*WO-S 68 West Hardin 51 Final/Warm Up Game*

KFDM COOP

WOS---

sorry to hear that...we arrived late so i missed that part but i'm pretty sure it wasnt your opponents.....the only people we ever boo is (of course)....the refs   :)

thanks sportsmom, im sure it was some kids just acting up.  i have only good things to say about west hardin basketball and their fans.  i really enjoyed seeing the west hardin crowd being so supportive of their team.  yall outnumbered us in the fan department big time. :)  i think i could've counted the number of fans we had on my hands. ;D jk, anyway good luck to the west hardin oilers in the playoffs. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to agree Oilers you didnt look so hot out there, but I know they did wear you down, remember this was just a warm up game and nothing more, I think you hung good with them but that last quarter just got you.. We are still so proud of you guys..... Take this next step one game at a time. Get out there and Play your game.... The game you know you can play... not like last nights game... And a comment on the boo-ing when I heard that I was ashamed until I looked around and seen it was coming from another schools kids... or the most of it anyway... its not like our fans to boo any players, didnt think we had stooped so low.... WOS you guys played good.. good luck in the playoffs both teams you both deserve the state title.... now go get it... ;D

I would like to add my thanks to Coach McCarter. It would have been easy not to play a 1A team. WOS really had nothing to gain in this game. If you win, great you should have. If you lose, you let a 1A team beat you? So coach thanks for the opportunity to play a very athletic group of guys.

Hoopinsider, thanks for the opportunity you gave our guys to play in this event. I think the boys enjoyed it.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Thats the thing the 1a team was not going to beat WOS the to athletics and Dough the wos coach new that......I mean West Hardin so called stud had 12 points......its tough when you have to come up and play with the big boys........all these west harding people think lestinger is the best player around here and that shows he's not even in the top 10 in the area........

ltown, somehow your post always amaze me. Letsinger did a good job of running the point last night. They normally had 2-3 guys coming out on him, so as any good point guard would do he moved the ball around. He would have had a lot of assists, but WH missed a lot of shots.

That said, I think Tramain

Thomas was the best overall player in the building last night. I know Donahoe had his points, but he had to labor the whole game and not involve his team to get them. As a point guard he didn't impress me. He made more mental mistakes than some of the other points there.

Netherly from WOS is a good player.

I think all four of the kids mentioned in this post arein the top ten in the area, but people better realize there is a lot of talent int he area right now.

Good job guys.

Oh yeah, on the booing thing. I have been to more than one WH game and almost every time I have been disapponted with the high school section in some manner. I happen to know that some of WH's kids were booing and as a WH supporter that ticks me off. They had better learn some class and that you don't just boo everyone you play. 

It must be tough to labor the whole game and just score 39.Come on now,when Donahoe saw his club had to have a bucket he went and got it.For some reason the other guys were not shooting the ball.I am a huge Thomas fan and he is a super player,but Donahoe is the #1 guy in SETexas.

Thats the thing the 1a team was not going to beat WOS the to athletics and Dough the wos coach new that......I mean West Hardin so called stud had 12 points......its tough when you have to come up and play with the big boys........all these west harding people think lestinger is the best player around here and that shows he's not even in the top 10 in the area........

Have I ever heard you say anything positive?  All you do is run your mouth making you and the city you represent look stupid.  Grow up with your post or don't post anymore!!!  That would make all the board members happy I am sure!!!!

For whatever it is worth..I am just the coach of West Orange-Stark so my assesment may not compare with a Lumberton wannabe expert, but I put Letsinger right up with any other top ten player in this area.  

He was the focus of our defense (which includes a University of Texas signee) a Division 1 prospect and several small college prospects).  He scored 13 against that and outrebounded all of them.

He is better than any player I have seen come out of Lumberton so far.  That is not a knock on Lumberton, that just demonstrates how good Letsinger is.

Tyler, Jared, and Zach are not far behind.  And Tyler is a soph.  Scary!!

ltown didnt lie, WH so called star scored 12 with Earl Thomas playing defense on him...Earl is athletic but donahoe still scored 38 on him so i agree letsinger isnt even in the top 10

Olives youa re now confused as well.  Letsinger is a great player and I agree with setxbbfan that he is better than anyone ever from Lumberton. 

For whatever it is worth..I am just the coach of West Orange-Stark so my assesment may not compare with a Lumberton wannabe expert, but I put Letsinger right up with any other top ten player in this area.  

He was the focus of our defense (which includes a University of Texas signee) a Division 1 prospect and several small college prospects).  He scored 13 against that and outrebounded all of them.

He is better than any player I have seen come out of Lumberton so far.  That is not a knock on Lumberton, that just demonstrates how good Letsinger is.

Tyler, Jared, and Zach are not far behind.  And Tyler is a soph.  Scary!!

Thanks Coach for sharing some of your knowledge with people who have seemingly none.

You did a great job game planning and WH appreciates the oppurtunity to have played your team. It was great preparation. Thanks again.

By the way, the extra time statement I made about halftime was not meant as anything but a joke and I appraciate your response.

Good luck in the playoffs as I believe you have a lot of talent. 

I am afraid WH is going to have serious matchup problems if they face Martin's Mill.  MM is fundamentally sound, shoots well, plays serious man d and can play any style you want.  They have big guards, and a good finisher inside.  They should be favored to win state in 1A D1 and i would be shocked if they dont.

Having said that, i think EC will make a good showing in 2A.  They have what alot of 2A teams dont, a player who can take over a game at any time.  And he is the best player on the floor no matter who they match up with in 2A. 

Good luck to all SE Texas teams.

This message was supposed to go to a different topic.  Oh well.

Martins Mill played Jarrell this past Saturday and won 43-38.  I heard the halftime score was something like 10-14.  I know Jarrell is ranked #2 on TABC for 2A but they are in the district I coach in and I have watched them play twice now and have not been impressed at all.  After being in the district with Kountze and East Chambers last year I can honestly say they would kill Jarrell.  West Hardin and Martins Mill can only meet in the regional championship game and I would say its too close to call.  Depends on which of the two teams want it more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder