houston and played the entire second half of Sat. nights game at Safety. Another fine athlete and young man.

The game last Friday night was a tale of two halves. Coldspring looked very good in the first half, but did not make any adjustments in the second half. Shepherd looked like a deer in the headlights in the first half, but made the adjustments and flat out just outplayed Coldspring in the second half. Clearly Coldspring had way more athletes than Shepherd did, Shepherd's offense is not flashy, but when you can line up and get 4-6 yards a carry and run the same play over and over that will not end well for you against anyone. Shepherd's offensive line and fullback controlled the line and opened some big holes. Coldspring will be fine, they have way too many athletes not to. Maybe this will be the fire they need to push them to the next level. So good luck to them the rest of the way.

I will say this, that is the first time in a long time that I seen a Shepherd team be way more physical than a Coldspring team, and it showed in the fourth quarter.