Newton 49 Silsbee 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

Saw this posted

Thank you to everyone for praying for my dad and our family. He had a heart attack at the football game and his heart stopped for at least 20 minutes. Thanks to the quick action of our Eagle Family who started CPR immediately, the blood continued to flow. They've shocked him three times, intubated him to get him oxygen, and are now taking him to the cath lab. They say he's not stable enought transfer him to his regular doctor in Houston at this time. Please continue to pray without ceasing!

12 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Saw this posted

Thank you to everyone for praying for my dad and our family. He had a heart attack at the football game and his heart stopped for at least 20 minutes. Thanks to the quick action of our Eagle Family who started CPR immediately, the blood continued to flow. They've shocked him three times, intubated him to get him oxygen, and are now taking him to the cath lab. They say he's not stable enought transfer him to his regular doctor in Houston at this time. Please continue to pray without ceasing!

Will be in my prayers. 

The Tigers showed some improvement tonight. It's a shame they have to play on that surface.  I can't count the plays that had potential to be big plays or better plays tonight that were effected by the field.  Too many times a player tried to cut and the turf would just come up and down they would go.  

The run defense looked  better for the most part except for the misdirection plays. Gave up a few big runs on those.  The pass defense had a rough night. Some busted coverages gave up some big plays.

Offensively tonight we looked a little bett as well.  Line still needs some improvement but is getting there.  And we saw a more balanced attack.  The big problem tonight was too many dropped passes.  That is a must fix!

Great effort and never quit attitude.  That last Newton td was a result of thinking they were just going to kneel down but ran play instead and scored.  We have to watch for and be prepared for the unexpected.

Once again tonight I was not impressed by the officiating.  The "interception" that was called a pass completion was correct in that the rule is if they catch the ball simultaneously it goes to the offense but I sure appeared Bruce had the ball first and the receiver reached in and grabbed it a little later.  Also had a late hit penalty on the Newton sideline with a flag thrown on our sideline. Looked like I saw y'all throw your flags so I want to as well.

And glad to hear that Newton fan is doing ok.  Will definitely keep praying.  

5 hours ago, setxguru said:

Silsbee 5-5 at very best this season.  That is with two D-1 transfers. That will probably not happen every year. As someone stated earlier it is only two game in to the new regime, but I don't see this team beating WOS, Navasota, Bridge City, or Huffman. Silsbee currently has three players offered by D-1 schools. That is more than anyone in the area. This is what happens when a car dealership owner is half of the interview process! Come on man! Lol good luck tigers!

Please change your name !!! A Guru wouldn't have said this stupidity 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

The Tigers showed some improvement tonight. It's a shame they have to play on that surface.  I can't count the plays that had potential to be big plays or better plays tonight that were effected by the field.  Too many times a player tried to cut and the turf would just come up and down they would go.  

The run defense looked  better for the most part except for the misdirection plays. Gave up a few big runs on those.  The pass defense had a rough night. Some busted coverages gave up some big plays.

Offensively tonight we looked a little bett as well.  Line still needs some improvement but is getting there.  And we saw a more balanced attack.  The big problem tonight was too many dropped passes.  That is a must fix!

Great effort and never quit attitude.  That last Newton td was a result of thinking they were just going to kneel down but ran play instead and scored.  We have to watch for and be prepared for the unexpected.

Once again tonight I was not impressed by the officiating.  The "interception" that was called a pass completion was correct in that the rule is if they catch the ball simultaneously it goes to the offense but I sure appeared Bruce had the ball first and the receiver reached in and grabbed it a little later.  Also had a late hit penalty on the Newton sideline with a flag thrown on our sideline. Looked like I saw y'all throw your flags so I want to as well.

And glad to hear that Newton fan is doing ok.  Will definitely keep praying.  

the surfacewas terrible and it also looked like the mower used to cut it had a low tire

13 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Newton just got a gift from the refs. then TD next play SMH

Silsbee got a gift when Newton pulled up in the yeller dogs, and from all the comments it seems that the refs,field and coach kept the tigers from opening that 3A-D2 gift. Don't hang your heads and point fingers, Silsbee is good and getting better each week and it showed tonight, Newton was just better, and 5A PNG is no slouch, so the 0-2 start is not necessarily that bad. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season, Diboll up next!!

