Beaumont Kelly 56 Nederland 53/Final

Jaylen is a good player and definitely has the ability to get to the cup. I just don't see him as a point guard and really don't see a drop off with Nederland losing him. It does however hurt their depth. He helped them in the open floor and hurt them in the half court in my opinion.

So let's get this straight, Many on here believe Coach English is one of the Best Coaches in SETX. He has a PG whose his starter for 3 yrs & now he's gone, some of you think Big Ned will be fine?? Not many programs from HS to College to Pros recover quickly losing a key piece of their offense, especially at PG. It's hilarious how once a player is gone the outlook on their performance quickly changes in the eyes of "Experts".   Funny how NONE of this was mentioned while the kid was here. I've watched the kid Blossom for years, had he not gone to Nederland, that program would be worse than it is now. Don't let the few move-ins fool you, one of them is a Cousin of mine.  BTW, since when Nederland has had a player to create his own shot??  Not a knock, just keen observation. SMH

If you don't think Jaylan is the best player to run the point for Nederland than idk what to tell you. He started for that group for three years. Obviously Coach English never had a problem with him being the player over others. The player they had running point last night is a great wing/slasher. He is not a point. Kelly's press was really good and well set up and EVERYONE hustled. Nederland did miss a lot of open guys that Jaylan would not have. Nederland didn't have anyone to blow by the Kelly defenders in half court sets. I will say this Kelly is a lot better than I thought they'd be. They will be one of the better teams in SETX this year and next year. All there players fit well together and know where to be at all times. It was fun to watch them play. 

I've been telling people this.  

Kudos to winwin, Mamba, and whoever else has worked with the Richard kid.  Kid is an animal on the boards.  With his thin frame, you don't expect that but he grabs more than not coming off the rim or glass.  He had a couple of missteps late in the game and I know he was upset.  He was told don't worry about a couple of plays when you kept you team in front the whole game owning the boards.  The block from behind when Miguez tried to dunk on a breakaway was a thing of beauty too. 

Kelly is scary good when they aren't inhibited by size.  What I saw last night was they have come a long way in that aspect.  And I would also point out I didn't see many times on the defensive end that Valsin didn't have one of the Nederland rebounders boxed out.  Trust me when I tell you that has been pounded in his head for a few years now.  He's not the tallest at 6'2" but rarely will there be a game he's in where he's not the strongest.  

So let's get this straight, Many on here believe Coach English is one of the Best Coaches in SETX. He has a PG whose his starter for 3 yrs & now he's gone, some of you think Big Ned will be fine?? Not many programs from HS to College to Pros recover quickly losing a key piece of their offense, especially at PG. It's hilarious how once a player is gone the outlook on their performance quickly changes in the eyes of "Experts".   Funny how NONE of this was mentioned while the kid was here. I've watched the kid Blossom for years, had he not gone to Nederland, that program would be worse than it is now. Don't let the few move-ins fool you, one of them is a Cousin of mine.  BTW, since when Nederland has had a player to create his own shot??  Not a knock, just keen observation. SMH

Unfortunately I'm out of likes.  English IS without question one of the best coaches in SETX and to take a hit like that before the season starts would effect any team at any level.  Not saying Ned won't improve because they will.  But to say he won't be missed is just being dishonest with yourself.  I don't really think anyone at Nederland believes that. 

Now, there is one chink in English's armor that was glaring last night.  Somehow, he has let Kelly outrecruit him in Port Arthur!  Talk about a couple of PGs that would be difference makers at Big Ned!  

I kid my Nederland friends.  I kid...

Once again, just my opinion

Who said he wouldn't be missed?  Did Nederland lose a D-1 player?  Nederland is one of those teams that has players that are really good at certain things.  One's strength is another's weakness, and it all works good when there all together. My point is when you lose a guy who was your PG for 3 years and had good chemistry with his team mates its going to be tough for a while until the new PG is able to adjust.That's all i am saying.. and yes Jalen would still be the PG if he didn't leave. Life would of been good with Jalen and its going to be good without Jalen. 

Who said he wouldn't be missed?  Did Nederland lose a D-1 player?  Nederland is one of those teams that has players that are really good at certain things.  One's strength is another's weakness, and it all works good when there all together. My point is when you lose a guy who was your PG for 3 years and had good chemistry with his team mates its going to be tough for a while until the new PG is able to adjust.That's all i am saying.. and yes Jalen would still be the PG if he didn't leave. Life would of been good with Jalen and its going to be good without Jalen. 

Bingo

just jabbing @ you Coach, I like to get my Nederland buddies in a frenzy. I've heard nothing but good things about Kelly since the summer. Your Son's game has improved greatly, that jumper is nice. Keep up the good work in the summer & at Kelly.  

Oh I know you like to get in those jabs! lol Thanks Coach! :) Sure like our new Cardinal too. Speed kills!