2016-2018 Reclassification and Realignment will be released at 9a on Monday 2-1-16

16 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Took a totally different path than Madison did a few years ago but Bridgeport made that move seem insignificant.   UIL knew it was coming and didnt do anything about it.  Dont care if there was a loophole or not.  Disgraceful on all fronts.

Silsbee92, we agree on this. 

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Ranked #2 and made it to the state final game. Not sure if "got hot in the playoffs" is accurate there.  And by college kids I mean good enough to play in college.  They just ran into a team who was just as unfairly classified in 4A with even better players 

Bullets, I agree with you on the fact that the Houston and Dallas schools should be required to compete in 5A or 6A. That Houston Sterling team was not that good, but they were a senior laden team that had been together for a few years, but I was not impressed by them at all..

33 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Took a totally different path than Madison did a few years ago but Bridgeport made that move seem insignificant.   UIL knew it was coming and didnt do anything about it.  Dont care if there was a loophole or not.  Disgraceful on all fronts.

Sounds like the green eyed monster has invaded ole Silsbee! LOL...Soooo, Silsbee has NEVER accepted ANY transfers that made them better? Don't worry...I'll wait...

4 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Bullets, I agree with you on the fact that the Houston and Dallas schools should be required to compete in 5A or 6A. That Houston Sterling team was not that good, but they were a senior laden team that had been together for a few years, but I was not impressed by them at all..

They looked pretty good when I saw them.  Maybe not fundamentally, But way too much length and athleticism for a legit 4a school to compete with.  And I'm glad you're with me on them being required to compete in higher classifications.  It just doesn't sit right with me.  It would be like HJ or Silsbee creating multiple high schools and fielding ridiculous 1A and 2A schools 

27 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Sounds like the green eyed monster has invaded ole Silsbee! LOL...Soooo, Silsbee has NEVER accepted ANY transfers that made them better? Don't worry...I'll wait...

Feel free to educate me after my argument:

1) Houston Population & Size : Takes about 40 min to cover most on a drive.

Has its own district in 6A, 5A & 4A. Six schools per district usually.

2) Silsbee takes 10 min to cross with one high school but lets expand area to 40 min travel to include Woodville, Lumberton, Buna & HJ. In the hopes of recreating the talent pool.

Really? We are going to sit here and debate the difference?

I know of a few "transfers" to Silsbee. Most if not ALL lived in Silsbee. One school in One District in a small town.

Your argument is sound on the rules but by bringing up ANY transfers that come to Silsbee, if you can name them, is proof that you believe it to be an ok practice. 

2 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Feel free to educate me after my argument:

1) Houston Population & Size : Takes about 40 min to cover most on a drive.

Has its own district in 6A, 5A & 4A. Six schools per district usually.

2) Silsbee takes 10 min to cross with one high school but lets expand area to 40 min travel to include Woodville, Lumberton, Buna & HJ. In the hopes of recreating the talent pool.

Really? We are going to sit here and debate the difference?

I know of a few "transfers" to Silsbee. Most if not ALL lived in Silsbee. One school in One District in a small town.

Your argument is sound on the rules but by bringing up ANY transfers that come to Silsbee, if you can name them, is proof that you believe it to be an ok practice. 

I know ALL ABOUT HOUSTON, I'm FROM there....This isn't about Houston, I asked has Silsbee ever accepted any transfers, OR accepted eligibility of an older student due to circumstances that MADE THEM BETTER? That's the question...If the answer is YES, then you cannot call Bridgeport "disgraceful" because their transfers helped them to win a state title...Its either ALL or NOTHING, right? Come on now....be fair...

13 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I know ALL ABOUT HOUSTON, I'm FROM there....This isn't about Houston, I asked has Silsbee ever accepted any transfers, OR accepted eligibility of an older student due to circumstances that MADE THEM BETTER? That's the question...If the answer is YES, then you cannot call Bridgeport "disgraceful" because their transfers helped them to win a state title...Its either ALL or NOTHING, right? Come on now....be fair...

Again...Feel free to educate me.  I didnt beat around the bush.  

I did not call Bridgeport disgraceful.  I said the UIL.

I wont address the obvious attempt to bait me into the "older player" reference.  Different topic and my opinion will prob not differ from yours. Stick to the "transfers".  So again...

feel free to educate me on them.  

8 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Wylie, Lincoln, Carter, Silsbee, Yates, Wheatley, Aransas Pass?, Liberty Hill, and Paris all in 4A. If only Ozen and Dunbar would be allowed to drop as well.

4A top 10-15 should be the most competitive conference next year and shouldn't even be close.

If Ozen enrollment fells between 480-1099 then UIL should give them an opinion to move down to 4A.  If anyone doesn't like the current system please complain to UIL 

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

If Ozen enrollment fells between 480-1099 then UIL should give them an opinion to move down to 4A.  If anyone doesn't like the current system please complain to UIL 

It's not Ozen that made the decision. It was Beaumont ISD telling them to stay 5A. Same as Dunbar. That is what I am referring to as if they would have been allowed to drop. The districts are forcing them up, just like Houston and Dallas use to do. Beaumont does it for money and Fort Worth does to give their 5A teams 2 districts and 5-6 playoff berths instead of one 10 team district and 4 playoff berths.