This HAS to be addressed...Shame on you SETXSports...

Being named to ANY Hall of Fame is definitely  a big deal. One of SE Texas OWN, Andre Boutte, was inducted into the TABC Hall of Fame on yesterday and not a SINGLE TELEVISION STATION from around here covered the event...It was mentioned back in February, when it was announced, and AggiesAre we posted it on here as well, but it has since mysteriously disappeared. Now if the inductee's last name was SUTHERLAND, or ROBINSON, or BREITHAUPT,  there would have been everything short of a small parade in this area because of it.  I would like to think that we are past certain things, but obviously I am a dreamer on that issue...It's a CRYING SHAME, that there was only MENTION of this accomplishment, on just ONE local site, The Port Arthur News.  Why is that? 

It is obvious what you attribute it to DV.  Can you be sure about that, though?  Pt. Arthur news probably covered because that was where he is employed.  What makes you so convinced that it would have been headlines if it had been Sutherland, Robinson, or Breithaupt ( note the correct spelling)?  On the other side of the coin, let me ask you why everyone knows the names of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, but nobody seems to have ever heard of Kate Steinle?

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

And how is this SETXSports fault?

Because it wasn't mentioned on here either!

26 minutes ago, stevenash said:

It is obvious what you attribute it to DV.  Can you be sure about that, though?  Pt. Arthur news probably covered because that was where he is employed.  What makes you so convinced that it would have been headlines if it had been Sutherland, Robinson, or Breithaupt ( note the correct spelling)?  On the other side of the coin, let me ask you why everyone knows the names of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, but nobody seems to have ever heard of Kate Steinle?

The BEAUMONT Enterprise has NEVER been home to Sutherland, yet anytime he has as much as a hangnail, they ALWAYS have a story on it! Besides, KFDM, KBMT, and FOX cover the entire area, right? And Kate Steinle has NOTHING to do with this subject matter. Typical Republican diversion, that my guy BlueDove usually speaks of...smh...Bottom line, it was not covered and it very well SHOULD have been.  Don't you think so, stevenash?

As a dedicated sports fan, I believe that the story was definitely newsworthy and should be covered.  What I don't know, however, is whether or not one of the local stations/sportscasters might do a special on it at sometime in the near future.  And yes, Steinle has something to do with it because I was inferring the mirror opposite of what you were inferring.

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

Being named to ANY Hall of Fame is definitely  a big deal. One of SE Texas OWN, Andre Boutte, was inducted into the TABC Hall of Fame on yesterday and not a SINGLE TELEVISION STATION from around here covered the event...It was mentioned back in February, when it was announced, and AggiesAre we posted it on here as well, but it has since mysteriously disappeared. Now if the inductee's last name was SUTHERLAND, or ROBINSON, or BREITHAUPT,  there would have been everything short of a small parade in this area because of it.  I would like to think that we are past certain things, but obviously I am a dreamer on that issue...It's a CRYING SHAME, that there was only MENTION of this accomplishment, on just ONE local site, The Port Arthur News.  Why is that? 

Nothing disappeared. Thread is still up but it was in August, not February when it was announced.

Also, is it my responsibility to post every significant news story on this site? Every member, including yourself, can post news stories, article links, etc.

You take your insinuations somewhere else. There is no agenda here on SETXsports.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nothing disappeared. Thread is still up but it was in August, not February when it was announced.

Also, is it my responsibility to post every significant news story on this site? Every member, including yourself, can post news stories, article links, etc.

You take your insinuations somewhere else. There is no agenda here on SETXsports.

My insinuations? I was ACTUALLY referring to ALL SE TEXAS SPORTS media outlets, not this message board! You don't think it was AT LEAST newsworthy? 

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

As a dedicated sports fan, I believe that the story was definitely newsworthy and should be covered.  What I don't know, however, is whether or not one of the local stations/sportscasters might do a special on it at sometime in the near future.  And yes, Steinle has something to do with it because I was inferring the mirror opposite of what you were inferring.

