Silsbee vs WOS round 3..Game In Evadale!!

20FAN07

I HAVE TO SAT THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD GAME, BUT I HAVE TO SAY SILSBEE IS GONNA COME OUT ON TOP. BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN STATRED PEOPLE WERE SAYIN THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN BEAT WOS. WE HAVE DONE IT NOT ONCE BUT THREE TIMES ALREADY. THAT IS VERY BIG!!! WELL MAY DA BEST TEAM WIN!!!SEE YA TONIGHT STANGS!! AND THIS IS DO OR DIE!!! ROUND 4

I remember reading an article about a Silsbee player who played AAU ball in Houston during the summer. Her name is Ang Green. I was curious how she was able to work her schedule to play in Houston. Did she stay in Houston for the summer with relatives, or did she drive to practice and games when scheduled? I'm assumong someone on the list may know her and get the answer for me.

I'm asking because I am considering getting one of my kids into AAU competition in Houston.

I have coached several AAU teams of girls in this area. We have played against some of the Houston teams.  I would be careful which group you are considering playing with.  Many of the larger groups are just money machines that make the organizers a lot of money.  They concentrate on the top teams and just fuel the rest of the organization with the others money.  Check around is all I am saying.

There are local teams that compete in the Houston area so that staying and practicing in Houston is not necessary.  AAU provides great exposure.  I agree with the previous poster..... be cautious about what team you get involved with.  A few years ago, my daughter played with a number of AAU teams - there were teams organized from local players (Silsbee, Lumberton, Orangefield, Evadale, Woodville).    The set up of most AAU tournaments is such that all teams play pool play initially, and then they are bracketed according to their pool play - ie: Gold, Silver and Bronze brackets.  That way, they have an opportunity to compete against teams of similar talent for the medal rounds.  It really is great experience and exposure for players.  It can get expensive though! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33