2016-2018 Reclassification and Realignment will be released at 9a on Monday 2-1-16

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Guess Silsbee will have to go thru Yates to get that title!

Saw Yates play 3 times in Lufkin tourney over the holidays. 

They are not nearly as strong as they have been in the past, 

Maybe our good friends from Yates can shed some light on their JV and what they have coming up

1 hour ago, Drango1 said:

bmt science academy is 4a because uil rules state that charter schools will compete in the smallest classification of schools withintheir attendance zone...since ozen was 4a but opted up that puts bmt science academy in class 4a

Where do they play their home games

3 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

OFFICIAL...Houston Yates moves back to 4A. So does Dallas Lincoln, Dallas Carter, and Dallas Hutchins.

I think of 4A and lower as small town ball.  I don't like seeing these schools drop down, especially considering that the kids move wherever they want to play sports in those towns.  I'm honestly not sure why there are public schools being run with less than 1200 students in them when the city they are in has millions of people.  seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I think of 4A and lower as small town ball.  I don't like seeing these schools drop down, especially considering that the kids move wherever they want to play sports in those towns.  I'm honestly not sure why there are public schools being run with less than 1200 students in them when the city they are in has millions of people.  seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me.

Please keep in mind there are more public, private and charter schools for kids to choice from in Houston then the smaller towns.  HISD is one of the largest school districts in the State of Texas, not to mention the other school districts in the area, Fort Bend ISD, Cypress ISD.  4A, 5A and 6A is basketball

36 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Please keep in mind there are more public, private and charter schools for kids to choice from in Houston then the smaller towns.  HISD is one of the largest school districts in the State of Texas, not to mention the other school districts in the area, Fort Bend ISD, Cypress ISD.  4A, 5A and 6A is basketball

yup.  and keep in mind that in houston isd you have 47000 high school aged kids.  in HJ its' more like 650..  so when you divide it in half and take the girls out, Houston has approx 23,500 boys in it's district to fill the teams of 40 high schools,  HJ has approx 325 boys to fill one team.  HJ is lucky to get a college quality player or two every couple of years (generally juco, D2, or D3).  Houston has hundreds of them.  So when kids in houston can team up with their AAU buddies and field 4A teams full of D1 and D2 talent, despite being a town of over 2,000,000 people, it's pretty frustrating when you're a fan of a really good small school team such as Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake, population 1800) or Silsbee (population 6,700).  HJ made a really nice run last season, pulling a last second upset over a really good (and legit small 4A school) Navasota team, only to lose to Sterling and their team full of college kids, and then Sterling beat Silsbee two games later to go to state.  I thought that was crap then, and i still do now.  The fact that a whole lot more teams like that just dropped in is crap as well.  I'd love to see classifications be factored using school AND city size to keep stuff like this from happening.  

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

yup.  and keep in mind that in houston isd you have 47000 high school aged kids.  in HJ its' more like 650..  so when you divide it in half and take the girls out, Houston has approx 23,500 boys in it's district to fill the teams of 40 high schools,  HJ has approx 325 boys to fill one team.  HJ is lucky to get a college quality player or two every couple of years (generally juco, D2, or D3).  Houston has hundreds of them.  So when kids in houston can team up with their AAU buddies and field 4A teams full of D1 and D2 talent, despite being a town of over 2,000,000 people, it's pretty frustrating when you're a fan of a really good small school team such as Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake, population 1800) or Silsbee (population 6,700).  HJ made a really nice run last season, pulling a last second upset over a really good (and legit small 4A school) Navasota team, only to lose to Sterling and their team full of college kids, and then Sterling beat Silsbee two games later to go to state.  I thought that was crap then, and i still do now.  The fact that a whole lot more teams like that just dropped in is crap as well.  I'd love to see classifications be factored using school AND city size to keep stuff like this from happening.  

College kids? You trying to say they were too old? Or are you trying to say they were THAT good? Because on BOTH accounts you are so WRONG! They got BLASTED in the state title game last year! They weren't that good...They got hot during the playoffs, and ran off a few games, but they were so not good at all!

31 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

23 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

College kids? You trying to say they were too old? Or are you trying to say they were THAT good? Because on BOTH accounts you are so WRONG! They got BLASTED in the state title game last year! They weren't that good...They got hot during the playoffs, and ran off a few games, but they were so not good at all!

WOW

31 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Please.  Blasted by a LOADED (questionable) roster of D1 talent.  Sterling was at least an all Houston team with 5 seniors playing who outplayed Silsbee .  You can maybe question the Sterling team but there is NO DOUBT that the Bridgeport team was a scam and disgrace on the part of the UIL.

Just now, Silsbee92 said:

Please.  Blasted by a LOADED (questionable) roster of D1 talent.  Sterling was at least an all Houston team with 5 seniors playing who outplayed Silsbee .  You can maybe question the Sterling team but there is NO DOUBT that the Bridgeport team was a scam and disgrace on the part of the UIL.

Why were they a disgrace? Because they were transfers and not "homegrown"?

41 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Ranked #2 and made it to the state final game. Not sure if "got hot in the playoffs" is accurate there.  And by college kids I mean good enough to play in college.  They just ran into a team who was just as unfairly in 4A with even better players 

Just now, About a week ago said:

Bridgeport definitely brought a fishy smell into San Antonio last year..

Took a totally different path than Madison did a few years ago but Bridgeport made that move seem insignificant.   UIL knew it was coming and didnt do anything about it.  Dont care if there was a loophole or not.  Disgraceful on all fronts.