Nederland 75 Port Arthur Memorial 66/Final

WOSgrad

Well now you ain't winning until you have a system and a attitude that is conducive to winning, which I  mentioned in the first part of my post. PORT ARTHUR has NEVER been short on basketball ball or football talent, they've had other issues. Anybody in this area that plays Memorial in any thing always has one eye on them hoping they never get it together, because WHEN  they do Bmt and Mid County won't be able to hang. So talk all you want you know it's the truth. I'm out.

i think ppl who don't really know sports just like to talk. Ppl still havent learned it doesn't matter what so callled classification you are or wherever you are from if you can play that particular sport well and do it as a team you have a chance to beat anybody. Never underestimate your opponent because you feel like your 6a and their 2a. But is their overall basketball game a 2a . Big Sandy would give alot of teams problems because just like in every sport its about matchups and which ones will be exploited. A la Golden St. , Boise St ,or Monmouth. Stop putting labels on these teams and watch them play thats the only thing that matters at the end of the day. CAN YOU PLAY...PERIOD...

Excellent point.  I was talking to someone and them saying Ned was beat by a 2A!!!!  Heck look at Silsbee with all the young kids playing and still beating respectful upper classification teams.  Big Sandy, Silsbee play above their respective classifications and can play with alot of teams. That's why both should be in San Antonio come March because of the stiff competition they play in non-district games that prepares them for District and playoffs.

Hmmm, BG didn't you also use these same words for football this year?

i didn't predict a state championship…… and the last slot was open til week-11, im assuming you were concerning yourself with HF basketball as to why you didn't know that pertinent information. 

Well now you ain't winning until you have a system and a attitude that is conducive to winning, which I  mentioned in the first part of my post. PORT ARTHUR has NEVER been short on basketball ball or football talent, they've had other issues. Anybody in this area that plays Memorial in any thing always has one eye on them hoping they never get it together, because WHEN  they do Bmt and Mid County won't be able to hang. So talk all you want you know it's the truth. I'm out.

I agreed with everything here except this...  Bmt and MC would continue to be competitive with Memorial...

That last part was for your Pear Orchard (Ozen) friend. We all know that when Both cities have schools positioned to compete at their peak levels  ( athletes AND coaches ) that it is notch HS sports. Which is what made the Golden Triangle the football capital and help contribute to at least 18-20 basketball state championships from this area. 

i think ppl who don't really know sports just like to talk. Ppl still havent learned it doesn't matter what so callled classification you are or wherever you are from if you can play that particular sport well and do it as a team you have a chance to beat anybody. Never underestimate your opponent because you feel like your 6a and their 2a. But is their overall basketball game a 2a . Big Sandy would give alot of teams problems because just like in every sport its about matchups and which ones will be exploited. A la Golden St. , Boise St ,or Monmouth. Stop putting labels on these teams and watch them play thats the only thing that matters at the end of the day. CAN YOU PLAY...PERIOD...

Not to mention, a lot of people haven't watched most of this years CURRENT teams play. They are going off of historic school name and classification. I guarantee you if that little private school Plano Prestonwood Christian walked most gyms in our area, jaws would drop and people would be heading to the house by halftime lol.

Not to mention, a lot of people haven't watched most of this years CURRENT teams play. They are going off of historic school name and classification. I guarantee you if that little private school Plano Prestonwood Christian walked most gyms in our area, jaws would drop and people would be heading to the house by halftime lol.

+1, they always show a few of their games on the Time Warner Sports channel. 

Memorial is gonna be just fine.  Nederland is a good basketball team and their second best player is from....Port Arthur.  Kelly has another two that could and should be playing for us.  This group of sophomores is gonna be good.  No shame in the results so far this year.  Coleman is not another Boutte or Gamble, but he's a solid coach and we got some good young coaches on staff too.  You'll see.

Memorial is gonna be just fine.  Nederland is a good basketball team and their second best player is from....Port Arthur.  Kelly has another two that could and should be playing for us.  This group of sophomores is gonna be good.  No shame in the results so far this year.  Coleman is not another Boutte or Gamble, but he's a solid coach and we got some good young coaches on staff too.  You'll see.

The two at Kelly would be starting for Memorial...both this year AND last year. And that's not a knock against Memorials current team. They are just young...but very good

Edited by winwin

Thats what I'm saying; Memorial has talent,  on the court and walking the hallways. There has been talent that has walked out the door, but I believe given a chance Coleman and his staff  might surprise some people and manage to  keep all the talent in PA.

Thats what I'm saying; Memorial has talent,  on the court and walking the hallways. There has been talent that has walked out the door, but I believe given a chance Coleman and his staff  might surprise some people and manage to  keep all the talent in PA.

Agreed!

The two at Kelly would be starting for Memorial...both this year AND last year. And that's not a knock against Memorials current team. They are just young...but very good

And I will add that the Port Arthur kids we have at Kelly didn't leave Port Arthur to escape the basketball team. It was to get away from the academic environment. I have parents come to me every summer asking how they can get their kids into Kelly. Remember, we finished 5-22 the year the Port Arthur kids came over. So it wasn't for basketball LOL

yes, Jones did transfer from PA last year and played on Neds JV team. His development over the past 12 months have been impressive. He wasn't very polished when he arrived. The program at Nederland has helped him develop his skills. He has done a good enough job that we aren't missing Ballou like we thought we would. He's been selected to the all tournament team in 2/3 tourneys this year. 

I am trying to see them all (55 so far).

BTW, using the word "little" with "Plano" is an oxymoron. Nothing little about Plano Prestonwood. Yes, the school may be small, but the area they reach out to get student(athletes) is massive! ;)

I am trying to see them all (55 so far).

BTW, using the word "little" with "Plano" is an oxymoron. Nothing little about Plano Prestonwood. Yes, the school may be small, but the area they reach out to get student(athletes) is massive! ;)

The school is far from small. We went there my junior year for a Leadership retreat and the school is bigger than any in SETX. The cafeteria has a buffet! Lol they also let us use there stadium to practice football because we were still in playoffs. It is as nice as every stadium around here.