Silsbee 76 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 31/Final

WOSgrad

Score by quarters

1            2             3               4            tot

LC-M                 10            6           10               5            31

Silsbee                9          22           12             33            76

Team stats

FT %

LC-M               12/20         60%

Silsbee            15/32         47%

3 Point %

LC-M               1/12            8%

Silsbee            7/26           27%

Rebounding

LC-M                27

Silsbee            43

Turnovers

LC-M              35

Silsbee           18

Fouls

LC-M             26

Silsbee          21

Individual scoring

LC-M

Ayson Simmons                  10 (8 in 1st half)

Cameron Parker                  10 (5/8 FT)

Andrew Daspit                       4

Katon Brown                          3

Jordan Garcia                        2

Jacloven Provost                   2

Silsbee

Dontre Thomas                     12 ( 7 in 4th Q, 4/4 FT)

Jordyn Adams                       11 (9 in 4th Q, 4/4 FT, 1/8 three's)

Devon McCain                       10 (4/7 FT, 6 assists)

Rick Maze                               9 (3/8 three's)

Tre Grubbs                              8 (2/8 FT, 10 reb., 5 steals)

Trajan Harris                            6

Michael McCain                       6

Kalon Barnes                           5 (11 reb.)

Bruce Newton                          4

Adonis Thomas                       3

Kolten Mackey                        2

Silsbee hit 4 three's in the 4th Q.

Devon McCain, Jordyn Adams and Dontre Thomas combined were 12/15 FT. The rest of team was 3/17.

As for the officials, they were the College Station Chapter. The tall official, who seemed to have a chip on his shoulder to start with, has done a Silsbee game in the past. He did the 1st playoff game against Yates. He seemed to officiate with an attitude of "don't ever question my call".

But, when you go outside for district games, you get what you get and sometimes that is the bottom of the barrel.

This chapter will officiate the next time Silsbee and LC-M play. Pretty sure it will not be the same three.

You know I never really like to go to the "biased ref"and the foul numbers of this game were actually in the Tigers favor.  I really didn't have any problem with the other officials or some calls that I may not have agreed with but this ref did give me a feeling he was biased even before hearing we had seen him before.  Now if course I am a Tiger fan,. I don't know if a neutral fan would have had that feeling or not.  It didn't have any effect on the outcome so it isn't important now.  What is important is for our players to know this can happen and try to learn from it and try not to react in a way for this type of ref to have a chance to have a major effect on a closer game.

I think play calling was bad at times, but bad both ways too. 4 techs, 2 for each team so at least he was fair in that. The first tech in my opinion was much needed because out of three games I've watched Silsbee play, that particular player has played in two (the first one he was still playing football), but he has had a bad attitude and very mouthy in both games. And he almost was involved in a fight after the game was over last time I watched them. The second which I believe was on dontre, that was him just questioning the call, happens every game in all sports. That one shouldn't have been called.

this team to me does not look like a championship team for one reason: discipline. Or lack there of. Coach needs to get a handle on that. If he can instill some discipline into this team, then there's no reason why they shouldn't make a good run.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I think play calling was bad at times, but bad both ways too. 4 techs, 2 for each team so at least he was fair in that. The first tech in my opinion was much needed because out of three games I've watched Silsbee play, that particular player has played in two (the first one he was still playing football), but he has had a bad attitude and very mouthy in both games. And he almost was involved in a fight after the game was over last time I watched them. The second which I believe was on dontre, that was him just questioning the call, happens every game in all sports. That one shouldn't have been called.

this team to me does not look like a championship team for one reason: discipline. Or lack there of. Coach needs to get a handle on that. If he can instill some discipline into this team, then there's no reason why they shouldn't make a good run.

The kid plays with more passion that anyone i have ever seen play the game. You do not find a player that puts defense first like this kid does. Bad attitude? One could say so. He needs to learn to stop talking to the refs... That is for sure. But he is very passionate about the game and winning. When you are 5'4 and 140 pounds (Guessing) you have to have a bit of cockiness and attitude towards the game. 

Can't part of that passion be learning to conduct oneself in a manner that is acceptable/comparable to others?  If you can learn to not travel or double dribble or how to defend or shoot, I am guessing it is less difficult to shut up.   By finding ways to justify questionable behavior, it seems to reinforce, ( to the offenders) that said behavior is acceptable.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Not sure he called both the other techs.  But it was more than that as far as the techs, like I said I knew our first was warranted and the second was a case of saying too much when the tone was already set.  But I have never seen calls like a delay of game wrning for walking to the bench or some of the other issues he had.  From stories I have been told by some good sources there is more to the case on him.  I want say more than that just because I know nothing on it personally.

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Nash, he plays with a lot of passion on the court but he can't control his mouth at times. Robot like no. Maybe stop talking to the red and complaining every game. Just go out and play hard. If your gonna complain, talk to your coach and let him do it for you. 

Well stated, sir.

Five players who have shown me the way to play...on the court because I don't see and hear all.

1) T. Grubbs (Senior)

2) R. Maze (Senior)

3) D. Thomas (Senior)

4) J. Adams (Freshman)

5) D. McCain (Freshman)

am I alone on this? Opinions?

Nothing against those not mentioned with good attitudes just as a lineup option.

Also, heard some rumors on grades.  This gonna effect Silsbee, again?

12 minutes ago, swamp123 said:

If your coach thinks every ref is against you why would a high school kid think or behave any differently?

Maybe there is some playing time frustration coming out? Depth, the luxory and the curse.

I have been to most games and have not noticed any signs of playing time frustration. The top 10 get plenty of time on the court. The other 2 players contribute when needed with no complaints.