Obama, One of The Greatest Presidents

BLUEDOVE3

3 hours ago, baddog said:

1400 people perished (all can't be saved however) due to no advanced notice to evacuate. And for those with no means to leave, there were hundreds of school buses submerged when choppers flew over surveying the damage. Way to go brownie mayor.

Seems we have covered this ground before. 

Nagin is the worst of lows.  Not only was he incompetent, he also decided to turn their horrific tragedies into his personal gain.  I am somewhat surprised he was ever brought to justice considering the State he presided over and its long history of corruption.  But thank goodness he was.  

4 hours ago, baddog said:

1400 people perished (all can't be saved however) due to no advanced notice to evacuate. And for those with no means to leave, there were hundreds of school buses submerged when choppers flew over surveying the damage. Way to go brownie mayor.

Seems we have covered this ground before. 

Yeah I like the fact that a teenager outsmarted everyone, grabbed a bus and headed to the astrodome

Jabbar Gibson is now in jail

51 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Yeah I like the fact that a teenager outsmarted everyone, grabbed a bus and headed to the astrodome

Jabbar Gibson is now in jail

Not sure what that had to do with why so many died. Are you suggesting that Gibson should have had immunity to the coacine and heroin trafficking charges because he saved some people for Katrina?

Some of the scumbags that were relocated at the Astrodome should have been left behind to drown. The world would be a much better place.

Thoughts on Nagin?

38 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Nagin

Nagin was and is just what you suggested. However, the president is not responsible for evacuations. You should get all your info from the Weather Channel, local news stations, your mayor and governor. The last two failed miserably at leadership during a catastrophe. I know you want so hard to blame this on Bush, but Nagin was responsible for the deaths during Katrina, and the governor. The federal government comes in after the storm to supply housing, medical assistance, and basic supplies such as water and ice. Bush did his part, where is Obama? I know, you won't question the chosen one. It wouldn't fit.

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

Nagin was and is just what you suggested. However, the president is not responsible for evacuations. You should get all your info from the Weather Channel, local news stations, your mayor and governor. The last two failed miserably at leadership during a catastrophe. I know you want so hard to blame this on Bush, but Nagin was responsible for the deaths during Katrina, and the governor. The federal government comes in after the storm to supply housing, medical assistance, and basic supplies such as water and ice. Bush did his part, where is Obama? I know, you won't question the chosen one. It wouldn't fit.

As Mr. Huckabee alluded, perhaps Bush looked so bad during Katrina because the country had become accustomed to his predeceassor's leadership and hands-on decisiveness.  No pun intended.  

And I don't think our current president has handled this situation well either for what it's worth. 

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

As Mr. Huckabee alluded, perhaps Bush looked so bad during Katrina because the country had become accustomed to his predeceassor's leadership and hands-on decisiveness.  No pun intended.  

And I don't think our current president has handled this situation well either for what it's worth. 

Please help me in my old age- What natural disasters did Mr. Clinton oversee with hands on decisiveness during his Presidency.  I honestly don't recall any but I don't trust my memory.

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Please help me in my old age- What natural disasters did Mr. Clinton oversee with hands on decisiveness during his Presidency.  I honestly don't recall any but I don't trust my memory.

Several hurricanes during his administration - North Carolina alone was hit several more while he was in the White House.  California wildfires.  Tornadoes ravaging the Tornado Alley of his youth.  I seem to recall him at those in particular, on site, talking with victims.

Perhaps even more telling was his assistance (and actual presence) in the aftermath of Ike (obviously after his presidency).  He and Bush 1 actually came to our area to help and were instrumental in raising money after the devastation.  Both because they wanted to help people hurting.  

I can only presume it was his leadership during these times to which the Republican Mike Huckabee was referring ;)

20 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Several hurricanes during his administration - North Carolina alone was hit several more while he was in the White House.  California wildfires.  Tornadoes ravaging the Tornado Alley of his youth.  I seem to recall him at those in particular, on site, talking with victims.

Perhaps even more telling was his assistance (and actual presence) in the aftermath of Ike (obviously after his presidency).  He and Bush 1 actually came to our area to help and were instrumental in raising money after the devastation.  Both because they wanted to help people hurting.  

