Silsbee 76 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 31/Final

WOSgrad

26 minutes ago, swamp123 said:

If your coach thinks every ref is against you why would a high school kid think or behave any differently?

Maybe there is some playing time frustration coming out? Depth, the luxory and the curse.

Whose coach thinks every ref is against them.....if you are trying to make a sine remark about last years events,. Just remember that Coach only a wanted to go with a different chapter for a couple games not all of them that was the chapters decision. And I am sure the one that need to know why, have that info. I know it wasn't because he felt they were all against him.

32 minutes ago, DXTR said:

I have been to most games and have not noticed any signs of playing time frustration. The top 10 get plenty of time on the court. The other 2 players contribute when needed with no complaints. 

Plenty of time on the court maybe...but I see no rhythm to their game except in spurts.  I see plenty of frustration though...it showed up last night.  I could be wrong of course but It looked like Sig had enough of it as well.

I have faith though. 

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee hit 4 three's in the 4th Q.

Devon McCain, Jordyn Adams and Dontre Thomas combined were 12/15 FT. The rest of team was 3/17.

As for the officials, they were the College Station Chapter. The tall official, who seemed to have a chip on his shoulder to start with, has done a Silsbee game in the past. He did the 1st playoff game against Yates. He seemed to officiate with an attitude of "don't ever question my call".

But, when you go outside for district games, you get what you get and sometimes that is the bottom of the barrel.

This chapter will officiate the next time Silsbee and LC-M play. Pretty sure it will not be the same three.

Yes Mr. Aggie I can never forget that official..he done one of our games in 2012 or 2013 vs HJ at Ford Arena....I can remember speaking to one of the players after that particular game...that player told me that the same ref told him that he was not going let to us play our style of ball, because we are a dirty team (in his opinion)..I knew then that we would have to beat the team and the refs! I hope we do not see him again in the foreseeable future! 

#SilsbeeTiger4Ever

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I don't know if he called an HJ game but was told he did one of our games against Yates.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I don't know if he called an HJ game but was told he did one of our games against Yates.

Oh I know for sure he reffed that game vs.  HJ...I even talked to one of the coaches after the game on Tuesday and he remembered it very vividly too! 

11 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Plenty of time on the court maybe...but I see no rhythm to their game except in spurts.  I see plenty of frustration though...it showed up last night.  I could be wrong of course but It looked like Sig had enough of it as well.

I have faith though. 

Sometimes it is hard to get into a rhythm against certain teams and their style of play. A lot of times sloppy play is contagious. We saw against Central how they can play against better teams. I think next Tue will show a lot about this team. Should be a great game.

I agree with what you stated, and I for one like keeping the guys fresh with the rotation when possible.  I do expect that the 5 gif 5 rotation will not necessarily be used in tight games with real good teams.  I may be surprised this year though.  Now in defense of other views remember against Central 5 or 6 guys played almost the whole game, so that is a different situation and a good argument against a 5 for 5 rotation.

1 hour ago, DXTR said:

Sometimes it is hard to get into a rhythm against certain teams and their style of play. A lot of times sloppy play is contagious. We saw against Central how they can play against better teams. I think next Tue will show a lot about this team. Should be a great game.

Tuesday is a tell all. My guess is you see very few lineup changes. One set with some fill ins for breaks.

4 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Tuesday is a tell all. My guess is you see very few lineup changes. One set with some fill ins for breaks.

Why would There be changes? What players would be seeing less time? Every last one of the main 10 can go and bring something to the table. I am thinking that the same rotation will be used every game the rest of the season. Not the exact same, but with the top 10 seeing equal playing time. My opinion

I'm assuming they are losing some starters to grades? That's pretty disappointing. For a team to have as much talent as they do, they sure get in their own way. Whether it's poor attitudes on the court or not handling their business in the classroom.For a team with state championship hopes, failing classes shows a lack of dedication to the team. It is hard to fail a class in highschool. I know most teachers gives students every opportunity to get their grade right with a little effort. Just very disappointing.

1 hour ago, bradyb said:

Before we start talking about how terrible the silsbee kids are and all of that... Lets wait and see if anyone actually fails. Grades go in Friday lol I went to Silsbee. A lot of my teammates "almost" failed 

From what I heard...it's not grades. And I would prefer not to be the one to break it. Hearsay is very touchy.