Silsbee 76 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 31/Final

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers continue 24-4A district play tonight as they host the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears.  The Tigers, 15-5 on the season, ran their district mark to 3-0 last Friday with a 85-42 win over Bridge City.  The Bears, 6-14 on the season, fell to 1-1 last Tuesday with a 50-47 loss to Bridge City.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from the Tiger Den in Silsbee beginning with the pregame at about 7:20 pm leading to a scheduled 7:30 pm tip by pressing play on the cube player below:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger athletics on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

Have to agree.  Tigers 2 techs i and LCM 2 techs.  One of the Tigers was definitely warranted from what I was told.  The other should not have happened and may not have if it wasn't for the way the game was going.  Player did say something, not sure if it was bad or just questioning the call.  This player is not one to usually lose his cool.  This particular official was well not very good.   Several questionable calls  made by him in the game.  The Tigers have got to see that this may happen at times and we are going to have to just accept it and play harder and better.

Silsbee isn't playing championship type basketball. They play hard but the effortless turnovers, techs, and the lack of discipline concerns me as a fan. I will be honest, they play as if other teams should just lay down and let them win. They haven't earned anything! With all the missed layups and turnovers, they are setting themselves up for a early playoff exit. Silsbee has the talent but I don't think these guys understand what it takes to win state. It has never been done here.  They don't look like the #3 team or a team playing to go to state. Sad to say but this could be another would have, should have, but didn't team. 

Calm down, guys.  Silsbee will be fine..  all this experience here, they'll know what to do in the playoffs...  District games aren't going to be easy...  But they still got the win...  That's all that matters...  Just watch...  Silsbee is better than like 95% of the rest of the teams that they'll play this year.  So even on 'bad nights', you'll get that 'W'.

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Calm down, guys.  Silsbee will be fine..  all this experience here, they'll know what to do in the playoffs...  District games aren't going to be easy...  But they still got the win...  That's all that matters...  Just watch...  Silsbee is better than like 95% of the rest of the teams that they'll play this year.  So even on 'bad nights', you'll get that 'W'.

Completely agree. The techs were created by the guy in the long black pants who apparently had a bad day at the office and brought his frustrations to the court.

55 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree but some things I do feel have to get better.  Last night was probably the poorest shooting game that I have seen this year both at the ft line and from the floor.  And most of it wasn't from defensive pressure.  The Tigers turned it  up and definitely did what they can do to get the win.  We just settled for way too many 3s when they weren't falling through most of the game.  I for one am not worried about those games with that 95% it's the ones in that top 3% that I am concerned with.