West Orange-Stark 63 Houston Scarborough 0/Final

WOSgrad

Impressions of the game.

I kept counting and always came up with the same number. HS suited up 17 players for the game. They came out in the 2nd half with 15.

Liked their punter. Not much good for throwing a surprise pass on 4th down, but he could really kick the ball. Probably good enough to play for some really serious teams. Of course he obviously gets lots of game experience.

Off the field their little pep squad had plenty of spirit. Kept cheering their team on all through the 1st half.

The paper the Stangs Bust threw the start of the Game read. PLAYOFFS???? THIS IS PRACTICE! What I looked for was to see if The Stang's would come out a little sluggish. After the bye week and the circumstances that took place last week. An oh my they came out hitting on all cylinders. The 1st Team  Offense ran a total of 6 play and had 4Td's. The starters was pull with 5 mintues in the 1st Quarter.....smh......JD3 was 2-2 97yard 2Td's. I know it was Scarborough and it was practice....But I felt CT and Staff done a great job at working on the things that needed to be worked on, and didn't show to much for next week opponents... While doing that he also showed  Great Sportsmanship  bye not running up the score. I say that to say this UIL should NEVER EVER again let games like this take place, but then again it about the Almight Dollar. I looks at this game as a Trap Game for Injuries. King Turner left the game with a knee injury but it seems as if it only a bruised knee, aleast that's what I was told.

Edited by Kj Dad

The paper the Stangs Bust threw the start of the Game read. PLAYOFFS???? THIS IS PRACTICE! What I looked for was to see if The Stang's would come out a little sluggish. After the bye week and the circumstances that took place last week. An oh my they came out hitting on all cylinders. The 1st Team  Offense ran a total of 6 play and had 4Td's. The starters was pull with 5 mintues in the 1st Quarter.....smh......JD3 was 2-2 97yard 2Td's. I know it was Scarborough and it was practice....But I felt CT and Staff done a great job at working on the things that needed to be worked on, and didn't show to much for next week opponents... While doing that he also showed  Great Sportsmanship  bye not running up the score. I say that to say this UIL should NEVER EVER again let games like this take place, but then again it about the Almight Dollar. I looks at this game as a Trap Game for Injuries. King Turner left the game with a knee injury but it seems as if it only a bruised knee, aleast that's what I was told.

exactly,  all I can say is good job WOS can't really bring myself to say good win because of the situation! Now get ready for the true playoffs!

Scarborough had -33 total yards. Come on UIL, i understand its all about money. But i hope some of the board members attended this game. To see what alot of us Mustangs Fans or fussing about. I feel really bad for those kids that played for Scarbrough. Seems to me the only support system Scarbrough have is The UIL. Last year they had 6 fans at the game and this year they had about 10 to 11 fans at the game. (10 to 11 fans might be pushing it)  Now tell me how that look? (No Support System at all) But those kids at Scarbrough get the upmost RESPECT from me . Scarborough played there heart out and never lost there composure doing dirty tactics.  Scarborough played a clean game.

Edited by Kj Dad

Scarborough had -33 total yards. Come on UIL, i understand its all about money. But i hope some of the board members attended this game. To see what alot of us Mustangs Fans or fussing about. I feel really bad for those kids that played for Scarbrough. Seems to me the only support system Scarbrough have is The UIL. Last year they had 6 fans at the game and this year they had about 10 to 11 fans at the game. (10 to 11 fans might be pushing it)  Now tell me how that look? (No Support System at all) But those kids at Scarbrough get the upmost RESPECT from me . Scarborough played there heart out and never lost there composure doing dirty tactics.  Scarborough played a clean game.

Good analysis Kj Dad, we can only hope that UIL will take a look at their balance sysytems and conclude that there is something un-blanced about promoting a team with only 0-1 wins in a season into a playoff situation where teams are more than likely going to humiliate them. That just does not sound fair, nor is it good for building morale. 

Good analysis Kj Dad, we can only hope that UIL will take a look at their balance sysytems and conclude that there is something un-blanced about promoting a team with only 0-1 wins in a season into a playoff situation where teams are more than likely going to humiliate them. That just does not sound fair, nor is it good for building morale. 

Well, let's be fair to the UIL.  They are somewhat culpable in increasing the # of teams that advance to the playoffs (from 3 to 4).  However, they were not alone in creating this mess.  After the UIL announced its realignment in February of 2015, 10-4A-II had 5 schools, La Marque, Worthing, Kashmere, Scarborough and Jones.  Then comes HISD in the summer of 2014 and closes down Jones which left them with a 4 team district.

Had the TEA held fast on its intention to close the La Marque ISD last year rather than delay it to the end of this year, it would have been a 3 team district and left WO-S with a 1st round bye and preparing for either Wharton or La Grange with an intrasquad scrimmage (which, quite frankly, would have provided the WO-S starters with a lot more quality work).

Well, let's be fair to the UIL.  They are somewhat culpable in increasing the # of teams that advance to the playoffs (from 3 to 4).  However, they were not alone in creating this mess.  After the UIL announced its realignment in February of 2015, 10-4A-II had 5 schools, La Marque, Worthing, Kashmere, Scarborough and Jones.  Then comes HISD in the summer of 2014 and closes down Jones which left them with a 4 team district.

Had the TEA held fast on its intention to close the La Marque ISD last year rather than delay it to the end of this year, it would have been a 3 team district and left WO-S with a 1st round bye and preparing for either Wharton or La Grange with an intrasquad scrimmage (which, quite frankly, would have provided the WO-S starters with a lot more quality work).

Sounds right Grad, no one can forsee the future, however, limiting districts to the 2 top teams will make the playoff rounds always woked in the past, however, I understand the logic of letting teams who may not get a opportunity to play in the playoff have some experience at making the playoffs. I always beleive that 4 teams in the first round is too many but it's just IMO.