I can only presume it was his leadership during these times to which the Republican Mike Huckabee was referring ;)

Gotcha-  But I have to tell you, I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that Mr. Clinton could have dealt with 911 any more effectively than Mr. Bush did.  I felt it was outstanding. ( I will submit to you that while "both because they wanted to help people hurting" is certainly an honorable intent, physical presence is not a prerequisite.  I don't cry at funerals, but it reflects ZERO in regard to my sentiments and/or sense of loss.  I had a very close friend who lost a child and we had visitation at their home one night.  Most everyone was at their home doing their best to act and say the right thing.  I was parking their cars as they were dropped off at the home and feel my contribution was every bit as meaningful as words being expressed via sorrowful appearances although to many, it sure didnt look like I "cared".

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Gotcha-  But I have to tell you, I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that Mr. Clinton could have dealt with 911 any more effectively than Mr. Bush did.  I felt it was outstanding. ( I will submit to you that while "both because they wanted to help people hurting" is certainly an honorable intent, physical presence is not a prerequisite.  I don't cry at funerals, but it reflects ZERO in regard to my sentiments and/or sense of loss.  I had a very close friend who lost a child and we had visitation at their home one night.  Most everyone was at their home doing their best to act and say the right thing.  I was parking their cars as they were dropped off at the home and feel my contribution was every bit as meaningful as words being expressed via sorrowful appearances although to many, it sure didnt look like I "cared".

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe you believe that.  And it's not Bush's fault.  He was just not capable of being as effective as Clinton.  We are all limited by our own limitations.  

But I am by no means saying Bush did not perform admirably in his response to New Yorkers in its aftermath.   And while I agree that one's presence is not a prerequisite, I think being present can be very helpful in subsequent decision-making.  And very often, it means a lot to the ones you are trying to help.  

In point of fact, Bush's very presence at ground zero helped energize this Country's response to one of its greatest tragedies.  And although I have been very critical of him, I will say the strike he threw  at Yankee Stadium was maybe the most impressive ceremonial first pitches I have ever seen. 

13 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe you believe that.  And it's not Bush's fault.  He was just not capable of being as effective as Clinton.  We are all limited by our own limitations.  

But I am by no means saying Bush did not perform admirably in his response to New Yorkers in its aftermath.   And while I agree that one's presence is not a prerequisite, I think being present can be very helpful in subsequent decision-making.  And very often, it means a lot to the ones you are trying to help.  

In point of fact, Bush's very presence at ground zero helped energize this Country's response to one of its greatest tragedies.  And although I have been very critical of him, I will say the strike he threw  at Yankee Stadium was maybe the most impressive ceremonial first pitches I have ever seen. 

My guess is that you believe Presidential efficacy is more likely if the efficacy was an Oxford by product as opposed to a Lamar by product.  If that is the case, we can just simply agree to disagree.  My life experiences haven't validated that theory to me, hence I don't subscribe to it even though I will be the first to admit that I am not a particularly worldly individual.

Perhaps if it had happened in a location that was predominantly black, he might have came, or at least addressed the problem.  I hope their Democratic Gov is doing something.  I know the Dem (or should I say Dim) Mayor didn't when the Hurricane hit.  Or, if the rioters in Milwaukee had been white militia, I'm confident there would have been a response.  Force them into some tinderbox structures and use the Waco Solution.   

53 minutes ago, stevenash said:

My guess is that you believe Presidential efficacy is more likely if the efficacy was an Oxford by product as opposed to a Lamar by product.  If that is the case, we can just simply agree to disagree.  My life experiences haven't validated that theory to me, hence I don't subscribe to it even though I will be the first to admit that I am not a particularly worldly individual.

Me either, funny how so many still think Bill was the most capable to handle any situation, yet his inaction and cowardice led to 9-11.

11 hours ago, stevenash said:

Oxford?  Oh that other Ivy League school.  Not familiar with their academics, but most of our Texas college teams would crush them in football.

Actually, they wanted me to go to Oxford, but I already had a job sacking groceries, which is much better than sweeping the floor at some obscure University :) 

PS, I'm not looking up the definition of efficacy.  I'd forget it 15 minutes later.