Tiger defensive line played better last night but the "big plays" hurt them a lot....hopefully that will get better with practice....Now to the offensive side of the ball....O line needs to block better,last night when they blocked and opened holes the offense clicked...missed assignments and not holding blocks needs work...way too many dropped passes,saw at least 3 potential touchdowns dropped....2 touchdowns called back for penalties.....saw in earlier comments that Silsbee is a spread offense,well the offense looked good with the new scheme when everything was blocked right....now to my personal opinion: I think the Tigers need to distribute the ball to more than 1 back and 1 wide receiver.....how can these other backs and receivers get in the flow of the game when they know if it's a run play called,it's going to Tyler...when a pass is called it's going to Barnes......you win as a team,lose as a team.....other players need to be involved......I also don't like the process of when a player makes a mistake you take him out of the game...if he is your starter,he's starting for a reason.....coach him up to do better next time....The Tigers will be ok by district time....I beleive in the Tigers,guess i'm just LOYAL....

3 minutes ago, GATA! said:

Silsbee got a gift when Newton pulled up in the yeller dogs, and from all the comments it seems that the refs,field and coach kept the tigers from opening that 3A-D2 gift. Don't hang your heads and point fingers, Silsbee is good and getting better each week and it showed tonight, Newton was just better, and 6A PNG is no slouch, so the 0-2 start is not necessarily that bad. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season, Diboll up next!!

PN-G is 5a...

8 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

Tiger defensive line played better last night but the "big plays" hurt them a lot....hopefully that will get better with practice....Now to the offensive side of the ball....O line needs to block better,last night when they blocked and opened holes the offense clicked...missed assignments and not holding blocks needs work...way too many dropped passes,saw at least 3 potential touchdowns dropped....2 touchdowns called back for penalties.....saw in earlier comments that Silsbee is a spread offense,well the offense looked good with the new scheme when everything was blocked right....now to my personal opinion: I think the Tigers need to distribute the ball to more than 1 back and 1 wide receiver.....how can these other backs and receivers get in the flow of the game when they know if it's a run play called,it's going to Tyler...when a pass is called it's going to Barnes......you win as a team,lose as a team.....other players need to be involved......I also don't like the process of when a player makes a mistake you take him out of the game...if he is your starter,he's starting for a reason.....coach him up to do better next time....The Tigers will be ok by district time....I beleive in the Tigers,guess i'm just LOYAL....

They threw to other receivers only when they went to the obvious double team on Barnes...  Newton caught the TD and was targeted a few times as well as other players.

But I would like to see Tyler and Thomas rotated out at RB, to give a change of tempo...  Let Adonis pound them for the rough yards and bring C in for the Home run hitter....  Just my opinion, I think somehow or another, they both need to be in the game, but I can see why.  That fullback be clearing baths....

Probably will have to wait till the offeason... More dirt for the dents and dips, better fertilizer for thicker grass, maybe even closing the retractable roof....  Honestly guys, come on... It's not that serious.  I've seen more horrible fields.  I've seen dirt fields with patches of grass.  Both teams have to play in it...  Geezz...

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Probably will have to wait till the offeason... More dirt for the dents and dips, better fertilizer for thicker grass, maybe even closing the retractable room....  Honestly guys, come on... It's not that serious.  I've seen more horrible fields.  I've seen dirt fields with patches of grass.  Both teams have to play in it...  Geezz...

The field surface is terrible. Been that way since 2009. An embarrassment for the school district and the nice facility.

They have tried everything imaginable to fix the problem. Only way to fix it is artificial turf.

From what I heard in press box, turf is coming. It has come to a point where the district is fearing an injury will occur and they certainly don't want that to happen. Last night, first home game and field conditions were bad. Not a good start.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The field surface is terrible. Been that way since 2009. An embarrassment for the school district and the nice facility.

They have tried everything imaginable to fix the problem. Only way to fix it is artificial turf.

From what I heard in press box, turf is coming. It has come to a point where the district is fearing an injury will occur and they certainly don't want that to happen. Last night, first home game and field conditions were bad. Not a good start.

I know about all this,  it I'm pretty sure that all grass fields in SETX are in the same shape if not worse...  And everyone have to play on it.  If you dint have turf in your budget, then you just don't... You have to make due.  If you have it like that, then by all means, get it asap.  

No the field isn't an excuse.  Like I said earlier I noticed it more on our end but that's because I was focused more on us. I did see Newton receivers fall a couple times. Once on what was a probable td. Yes both teams have to play on it and it's a shame that players can't make a cut without having any footing.  It doesn't effect the straight up the field runners as much as it does the quick slashing backs. This is only the second game I have seen Tyler play and he looks to have the ability to do both.  But almost every time last night that he had what looked like a good lane to turn upfield he lost his footing.