VYPE preview for PAM????

pakronos

Soulja if you think Memorial being cocky let me remind you your Jags got beatdowns the last 2 yrs in the old 5A before realignment came in 2002, yall were cocky as well coming into that 4A district and rightfully so because yall had a very talented squad for a 5A team dropping to 4A and a new coach, you forget I roamed around BMT during that timeframe, those boys were saying the samething about wanting to dominate the lower comp. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Soulja if you think Memorial being cocky let me remind you your Jags got beatdowns the last 2 yrs in the old 5A before realignment came in 2002, yall were cocky as well coming into that 4A district and rightfully so because yall had a very talented squad for a 5A team dropping to 4A and a new coach, you forget I roamed around BMT during that timeframe, those boys were saying the samething about wanting to dominate the lower comp. 

...and they did...  Well, they didn't go undefeated, but made the playoffs 2nd seed.

7 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I understand the frustration with the offense...20.5 points a game won't net you many wins.

But you know what will also net you a lot of losses?  A defense that gives up 32 points/game.

There is some work that needs to be done on both sides of the ball.

Gonna be a little bit different playing the teams they're about to play as opposed to George Ranch, North Shore, La Porte, Westbook, Channelview, etc. Anyone that thinks PA isn't about to run away with this district is kidding themselves.

40 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Gonna be a little bit different playing the teams they're about to play as opposed to George Ranch, North Shore, La Porte, Westbook, Channelview, etc. Anyone that thinks PA isn't about to run away with this district is kidding themselves.

The way the schedule looks its set-up for them to go 10-0, it sets up way too perfectly. Will they go 10-0? I dont think so, they will have a few close games in district play and quite possibly right out the gate with Bay High. Right now as of today I say 9-1 with one slip up in district, might change to 10-0 once I see how Lee's version of the slot-T looks, I have us losing to Vidor so that's the reasoning behind it. If our defense is fixed and OL better and coaching as a whole is on point then its a wrap for anyone we play, if one of those 3 things are out of wack it could be the difference between a 10-0 record or a 7-3 record struggling to get a 3rd or 4th place finish. 

I know after the last two seasons I may have said some rough things about Kenny Ray but everyone needs a fresh start so with that my apologies, I know he reads this board so thats that, but the jokes are funny yet very real. Im ready for the new season and the kids are too. Hopefully its a special season, but I will say this: another 3-7 season and someone will be looking for another job, may not be him, maybe a coordinator, who knows, but changes will come. 3-7 doesn't sit well with Titan Nation with the talent we have. Here's to a great season! *toast*  Lets go Titans, Road to Arlington has started. 

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Them boys from PA said two things that just put a target on their back.  They said they look forward to dominating in the lower classification.  Almost like their dissing the lower class, well, based on body language and tone...

Also, they dismissed Central and Ozen (because they are used to them ) and want Nederland.  Disrespectful to Central and Ozen.  

I don't think they respect any of y'all in that district to be honest. They used the word "dominate" multiple times. That tells me a lot about how they're going through the offseason. I think expecting to dominate is a positive thing, not a lot of players/teams would have the stones to say that. The PAM kids seems like they could care less about having a target on their backs for comments of bravado. A lot of swagger and arrogance in their tone . . . I wonder where I've heard that before?

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

That's my opinion too. On an off night I think Central could get them strictly due to matchup advantages they won't have, but I don't think anybody else in that district has a realistic shot at beating them if both teams play well. Nederland and PNG are child's play compared to being on the field with the team you named.

12 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I honestly don't know the answer to this question, but how did LCM do when they dropped down a classification?  Did their # of wins per season go up significantly or even at all?

12 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I have heard that many times when a team drops.  Most of the time it doesn't work out the way they thought.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's my opinion too. On an off night I think Central could get them strictly due to matchup advantages they won't have, but I don't think anybody else in that district has a realistic shot at beating them if both teams play well. Nederland and PNG are child's play compared to being on the field with the team you named.

Arrogance usually backfires, (you would know) :) every team in the district is gunning for PAM more than ever after those comments.  They wont get through district unscathed. 

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I honestly don't know the answer to this question, but how did LCM do when they dropped down a classification?  Did their # of wins per season go up significantly or even at all?

LCM aint Memorial, you need a better comparison. 

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Arrogance usually backfires, (you would know) :) every team in the district is gunning for PAM more than ever after those comments.  They wont get through district unscathed. 

Nothing different than 21-6A, we're used to it, thats what alot of yall dont understand. Gun all you want, its probably gonna be a different story when you (specifically Ned) steps on that turf September 30th. Target for district championship is on yall back, not ours. Bring it. 

3 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I've said this before but you're not winning jack crap in any classification in east Texas or southeast Texas with all white boys...sorry it's not happening 

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

I have heard that many times when a team drops.  Most of the time it doesn't work out the way they thought.

What in the hell are you smoking???? So you mean to tell me that throughout the history of Texas high school football, in general, teams don't benefit from a drop in classification?? You're out of your mind!

9 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

What in the hell are you smoking???? So you mean to tell me that throughout the history of Texas high school football, in general, teams don't benefit from a drop in classification?? You're out of your mind!

He'll see September 30th, on full display out there on the field, not a message board. 

20 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I wasn't talking about all the history of Texas football.   I was talking about mainly this area that this board covers. Catch up to the class.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I've said this before but you're not winning jack crap in any classification in east Texas or southeast Texas with all white boys...sorry it's not happening 

There probably aren't many teams around here that are all white, you might need to look around a little.  Also, keep race out of this.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

What? Where the heck did that come from? I asked a simple question and LCM17 answered it. LCM's winning percentage decreased when they dropped down. And yes I realize lcm and pam are different. But they are a local team that should have benefited from the drop, and it didn't happen. That's all.  I think uncle pig might be the one smoking.  

6 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

What? Where the heck did that come from? I asked a simple question and LCM17 answered it. LCM's winning percentage decreased when they dropped down. And yes I realize lcm and pam are different. But they are a local team that should have benefited from the drop, and it didn't happen. That's all.  I think uncle pig might be the one smoking.  

Benefited from the drop how? Better comparison is WOS dropping, not LCM, athlete for athlete WOS is on par, not LCM. 

6 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Only team in Port Arthur that gave LCM any trouble was Lincoln. Port Arthur is a larger community and has more athletes. I really thought we played better in our old  district.