New Lamar Baseball Coach

Mickey Mantle

Anyone have information on when LU will hire a new coach to replace Jim Gilligan? Seems like this has been dragged out, and I am sure it is killing recruiting for future players. Personally I think they have a coach on staff that could take this job and run with it. 

Just a shame that this is going to setback the program in a big way because of the unknown.

This guy could bring a breath of fresh air to the program but I thought Rick was the coach in waiting. What happened with that. The players love him. Maybe this new guy Davis is gonna be good but I think it was an injustice to Rick and Hatt that neither were promoted. Especially Rick since he's been waiting for years for this job to come open to take control.

It's a business.   I'm personally glad to see new blood in the program.   Best wishes to JR & SH, but it was time to clean house.   The program has fallen behind in so many areas.   Will Davis looks to me to be just what the doctor ordered.   I'm excited for the first time in several seasons.   I just hope that 2016 isn't a complete fiasco with all the distractions. 

5 minutes ago, KingSnake said:

not me.   I follow Nederland Baseball some, but not avidly.  I just heard that the Vidor coach was being hired as a pitching coach.   

I think Kyle has gotten every job that has came open over the last few years according to this message board.