Newton 49 Silsbee 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just got home from the game...  

For the people that's arguing about the offense.  You need to get our and watch football more..  it's go good offense and its working.  Tyler had a big game tonight, and the QB Jones did good too.  But you can't do anything about the dropped passes.  I counted like 7, 4 were going to be scores (4 TD's) left on the field.  You're not going to beat good teams like that.  Defense did better.  They were hosed out of that interception (ref say it was a completion, BS) and they got a safety, and almost had another one (ref say it was in 1 yard line, more bs) .  

What I did see is that the kicker mad and extra point attempt, which is a good start in the right direction.  We need those freebys because going for 2 every time is for the birds.  

Overall, the o-line is playing better.  

Shout out to that Spikes kid from Newton.  He's a gamer and will win a lot of games for this group of Eagles.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just got home from the game...  

For the people that's arguing about the offense.  You need to get our and watch football more..  it's go good offense and its working.  Tyler had a big game tonight, and the QB Jones did good too.  But you can't do anything about the dropped passes.  I counted like 7, 4 were going to be scores (4 TD's) left on the field.  You're not going to beat good teams like that.  Defense did better.  They were hosed out of that interception (ref say it was a completion, BS) and they got a safety, and almost had another one (ref say it was in 1 yard line, more bs) .  

What I did see is that the kicker mad and extra point attempt, which is a good start in the right direction.  We need those freebys because going for 2 every time is for the birds.  

Overall, the o-line is playing better.  

Shout out to that Spikes kid from Newton.  He's a gamer and will win a lot of games for this group of Eagles.

The Int was kinda a "tie goes to the runner"type deal I guess

5 minutes ago, GATA! said:

The Int was kinda a "tie goes to the runner"type deal I guess

horse manure.   Inside position and the ball.

Wasnt the game though.

I like what the defensive line did tonight.  Cant remember the last time I saw SIlsbee with 5 Down lineman.  Played well.  

McCain made his presence known and they made adjustments, after that Hageon and the D-Line pretty much controlled the run game.  A few Big Plays that resulted in touchdowns but both were superb plays and one had a devastating block on a LB to free the RB.  Hats off.  Football as it should be.

Forced Newton to throw and then the secondary layer of defense was torched.  Too many missed assignments but I expect Coach Allen to address it. 

Linebacker education coming next.

This offense is sneaky close to being .... what are the words?  Clock eating machine.

WAY BETTER on controlling game, just didnt finish drives.  In my opinion, WR core needs to block better on perimeter to help free up Tyler, and run ALL routes.  Meaning, sell it like you getting the ball everytime.

No team can outplay 8 in the box if you cant throw and catch.  Hats off to the RBs.  Taking a beating.

Disclaimer:

I am no coach.  I'll sleep on the rest.    

I was really impressed at Silsbee faithful and Newton faithful for all the prayers going up when Newton spectator probably had heart attack or something like that. I know they were doing CPR on him. Really applaud everyone at game for prayers. Sometimes the game goes out the window.JMO

9 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

I was really impressed at Silsbee faithful and Newton faithful for all the prayers going up when Newton spectator probably had heart attack or something like that. I know they were doing CPR on him. Really applaud everyone at game for prayers. Sometimes the game goes out the window.JMO

I hope that he's ok as well.  I hope someone gives us an update on how he's doing...

Speaking of faithful fans, I wasn't too happy with the negativity that I've witnessed. Talking crap about a coach that's barely coached 2 games is ridiculous.  Leaving in the third quarter in a 2 score game...  Not chanting the defense chant when your players are signaling for your to get loud on 3rd and long...just a few things that urked my nerves....

Silsbee 5-5 at very best this season.  That is with two D-1 transfers. That will probably not happen every year. As someone stated earlier it is only two game in to the new regime, but I don't see this team beating WOS, Navasota, Bridge City, or Huffman. Silsbee currently has three players offered by D-1 schools. That is more than anyone in the area. This is what happens when a car dealership owner is half of the interview process! Come on man! Lol good luck tigers!

10 minutes ago, setxguru said:

Silsbee 5-5 at very best this season.  That is with two D-1 transfers. That will probably not happen every year. As someone stated earlier it is only two game in to the new regime, but I don't see this team beating WOS, Navasota, Bridge City, or Huffman. Silsbee currently has three players offered by D-1 schools. That is more than anyone in the area. This is what happens when a car dealership owner is half of the interview process! Come on man! Lol good luck tigers!

Nope.