Newton 49 Silsbee 33/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My point being, the field surface affected both teams last night. And on a dry night, that should never, ever come into play.

Again, embarrassing.

It's not embarrassing.  You cannot control mother nature.  It rained, rained, rained...  As it does sometimes in SETX.  Other teams that live here understand.  the only ones that recently made a stink about it was the Jackarse Superintendent from The Ant Mound...

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's not embarrassing.  You cannot control mother nature.  It rained, rained, rained...  As it does sometimes in SETX.  Other teams that live here understand.  the only ones that recently made a stink about it was the Jackarse Superintendent from The Ant Mound...

It hadn't rained all week. I walked out on the field. It was completely dry.

I have been on that field for the last several years. I know exactly what condition it's in. Very poor. The district knows as well and is very concerned. Just don't have the funds for it at this time.

The point is the field does need to be address before any teams players get hurt that field has been a problem for over 5 yrs if one of newton players would have gotten seriously hurt the they would have complained about our field or if they would have slipped on it and it cost them the game so yes it doesneed to be addressed 

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

No the field isn't an excuse.  Like I said earlier I noticed it more on our end but that's because I was focused more on us. I did see Newton receivers fall a couple times. Once on what was a probable td. Yes both teams have to play on it and it's a shame that players can't make a cut without having any footing.  It doesn't effect the straight up the field runners as much as it does the quick slashing backs. This is only the second game I have seen Tyler play and he looks to have the ability to do both.  But almost every time last night that he had what looked like a good lane to turn upfield he lost his footing.

Well, you make adjustment...  Give Tyler the ball on the better parts of the field and let Thomas run the ball more a he's the straight forward power back... 

We complain about the field but can you imagine how it would've been had it rained?  You couldn't do ANY cuts, just straight line plays...

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It hadn't rained all week. I walked out on the field. It was completely dry.

I have been on that field for the last several years. I know exactly what condition it's in. Very poor. The district knows as well and is very concerned. Just don't have the funds for it at this time.

Everything I've said, I know as well and I've walked it too all summer up until last night to be exact.  But I'm just saying, I've seen worse fields in SETX, and I'm sure you have as well.  I understand that its embarrassing to you being that you've been around Silsbee athletics longer than I have, but right about now, all grass fields are affected... You play with the cards you are dealt.  

Like I said, if you can get turf, get it.  If not, bow up and keep trucking....

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, you make adjustment...  Give Tyler the ball on the better parts of the field and let Thomas run the ball more a he's the straight forward power back... 

We complain about the field but can you imagine how it would've been had it rained?  You couldn't do ANY cuts, just straight line plays...

Rain is a variable you can't control a dry surface in that bad shape is controllable.

7 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

The point is the field does need to be address before any teams players get hurt that field has been a problem for over 5 yrs if one of newton players would have gotten seriously hurt the they would have complained about our field or if they would have slipped on it and it cost them the game so yes it doesneed to be addressed 

Over the last 5 years, I remember may be 1 serious injury on that field and I don't even think it was due to the field conditions.  If there's been injuries due to this over the last 5 years, please remind me because I don't remember...

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At this point I am not sure how much Adonis is going to be used on offense.  I know what ability he has but he is playing a big part on defense and it appears that they are trying to limit using players both ways. Now I know more is coming just have to wait and see how much.

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

2 more home games in a row so let's hope for minimum rain!

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Rain is a variable you can't control a dry surface in that bad shape is controllable.

Lots of rain did ultimately cause the bad conditions.  And like AAW said, everything possibly imaginable as done and still nothing.  I'm sure others wig grass fields did what Silsbee did and also don't have the funds to lay turf....

2 minutes ago, ST413 said:

At this point I am not sure how much Adonis is going to be used on offense.  I know what ability he has but he is playing a big part on defense and it appears that they are trying to limit using players ways. Now I know more is coming just have to wait and see how much.

I know what you mean,  but he is still #2 on the depth chart.  And Tyler does play on defense sometimes as well... You have horses, ride them!  That kid had almost 1,500 yards last year.  If you need that horse, he's there at your disposal...

I'm not saying we win or lose because of the field conditions but it keeps getting torn up we had to move a scrimmage because of it plus a beautiful stadium with a terrible field that stadium use to host playoff games not anymore everyone wants to play on turf maybe also bring in extra $$$$ for the district if they bring in turf and get some playoffs games

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Changing the subject:

Newton

rushing   35/216 yards

passing  9-11, 260 yards

total       46 plays, 476 yards

Silsbee

rushing    40/151 yards

passing    12-25, 210 yards

total           65 plays, 361 yards

Pretty good numbers and they'll get better when their in the heart of the district.  The defense did considerably well against the run,  it you can't slow teams to kill you with the weaker part of their game.  As this young secondary gains experience, they'll be ok...

6 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I'm not saying we win or lose because of the field conditions but it keeps getting torn up we had to move a scrimmage because of it plus a beautiful stadium with a terrible field that stadium use to host playoff games not anymore everyone wants to play on turf maybe also bring in extra $$$$ for the district if they bring in turf and get some playoffs games

I agree,  it if it's not in the budget....  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Every school district needs turf fields around here, totally different climate out here than any area of the state. Everyone will eventually get it, gotta get the $$$  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Probably will have to wait till the offeason... More dirt for the dents and dips, better fertilizer for thicker grass, maybe even closing the retractable roof....  Honestly guys, come on... It's not that serious.  I've seen more horrible fields.  I've seen dirt fields with patches of grass.  Both teams have to play in it...  Geezz...

Yep, you're in the "back in my day" club now lol

(this was posted on Newton sports page on Facebook).....….....,.....,...,,....................On behalf of Newton Nation, we'd like to extend our gratitude to Silsbee ISD.  One of our truest Newton Eagle fans suffered a medical emergency last night, and the game was stopped.  All those on the field knelt to pray while emergency personnel helped with the emergency.  Some time after play resumed, Silsbee stopped the game again.  Someone from Silsbee prayed a beautiful prayer asking God for healing of the Newton fan.  Silsbee ISD, on behalf of Newton Nation, thank you for the love you showed to us.  It's much bigger than any numbers on a scoreboard.  #silsbeetigers #newtoneagles #onecommunity