Since you are so certain, WHAT was my INFERENCE? I don't bite my tongue, so there was no need to make any inferences about the reasons why it wasn't covered. I just posed a question. But you know what they say....you throw a rock at a pack of wolves, the hit one will always holler...my INFERENCE was there is NO GOOD reason for this area's lack of coverage of this major milestone by a local coach.....NONE.

1 minute ago, Dick Vitale said:

My insinuations? I was ACTUALLY referring to ALL SE TEXAS SPORTS media outlets, not this message board! You don't think it was AT LEAST newsworthy? 

Your insinuations as to why it wasn't covered this weekend was what I was speaking of. The all star game was not covered as well. With baseball playoffs hot and heavy with local match ups this weekend and only so many tv reporters and sports writers available, I can see where it did not get covered but just from PA News. But I am quite sure it will be covered very soon by other media outlets.

Again, I acknowledged it back in August, nothing disappeared like you said.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Your insinuations as to why it wasn't covered this weekend was what I was speaking of. The all star game was not covered as well. With baseball playoffs hot and heavy with local match ups this weekend and only so many tv reporters and sports writers available, I can see where it did not get covered but just from PA News. But I am quite sure it will be covered very soon by other media outlets.

Again, I acknowledged it back in August, nothing disappeared like you said.

Well at least that's a reason....not a good one, but it's a viable one. 

Maybe they are just inept at what they do ?? There doesn't have to always be an agenda. Any coach that goes in to the hall of fame is very deserving of all the recognition they get. I for one have never been a big advocate of inducting players or coaches into any hall of fame until after they have retired. Just my two cents.

23 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Since you are so certain, WHAT was my INFERENCE? I don't bite my tongue, so there was no need to make any inferences about the reasons why it wasn't covered. I just posed a question. But you know what they say....you throw a rock at a pack of wolves, the hit one will always holler...my INFERENCE was there is NO GOOD reason for this area's lack of coverage of this major milestone by a local coach.....NONE.

I told you what I thought your inference was,  It was the mirror opposite of mine which wasprompted by yours.  If you know what mine is, then you know what I think yours is.  If I dont "really know" what yours is, then you cant "really know" what mine is.

17 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

IF you know Boutte you would know that he doesn't care about the attention....what you call media coverage.  He was about the athlete and more importantly the person.

He has had a great career and he's not done yet. 

And those other 3 names that you mentioned don't/didnt' do it for the media coverage area either.

So why the outrage? Why so offended when the person you talk about doesn't care about the attention?  Why shed negative attention on award for a great teacher/coach?

13 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

IF you know Boutte you would know that he doesn't care about the attention....what you call media coverage.  He was about the athlete and more importantly the person.

And those other 3 names that you mentioned don't/didnt' do it for the media coverage area either.

So why the outrage? Why so offended when the person you talk about doesn't care about the attention?  Why shed negative attention on award for a great teacher/coach?

It's all about the race card for some folks

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I wouldn't care either, and yes that is his personality. I'm just speaking from a respect perspective. I'm just convinced that had it been some others, it would have been acknowledged a bit more.  As it SHOULD be. 

43 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Boy that has to sting a little

No it didn't, because that's the one that I acknowledged...Pleare read, THEN post, MoFo....

9 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Who said that? Guilty conscience, maybe? Smh

9 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Who said that? Guilty conscience, maybe? Smh

No guilty conscience, but doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what your thoughts were.  No sense in beating around the bush.  Just say what you were implying.

1 minute ago, BS Wildcats said:

No guilty conscience, but doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what your thoughts were.  No sense in beating around the bush.  Just say what you were implying.

I wasn't implying ANYTHING....I SAID that it should have been covered MORE by media outlets....that's what I said, and it is the truth. 

19 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Sorry I must have been confused by your wording.

19 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

What I put in bold is what has some stating your motive.