Newton 49 Silsbee 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Everybody complained about our superintendent last week, but sure have seen people on here complaining about grass field conditions. Lol

Sorry for hijacking,  good luck Silsbee on rest of season.

Keep up man, East of the Trinity is sparkling. :)

1 hour ago, GATA! said:

(this was posted on Newton sports page on Facebook).....….....,.....,...,,....................On behalf of Newton Nation, we'd like to extend our gratitude to Silsbee ISD.  One of our truest Newton Eagle fans suffered a medical emergency last night, and the game was stopped.  All those on the field knelt to pray while emergency personnel helped with the emergency.  Some time after play resumed, Silsbee stopped the game again.  Someone from Silsbee prayed a beautiful prayer asking God for healing of the Newton fan.  Silsbee ISD, on behalf of Newton Nation, thank you for the love you showed to us.  It's much bigger than any numbers on a scoreboard.  #silsbeetigers #newtoneagles #onecommunity

That's what it's all about right there. Glad to hear the fan is stable also

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It hadn't rained all week. I walked out on the field. It was completely dry.

I have been on that field for the last several years. I know exactly what condition it's in. Very poor. The district knows as well and is very concerned. Just don't have the funds for it at this time.

Aggie, is it that the funds aren't there or it's not a priority with the administration and the school board. Because a million dollars never just shows up in your budget. But if it's important and determined to be a priority, then it can be done even with your current budget and without a bond. Lumberton is a prime example of that.  But in the end, it's sort of like having children. If you're waiting for the perfect time to have them, then you will never have children. 

10 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Aggie, is it that the funds aren't there or it's not a priority with the administration and the school board. Because a million dollars never just shows up in your budget. But if it's important and determined to be a priority, then it can be done even with your current budget and without a bond. Lumberton is a prime example of that.  But in the end, it's sort of like having children. If you're waiting for the perfect time to have them, then you will never have children. 

A little of both.

Got some folks not wanting Silsbee to spend any money on turf.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A little of both.

Got some folks not wanting Silsbee to spend any money on turf.

If those folks are either the superintendent or board members, then it's a waste of breath even talking about it. I was surprised when Silsbee paid for a track last year and didn't go ahead with the turf. The track is half the expense. 

1 minute ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

If those folks are either the superintendent or board members, then it's a waste of breath even talking about it. I was surprised when Silsbee paid for a track last year and didn't go ahead with the turf. The track is half the expense. 

One or two board members and some folks in community.

15 hours ago, Mustangs93 said:
7 hours ago, Gasilla said:

They should... I've been on that field many times over the last several years. It has never gotten any better. That WOS/Silsbee game back in 2009 literally ruined that field. It has never recovered.

That field has never been the same since the mud bowl...I think 2007 was the year

That Silsbee/WOS game did tear the field up, but it was the next game, Silsbee/BC, that the field has never recovered from.

After watching that questionable call in slow-mo over and over that some are saying was a int, "the call on the field stands" no way that was a int, almost but no cigar 

and there was not one set of hands on hips on the last newton score, both teams were in full speed playing football, I'm not a professional anymore but that's what I seen on both of thosequestionable plays after seeing some replays

8 hours ago, STiger85 said:

That Silsbee/WOS game did tear the field up, but it was the next game, Silsbee/BC, that the field has never recovered from.

Whichever one it was, it is bad... It doesn't look nearly as bad from the stands as it really is. I wonder how many of the Silsbee school board have actually been on the field and saw for themselves how bad it is. It's the worst I've seen.