Beaumont Kelly 56 Nederland 53/Final

If you don't think Jaylan is the best player to run the point for Nederland than idk what to tell you. He started for that group for three years. Obviously Coach English never had a problem with him being the player over others. The player they had running point last night is a great wing/slasher. He is not a point. Kelly's press was really good and well set up and EVERYONE hustled. Nederland did miss a lot of open guys that Jaylan would not have. Nederland didn't have anyone to blow by the Kelly defenders in half court sets. I will say this Kelly is a lot better than I thought they'd be. They will be one of the better teams in SETX this year and next year. All there players fit well together and know where to be at all times. It was fun to watch them play. 

Jaylen is a good player and definitely has the ability to get to the cup. I just don't see him as a point guard and really don't see a drop off with Nederland losing him. It does however hurt their depth. He helped them in the open floor and hurt them in the half court in my opinion.

Of course it hurts losing a 3 year starter.  LOL, thats common sense.  He was also their best on ball defender.  That means a lot.  He was capable to breaking the press without much help, able to control tempo, and get them into their offense vs pressure.  You people minimizing the loss of 3 year starter is laughable.  I get being happy for your son's team winning against a quality program and coach.  Congrats.  

Of course it hurts losing a 3 year starter.  LOL, thats common sense.  He was also their best on ball defender.  That means a lot.  He was capable to breaking the press without much help, able to control tempo, and get them into their offense vs pressure.  You people minimizing the loss of 3 year starter is laughable.  I get being happy for your son's team winning against a quality program and coach.  Congrats.  

My analysis has nothing to do with my son or us winning the game. Like I said Jaylen is a good player, but I talk to a lot of people in Nederland  who agree about Jaylen. If Nederland would have won, I would have been happy for them. I coach Jase Miguez and Kevin Howard in the summer and have been around the program for years. I'm speaking strictly from an analysis stand point. 

Jaylan #1( made the game easier) spoon fed a lot players who will have to find their own shot now, #2 (made it less stressful by dealing with the press) Others besides the new point  will also have to absorb some of the ball handling responsibility. The game just got harder for some of them. True point guard or not. He will be missed. The difference won't be in district they are the 3rd place team with or without him.

Edited by Acres53
I Acres53 said the above I was trying to quote a a part of ccsbball statement, I'm new to the site still learning how it works.

Its possible. Mamba coached him too :) 

i had him 7th-9th grade... Always was my best athlete,rebounding,defense were his best attributes... his only setback was his focus & Coach Kraemer helped him in that area...glad to see him doing well over at Kelly all he needed was an opportunity....Also shout out to my guy John Kraemer kid has to be one of the best shooters in SETX hands down although there is a certain kid who might can get him..lollll....but he has come so far & has worked his @$$ off these last 3 yrs. & its paid off..

i had him 7th-9th grade... Always was my best athlete,rebounding,defense were his best attributes... his only setback was his focus & Coach Kraemer helped him in that area...glad to see him doing well over at Kelly all he needed was an opportunity....Also shout out to my guy John Kraemer kid has to be one of the best shooters in SETX hands down although there is a certain kid who might can get him..lollll....but he has come so far & has worked his @$$ off these last 3 yrs. & its paid off..

Yes we would LOVE to have that "certain kid" at Kelly lol. And yes Mamba coached John too. He was coaching him from the stands last night. I give credit where credit is due :) 

Nederland will struggle until they find some sutiable guards who can handle pressure...Kelly realy wasnt aggressive in their press like they couldve been and Nederland threw the ball over the floor... If Miguez is their best player he better step it up this year ....I think Reid will be a big help and Nederland will be competitve but if they arent careful Lumberton might sneak up on them...

They would be deeper with him. Daryl and Adrian are far better shooters. So it depends on what you would use him for. Breaking the press, playing man defense Jaylen is an asset. 

Isn't deeper better? I would think Coach English would know what to do with him more than any of us would, including yourself.

If those guys were better than Jaylen, then they would have been starting ahead of him the last couple of years correct?  It's not all about who can shoot the best from the PG position.  Nederland is a better team WITH Jaylen no doubt.  To think otherwise is naive.  Will they still have a good season without him?  Yes.  

Isn't deeper better? I would think Coach English would know what to do with him more than any of us would, including yourself.

And it has nothing to do with what Coach English would do with him. From a game planning perspective, it made it a little harder for this game. Wont go into details on that for obvious reasons. 

Edited by winwin

If those guys were better than Jaylen, then they would have been starting ahead of him the last couple of years correct?  It's not all about who can shoot the best from the PG position.  Nederland is a better team WITH Jaylen no doubt.  To think otherwise is naive.  Will they still have a good season without him?  Yes.  

if I still had likes I'd like this a million times. Jaylan was there point guard for MC Flight while in junior high then moved to Nederland from Legacy and started for three years with his group. One year on freshman, two on varsity. There is a reason for this. With him they are a completely different team. I know I said they could possibly beat Ozen earlier this year but I don't see it happening as of today. 

Edited by ccsbasketballplayer

Yall still need Jalen...admit it!!!

Never..... LOL    Need is a strong word.  I've seen games where Jalen has helped Nederland and hurt them.  Lets not get it twisted.. He was one of the better players on the team so it's going to effect the chemistry of the team. He did a lot of good things.  When you have a guy who handled the ball for 2 years, it will take some adjusting.  So let's be real, he's not irreplaceable. I think it will be rough at first but the boys and English will figure out whats best.  They will get back on track...

Never..... LOL    Need is a strong word.  I've seen games where Jalen has helped Nederland and hurt them.  Lets not get it twisted.. He was one of the better players on the team so it's going to effect the chemistry of the team. He did a lot of good things.  When you have a guy who handled the ball for 2 years, it will take some adjusting.  So let's be real, he's not irreplaceable. I think it will be rough at first but the boys and English will figure out whats best.  They will get back on track...

And I've seen games where Lebron and Mike J have hurt their teams as well. BUT.....................it is what it is.  Just say this simple sentence, we need Jalen and we gonna miss him. Now, don't you already feel better? Sometimes in life when we let go of certain things, we start to feel better and move on :)