Nederland?

• 2 weeks later...

Nederland fans were just wondering why leave now? He could of done the same things this year at Nederland. Imagine Nederland with Ballou still here? I can't imagine the impact he would of made on the season if he would of stayed. Sad when I heard he left, could of been a special year, but at the same time I am happy he has found success and recognition. Hopefully he earns the recognition of some colleges to further his playing days as well as his academics.

Good for him. Glad he was successful at accomplishing his own personal goal while he left his teammates in his rear view mirror. Basketball is a team sport, and it always will be. For kids who seek individual accolades, golf and tennis may be more appropriate. As Baller93 stated, it could have been a real special year in Nederland had he stayed. He COULD have been the difference in finishing 1st, instead of 3rd. Even if Ned had won the district, I think the MVP would go to Miguez. 

22 minutes ago, Acres53 said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me. He was the difference in his team finishing first. Jaylon got his MVP. Good luck to Miguez on getting his. PS I heard Jaylon's playing tennis this spring.

As a parent, it hurts to see how badly the team felt when he left. When all of the kids are looking at each other trying to figure out why he left was very disheartening. 

20 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Lol I could've swore Nederland fans said it wouldn't be that big a deal that he left. Now he's the difference in 1 and 3. 

Not sure who said it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Most of the Ned fan base knewDarrel would step up and do a good job as the point. We would have been a different team having Ballou and Jones on the court at the same time. Especially when we struggled to break the press against Ozen. That's where Ballou would have made a difference, IMO. 

Those so called people or friends who supported and helped him are still shaking their heads why he decided to leave all the sudden without explanation.

Again I'm glad he found success and let's now leave this thread to praising the young man for his accomplishments and accolades. 

Congrats to Jaylan! Best of Luck in his future endeavors! 

If the Ballou kid was such an "impact player" and couldve been the difference in Nederland finishing first instead of third place in district that assumption shouldve unanimously qualified him as the MVP.....All of this amounts to opinions, as always jmo...As this basketball season comes to a close its been fun and congrats to those moving on to the playoffs to represent 22-5A.....