Politifcal Experience

stevenash

Big Girl, you keep on touting Hillary as the right candidate for President due to her "experience" and you have used the analogy that when you have heart surgery, you don't want a dermatologist, but rather a heart surgeon to do the work.

Along those same lines, I will ask you a related question.  Dr. Jeremy Siegel is the head of the Prestigious Wharton School of Business and speaks on television daily about the financial markets.  If you were starting a new technology business, would you rather have Mr. Siegel run it or a couple of college dropouts named Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

Big Girl, you keep on touting Hillary as the right candidate for President due to her "experience" and you have used the analogy that when you have heart surgery, you don't want a dermatologist, but rather a heart surgeon to do the work.

Along those same lines, I will ask you a related question.  Dr. Jeremy Siegel is the head of the Prestigious Wharton School of Business and speaks on television daily about the financial markets.  If you were starting a new technology business, would you rather have Mr. Siegel run it or a couple of college dropouts named Bill Gates and Steve Jobs?

Why didn't you use Donald trump for an example

33 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Why didn't you use Donald trump for an example

You are unable to figure that out?  Mr. Trump is an accomplished businessman .  Mrs. Clinton has zero business experience.  All of her experience comes from collecting and spending taxes and foundation contributions

On 6/16/2016 at 2:41 PM, stevenash said:

You are unable to figure that out?  Mr. Trump is an accomplished businessman .  Mrs. Clinton has zero business experience.  All of her experience comes from collecting and spending taxes and foundation contributions

You guys were not on the trump bandwagon when this process started. Most jumped on it when they saw he would win. Mr cruz and Mr Rubio seemed to be the favorites back them. Trump won by attacking his opponents personally and being racist against minorities, which appeals to the Republican base.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

You guys were not on the trump bandwagon when this process started. Most jumped on it when they saw he would win. Mr cruz and Mr Rubio seemed to be the favorites back them. Trump won by attacking his opponents personally and being racist against minorities, which appeals to the Republican base.

Which part appeals to the "Republican Base"? 

I would caution to lumping everyone together under that mantel, because NO party can claim to be innocent of either. 

Everyone is a racist these days it seems.  Especially if there is a disagreement between moral and cultural ideals.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

I suspect my definition of racism and yours differs substantially.   As an example, every time someone disagrees with Mr. Obama, you and your crew start crying racism.  I understand the problems that exist when it comes to race relations but many of you have gone too far when it comes to those accusations.  An example of that is that so many push the agenda that white cops are now generally regarded as bad guys and they are actively seeking to harm black people.  That is such a crock and I don't mind expressing myself when it comes to that.  Of course, your crowd immediately identifies that  response as racism as well.  Just as an aside, I have several mixed marriages within my family and my immediate supervisor for 8 recent years was an African American with whom I got along quite well.  So I hope you can understand how I am offended every time someone launches the "race" grenade.  Some shrink/back off when it gets lobbed at them but it happens to embolden me because I know where I stand on this issue far better than any of the "lobbers"

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I suspect my definition of racism and yours differs substantially.   As an example, every time someone disagrees with Mr. Obama, you and your crew start crying racism.  I understand the problems that exist when it comes to race relations but many of you have gone too far when it comes to those accusations.  An example of that is that so many push the agenda that white cops are now generally regarded as bad guys and they are actively seeking to harm black people.  That is such a crock and I don't mind expressing myself when it comes to that.  Of course, your crowd immediately identifies that  response as racism as well.  Just as an aside, I have several mixed marriages within my family and my immediate supervisor for 8 recent years was an African American with whom I got along quite well.  So I hope you can understand how I am offended every time someone launches the "race" grenade.  Some shrink/back off when it gets lobbed at them but it happens to embolden me because I know where I stand on this issue far better than any of the "lobbers"

Nash,  though I applaud the attempt to back up your beliefs with this statement, it is the exact response most want.

Don't explain yourself, don't try and justify beliefs with words.  Actions towards your fellow man & woman are the only

constant and even those are held in contempt most days.

Hence the carpet bombing of cops, servicemen & women, republicans, etc... due to individual acts of racism.

Key word,  "Individual".  To which there are roughly 360 million in America.

Again, appreciate the effort but some groups will not be swayed from their ideology.

37 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Nash,  though I applaud the attempt to back up your beliefs with this statement, it is the exact response most want.

Don't explain yourself, don't try and justify beliefs with words.  Actions towards your fellow man & woman are the only

constant and even those are held in contempt most days.

Hence the carpet bombing of cops, servicemen & women, republicans, etc... due to individual acts of racism.

Key word,  "Individual".  To which there are roughly 360 million in America.

Again, appreciate the effort but some groups will not be swayed from their ideology.

Good point.  However, I neither care if they are swayed nor do I care if they approve/disapprove.  I would make one small addition to your comments. " Individual acts of racism committed by people of various ethnicity.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Good point.  However, I neither care if they are swayed nor do I care if they approve/disapprove.  I would make one small addition to your comments. " Individual acts of racism committed by people of various ethnicity.

I could but then that might give someone an opening to label it "White" Racism, "Black" Racism, "Jewish" Racism, etc...

If your a racist, it doesn't matter.  I've met people who hate within their own race. 

Racism is Racism.   It has always been here and always will be in some form.  Sadly.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

What did people talk about on this board before Mr Obama became president, because im sure there were no complaints about the government, taxes, price of gas, healthcare, cost of war.

3 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I understand that, but what was talked about before obama(clinton)

I know, just wanted to get a jab in at Obama.

I wasn't on this board before Obama. In fact, I paid very little attention to politics before Obama. I think I started paying more attention in the last few years of GW. I remember being shocked at the vitriol directed at him by the left wing media.