BISD scared to play at PN-G?

10 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Hold on! Hold on.  This topic is not an invitation for general pot shots at the district.  Please keep the criticisms to the topic at hand.

okay then i will be more direct.  what do you expect, this is a typical BISD tactic. cause problems then point the finger at others. how many times have you seen this same type situation happen over the past years at BISD.  is that better?

56 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's funny.  The article also states that athletes and coaches being treated fairly is a concern as well, which could be what sparked these incidents... Why isn't this being questioned?  I'm willing to bet that the Central coaches would tell you....

So a bad call is what this is all about. Central was never going to win that game anyway. I think heads were hot already and a call that a coach didnt agree with set him off. Doesnt matter the smack talk on the field, or bad calls, you should handle it a little better

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I disagree with our board president's idea to move games to a neutral site.  Teams including bisd and PN-G teams live for home field advantage.  As one person previously stated, it's a great thing just to think... you beat them at the Reservation, you get to see them all disappointed and sad.  Also, both of these stadiums are tops in SETX.  Having to change local venues for something like this makes no sense.  Imo, Soccer isn't really that big at Central, so the circumstances of a scuffle at a soccer match shouldn't cause a trickle down effect for football games in Friday night.  The games between Central/PN-G has been very competitive, no matter what stadium it's played in.  Please, Frossard (sp)/Caveness, meet a mutual agreement and keep it the same and keep these classical games at The Rez or Da Butch....  

Well said Soulja...

As a Jaguar faithful, season ticket holder, graduate and kids in the program, I don't agree with the higher ups on this one.  I enjoy the trips over to the Reservation.  2 of the last 3 games with the Indians have went to OT and despite being a 2 TD loss, was pretty close for the most part last year.  I enjoy our home games at the Butch but enjoy all the road games just as much.  Taking away home field for any school is not what Friday nights are about.

And this would cost BISD more money, money we don't have.  I personally don't think this is going anywhere.  See you all at the Reservation October 21st, which will decide who gets the #1 seed and who gets the #2 seed in D2...

26 minutes ago, NDNation said:

So a bad call is what this is all about. Central was never going to win that game anyway. I think heads were hot already and a call that a coach didnt agree with set him off. Doesnt matter the smack talk on the field, or bad calls, you should handle it a little better

I agree.  Central wouldn't win that game even if it was played 20 times.

And you should control yourself better.  That's why in against this that BISD is proposing...  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Please, Frossard (sp)/Caveness, meet a mutual agreement and keep it the same and keep these classical games at The Rez or Da Butch....  

I don't really think they need a mutual agreement about anything.  I bet Cavness will tell him to get f*%#*d and the UIL will agree if it comes down to it.  There is no reason to move any games unless players or fans are in immediate danger by traveling to a certain city.  

This is the most stupid thing I've read on this board in a while. What does soccer have to do with Football, give me a freakin break. I sit with Beaumont fans all the time, talk to some 2 to 3 times a week once football starts. This is rediculous,  someone give the Beaumont school district  some chuc chuc passifiers to suck on. Unbelievable

I only ask this as Simmon's quote was referenced again in the article that Mack just posted:

Aside from the red card and ejection of the Central soccer coach this year, is anybody able to educate the rest of us on the "various issues" that "several" of the BISD sports teams have endured in their visits to PN-G?

This is a sincere inquiry so any posts other than those that try to give a sincere answer to the question hopefully will be avoided.

There was an altercation between the soccer teams when they played at Central. I don't think that was this season. Other than that, I can't think of anything. I don't remember any problems with Ozen.

BTW, West Brook had been at the Reservation recently for 7 on 7.  Several times I believe.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The more I think about it this seems like a Central vs Png thing more than BISD vs Png thing. 

While I think you are right about that, Simmons didn't specify just Central.  This (to me, anyway) implies that other schools in the district have encountered problems, both having to do with player safety as well as "young people on both sides being treated fairly" as Frossard put it, when they traveled to Port Neches.

1 minute ago, WOSgrad said:

While I think you are right about that, Simmons didn't specify just Central.  This (to me, anyway) implies that other schools in the district have encountered problems, both having to do with player safety as well as "young people on both sides being treated fairly" as Frossard put it, when they traveled to Port Neches.

Other than the goofy looking mascot dancing around and the stuff they pulled with seating  a few years ago nothing that I am aware of.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

That's the thing: I have never heard of an incident in Port Neches involving Ozen or West Brook.

Well, there was a couple of hecklers at a bball game there when Kendrick Perkins was in school, but that was handled at the half though, and they had those at every road game cause they were #1. 

This is as comical as it is just plain stupid. There have been a couple of incidents between Central and PNG through the years. Those incidents have nothing to do with the schools there fans and 99.99% of the players. The coaches that were involved were few. This is a ridiculus as it gets. PNG and Central have had some of the most awe inspiring games in recent history in all of SETX football. I read today the Mr Cavanass said heck no to moving the games. He stated that PNG home games is an event at the Reservation. It also means 2 away games for PNG as they play two Beaumont schools each season. So theoretically we could be down to 2 or 3 home games in some season. Id fight that all the way to the bank. Now on to a serious note if I were a Central fan and this  happened Id be mad as well.........

19 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

This is as comical as it is just plain stupid. There have been a couple of incidents between Central and PNG through the years. Those incidents have nothing to do with the schools there fans and 99.99% of the players. The coaches that were involved were few. This is a ridiculus as it gets. PNG and Central have had some of the most awe inspiring games in recent history in all of SETX football. I read today the Mr Cavanass said heck no to moving the games. He stated that PNG home games is an event at the Reservation. It also means 2 away games for PNG as they play two Beaumont schools each season. So theoretically we could be down to 2 or 3 home games in some season. Id fight that all the way to the bank. Now on to a serious note if I were a Central fan and this  happened Id be mad as well.........

This damn tea!