This HAS to be addressed...Shame on you SETXSports...

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Breithaupt did not get any recognition in this area when he was inducted.  Does that mean he is a victim of the good ole boy system also?

Nash, I'm curious why you did not start a thread on here when this tragedy happened like DV has done for Boutte.  Here I will start it off for you.  You can fill in the details of the tragedy...

This HAS to be addressed...Shame on you SETXSports

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Breithaupt did not get any recognition in this area when he was inducted.  Does that mean he is a victim of the good ole boy system also?

Are you sure about that? I doubt that seriously.....Did they cover it locally when Coach Gamble was inducted? I'm not sure, but, I certainly hope so...

4 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Nash, I'm curious why you did not start a thread on here when this tragedy happened like DV has done for Boutte.  Here I will start it off for you.  You can fill in the details of the tragedy...

This HAS to be addressed...Shame on you SETXSports

Now THIS is just being ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

The lengths that some people go to, just to be proven right, when in actuality are wrong as two left feet...

You never answered my question regarding Breithaupt.  If Boutte is a "victim" of the good ole boy system, does  it not apply identically to Breithaupt?

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

You never answered my question regarding Breithaupt.  If Boutte is a "victim" of the good ole boy system, does  it not apply identically to Breithaupt?

IF this was the case, yes it would be in poor taste to treat it the same way.....However I SERIOUSLY doubt that is the case for Charles Breithaupt.  

57 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

IF this was the case, yes it would be in poor taste to treat it the same way.....However I SERIOUSLY doubt that is the case for Charles Breithaupt.  

Interesting.  If one deserving coach doesn't get a parade, "It's a CRYING SHAME", but when another deserving coach doesn't get a parade, "it would be in poor taste".  I just don't feel the same emotional outrage given for both of these coaches.  :) But seriously, both very deserving of more recognition than they received.

On 5/22/2016 at 3:15 PM, Dick Vitale said:

Because it wasn't mentioned on here either!

The BEAUMONT Enterprise has NEVER been home to Sutherland, yet anytime he has as much as a hangnail, they ALWAYS have a story on it! Besides, KFDM, KBMT, and FOX cover the entire area, right? And Kate Steinle has NOTHING to do with this subject matter. Typical Republican diversion, that my guy BlueDove usually speaks of...smh...Bottom line, it was not covered and it very well SHOULD have been.  Don't you think so, stevenash?

You brought race into it. Typical. Things do not change, partly at least, because everything is racist,

1 minute ago, Tigers2010 said:
4 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

If you have not been implying this whole thread that Boutte was not covered because he is black, and the other coaches you mentioned were white, then my apoplgies.

No that is NOT what I was implying...Nothing to do with race....I was just questioning WHY? And stating that it SHOULD have been covered. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

No that is NOT what I was implying...Nothing to do with race....I was just questioning WHY? And stating that it SHOULD have been covered. That's all.

I wont speak for everyone but that is what I thought was implied.  If that is not what was being implied, I would like to know what "certain things" you are referring to?

Just now, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I wont speak for everyone but that is what I thought was implied.  If that is not what was being implied, I would like to know what "certain things" you are referring to?

The "good ole boy" system and local media bias....nothing more, nothing less.