Beaumont Kelly 56 Nederland 53/Final

Jaylan is missed. Badly. Miguez and Nelson are the only ones capable of creating for themselves. Good game Kelly. Have a lot of talent. 

My thoughts exactly.  Nederland is in desperate need of a PG.  Put either of Kelly's Port Arthur boys on the other team and they would be a very tough team to beat. 

Some quick Kelly scoring stats:

John Kraemer 17 (5-9 three pointers)

Darrell Patterson 10

Jomard Valsin 8

Tevin Baker 7

Darieyus Richard and Cannon Broussard 6

Dareiyus Richard was a monster on the boards. Dont have the numbers yet but he had to have 12 or 15. We played ok considering Jomard Valsin only practiced one day before this game because of football. Nederland is a very good team with or without Jaylen. 22-5A better not sleep on them.

Kelly Varsity was very good last night. Kraemer was lights out from 3.The whole team look good if they can continue to play that way they can make a lot of noise this year.GREAT JOB.

Kelly JV.looked solid Nick King had a nice game and Josh Payne.GOOD JOB.

Kelly Freshman. Chris May Drew Rawls and OGO.Have to put up major points otherwise it will be a long Freshman season.They played well but got to take over games.GOOD JOB  KELLY BULLDOGS

the Dareiyus Richard kid...what classification is he?  Was he previously at Central?

Yes. And he's a junior. Everyone on the floor last night who played for Kelly was either a junior sophomore or freshman with the exception of number 14 Darryl Patterson. He's the only senior in the playing rotation

They called the tech because I yelled, " that's awful" after one of our players was mugged and then they called a touch foul on one of our players. I didn't curse or say anything about the referee. SMH

By mugged, we are talking violated.  Almost knocked the biggest, strongest kid on the floor off his feet and literally right in front of one of the 3 referees.  But he was in a mode of he wasn't going to give Kelly a single call at that point.  Winwin is a better man than me because I would have almost assuredly given them good reason to T me up at that point. Love those referees who officiate with emotion and a huge chip on their shoulders. 

They must have regrouped and calmed down at half because but for the last few minutes of the game, they were MUCH better in the second half, and so was Nederland. 

Obviously! Some Dog fans need to change their tune saying they would find a suitable replacement.

I really don't see it that way. Jaylen is a good player but NOT a true point guard. I thought he tried to force a lot of bad shots and didn't do a good job of distributing the ball. We always did better against them with him in the game. I watched them play St. Thomas in October and he never got the ball to their best player...MIGUEZ. It was almost like he was avoiding him. But I am looking at it from a coaches point of view. Not a fan that likes all the flash that he brings. Just my opinion.

I really don't see it that way. Jaylen is a good player but NOT a true point guard. I thought he tried to force a lot of bad shots and didn't do a good job of distributing the ball. We always did better against them with him in the game. I watched them play St. Thomas in October and he never got the ball to their best player...MIGUEZ. It was almost like he was avoiding him. But I am looking at it from a coaches point of view. Not a fan that likes all the flash that he brings. Just my opinion.

Never said he was a true point guard but he was the best for their team. He still did some things better at that position for Nederland's team.

What people don't realize is that Kelly beat Nederland in the fall league by 12 with Ballou at the point for the reasons Win Win pointed out above.  Then Nederland turned around and beat Kelly without Jaylan in the HJ fall Shoot out.. The game last night was there for Nederland to win but they didn't take care of the ball and missed to many free throws, however Kelly earned the win and deserve credit.  They executed better than Nederland and took care of the ball. Kelly has a good team and good coaching. I wish them luck.  Nederland will bounce back and get it going.  

What people don't realize is that Kelly beat Nederland in the fall league by 12 with Ballou at the point for the reasons Win Win pointed out above.  Then Nederland turned around and beat Kelly without Jaylan in the HJ fall Shoot out.. The game last night was there for Nederland to win but they didn't take care of the ball and missed to many free throws, however Kelly earned the win and deserve credit.  They executed better than Nederland and took care of the ball. Kelly has a good team and good coaching. I wish them luck.  Nederland will bounce back and get it going.  

Yall still need Jalen...admit it!!!

If you don't think Jaylan is the best player to run the point for Nederland than idk what to tell you. He started for that group for three years. Obviously Coach English never had a problem with him being the player over others. The player they had running point last night is a great wing/slasher. He is not a point. Kelly's press was really good and well set up and EVERYONE hustled. Nederland did miss a lot of open guys that Jaylan would not have. Nederland didn't have anyone to blow by the Kelly defenders in half court sets. I will say this Kelly is a lot better than I thought they'd be. They will be one of the better teams in SETX this year and next year. All there players fit well together and know where to be at all times. It was fun to watch them play.