Is it my imagination

stevenash

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

What is funny about that? It is something real that may happen even to someone like you. Those people in Orlando did not know their fate when they left the house.

I take it that you would go to slaughter so as not to offend?

Best as I can tell, from what I've read after Orlando, liberals don't care if a few Americans get killed by terrorists.  As you implied, as long as it's not them.

LOL!! Forum Gangsters. Yall a riot. Yall won't even take a Sunday drive down Irving Blvd. in Beaumont

Lord Blue Dove there are places in Deep East Texas that make Irving street in Beaumont look like Sesame Street. Looking at the phone call transcript today it was a little over 3 hours from the time the first shots were fired until the gunman was killed. The majority of the people killed in this senseless attack were young males. I would have like their odds a lot better had a few of them been armed.

On 6/15/2016 at 9:04 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

That was the claim when concealed carry was being considered...there would be wild west style shootouts in the streets...never happened.

Only place you see that are in strict gun control cities like Chicago...run by Democrats.

So, you think there haven't been wild west shootouts with legal gun owners? Think VERY HARD!!

42 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I don't know where Hwy 87 is. Let me google it. Hold on.

It's the beach highway from Galveston. Used to go to Sabine Pass. It is Gulfway Drive in Port Arthur. Goes over Veteran's Memorial Bridge and is main drag through Bridge City. It is 16th street in Orange and will take you by LCM high school and continues to the lakes area around Toledo Bend. I didn't need Google.

On 6/20/2016 at 5:58 PM, whsalum said:

Lord Blue Dove there are places in Deep East Texas that make Irving street in Beaumont look like Sesame Street. Looking at the phone call transcript today it was a little over 3 hours from the time the first shots were fired until the gunman was killed. The majority of the people killed in this senseless attack were young males. I would have like their odds a lot better had a few of them been armed.

What is it going to take for yall to understand: You cannot carry guns in certain places, ESPECIALLY IN CLUBS. Where was the security or off duty officers?

6 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

What is it going to take for yall to understand: You cannot carry guns in certain places, ESPECIALLY IN CLUBS. Where was the security or off duty officers?

Wait a minute, I thought the shooter was supposed to be the security for that club. How he got a big rifle inside the club? Shot the armed/unarmed security?? 

Whether there is security either by hired guards or off duty police officers is up to the venue. 

In this case there was an off duty police officer on scene and he engaged the terrorist almost immediately. That caused the guy to retreated into the club and take hostages. That began a long standoff. A hostage situation is way different that an active shooter.

For example, the Sandy Hook shooting incident lasted about 5 minutes. The Orlando incident took more than 3 hours. The bad guy was not killing people for 3 hours. If he had been an active shooter, the police would have moved in and taken him out. When people are willing to negotiate, the police try not to push the issue and in most hostage negotiations the people are released. The police also thought that he might have a bomb and parts of one were thought to be found. I think it turned out to be a battery out of a smoke detector. 

I don't think the shooter had anything to do with club or being security. I believe that he was once a guard almost a decade ago. 

And so 103 innocent people were shot and the one criminal had a gun. I'm willing to bet you will see pretty much the same scenario if the assault rifle is banned . The criminals who want to prey on the unarmed law abiding folks will still have the weapons to do it !

8 hours ago, whsalum said:

And so 103 innocent people were shot and the one criminal had a gun. I'm willing to bet you will see pretty much the same scenario if the assault rifle is banned . The criminals who want to prey on the unarmed law abiding folks will still have the weapons to do it !

Seems like it ought to embolden the criminals if they know all the good guys are abiding by the law and not carrying any weapons.

8 hours ago, whsalum said:

I suspect Very Few of the killings in Chicago are done with legal weapons.  I'll be generous and say 90% are done with illegal weapons.

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I suspect Very Few of the killings in Chicago are done with legal weapons.  I'll be generous and say 90% are done with illegal weapons.

100% agree with you. So, how are the illegal guns getting in the hands of criminals? I guess they're shipping them in under the tunnels of Mexico?

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Dove, if we pass new gun laws tomorrow, will the number of kllings in Chicago be reduced?

Political talking points!!!!! No, passing tougher guns laws by itself is not enough, BUT will help the cause. Most of the killings are from gang related shootings with illegal gun sales. Gangs are protecting their drug territories.

* So, whose selling the guns. Are there gun plants in those neighborhoods?

* Drugs, definitely a serious problem in America & beyond.

When you look at violence in neighborhoods, the common denominator are guns, drugs, and poor people.