Goose Creek Memorial vs. Baytown Lee/Post scrimmage comments here!

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, GCMPats said:

rel played like it was a playoff game. They are scrappy,  but short handed.

GCM looked sloppy at times,  but never turned Herman loose. He did break a few ankles. Colon is a solid load at RB too.

It was at lleast bearable weather with a nice breeze. 

About what you would expect for a first scrimmage. The O line was porous at times but had some good series too. Herman seems to be throwing the ball better, if they can get the passing  game tuned in it will keep defenses honest. The defense looked solid for the most part especially considering that they are not schemed to stop the slot t or whatever Lee's offense is. They won't see that again this year. Next week's game against PAM should give us a better idea of where we stand since they are probably a lot closer to what GCM will be seeing in district this year.

I went to the scrimmage. I also went to the Sterling scrimmage versus Ozen. Believe it of not Lee looked the most physical out of all 3 Baytown Teams. Lee is running the Slot T this year and moved the ball up and down the field. Watch out Sterling my vote is that Lee will win that 50th anniversary game that's been hyped up.

6 hours ago, puddleofmudd said:

I went to the scrimmage. I also went to the Sterling scrimmage versus Ozen. Believe it of not Lee looked the most physical out of all 3 Baytown Teams. Lee is running the Slot T this year and moved the ball up and down the field. Watch out Sterling my vote is that Lee will win that 50th anniversary game that's been hyped up.

That's a bold prediction to make after just one scrimmage. I'd like to see Lee pull it off but I don't think it's going to happen. It's too bad the schools can't fight for a city championship. I know " The Game"  is the traditional rivalry but, if Lee can't turn things around, the GCM Sterling matchup will be "The Real Game" and Lee Sterling will become "That ol has been game."

7 hours ago, puddleofmudd said:

Lee hardly moved the ball up and down the field. They played with emotion, but it was a scrimmage. 

You're not beating RSS. Sorry.