Shepherd 37 Coldspring-Oakhurst 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans hope to get the 2016 season off of the ground tonight at they host the Shepherd Pirates.  Mark Byrd's Trojans had their season opener with Hardin-Jefferson called by lightning.  The Pirates suffered the same fate with their scheduled opener with Cleveland.

Join Kraig Erwin and Elmer Luck for all of the action from Trojan Field in Coldspring beginning with the kickoff at 7:00 pm by tuning your radio to KETX 1440 AM or by clicking the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojan Football on The Score, KETX 1440 AM and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Hi ladies and gentleman I am new to this blog.  I always read the blogs they seem real interesting so I decided to join. Take it easy on me and let me know if I do not use etiquette. I can get pretty fired up about high school football. Especially my home town Coldspring Trojans.
 With that being said hello everyone.

Clearly without a doubt the Trojans got totally outcoached in the 2nd half.  I do not know if you guys know it or not but the head coach Miles Robinson '94 and assistant coach Benjamin Goffney '91 are alumnus of Coldspring.  These guys know your system back and forth. I along with all of Coldsprings are sick to our stomach over this lost.  The 1st time in 13 years the Battle of San Jacinto trophy leaves Coldspring. 

Well I guess all good things must come to an end soon or later (:.  I am truly not happy about this crushing defeat to start the season.  We need new defensive stratgies in place immediately. 

Hate to lose but at least it was to our neighbors to south of us Shepherd Pirates.  Hats of to the Pirates they wanted it more.  Congrats to Miles Robinson and Benjamin Goffney, may you have a great season going forward.  I am Trojan fan that will be rooting for these 2 alumnus and the Shepherd Pirates.

Hello tigerheart, perhaps you are correct, there was a period in the early 2000's that were a lull of a team.  My godsister graduated in 2003 and I remember they lost that particular year.  Maybe they did lose consecutive years I do not recall us ever losing to Shepherd 2 straight years.  That seems unfathoable!! But tigerheart thanks for info that I was not aware of