PN-G INDIANS vs Dayton BRONCOS

Stattrax

IMO I do not think that defense will be the issue.. Even in our losses this year we did not give up a ton of points. The matchup issue will be on the other side of the ball. When our offense struggles it is against a physical defense.. A good analogy would be a Baylor offense vs a Alabama defense.. Usually the finesse offense struggles unless it can jump out on top and stay in rhythm. Offense off the field equates to defense on the field.. Note that in our 2 losses, we played physical defenses that knock you around.. Usually what happens is that the offense sputters and cannot get going until the latter part of the game when the defense finally wears down a little.. I can promise all of you one thing... I have watched Dayton and Crosby.. LIVE... They are playing at a different speed.. It will take our best effort to beat Dayton.. I am in no way saying we cant do it, however, we will need our best performance of the year.. We will also need to stay balanced.. Pound the rock to open up the passing game, and play sound defensively... Keep the penalties down, stay away from gimmick plays, make good snaps, and play Indian football........ Dayton is beatable, but we need our "A" game.. If we bring our "A" game, we WIN, if we come with anything but that, we lose... Its simple... Dayton will be geared up to stop the pass.... Its all about Xs and Os.... Should be a interesting game... Comparing stats are useless at this point of the season.. Our Co- DC has played both and we know the outcome.... But if anyone can get out of the first round, PN-G can.... We have the team to do it... We just need to have that "A" game..........

Edited by Stattrax

Guess dogging was a term I shouldn't have used, maybe underestimating is more like it. They have shut down several great running backs this season. Calvin Tyler who set single season rush mark at Ozen this year, PNG held him to under 100. Whaley had 119 and 1 touchdown. Those are just off the top of my head. So really I think its more can Dayton move the ball against PNG more than can PNG stop Dayton. 

Our Defense will do what they have to do to keep us in the game..not even worried about that. Burden will be on the Offense. O line has to protect Morse so he can do what he's got to do and WR's have to catch everything. We have the team to get over this hump. Just hope we're not brainwashed into thinking we can't do it. 

This is the hidden content, please

•  

• Records
      OverallDistrictHomeAway
      7-36-24-23-1
    • Win %District %PFPA
    • Rankings
      Nat.TXRegionState Div.
  •  
    • Records
      OverallDistrictHomeAwayNeutral
      8-26-12-25-01-0
    • Win %District %PFPA
    • Rankings
      Nat.TXRegionState Div.

Central does have the best running back in the area and Vidor went into the game averaging 441 rushing yards a game so down playing those two things is quite dumb too.

It's probably a mistake to compare anything Vidor's players can do to what Dayton's players can do. I highly doubt Vidor came into that game with nearly 4000 rushing yards either. 

Nobody is saying PNG doesn't have a good defense, but you need a much better game plan than coming in with the idea you're going to stop Dayton's offense. Dayton is averaging 495ypg and about 40ppg on teams not named Channelview and Crosby this year. 

What 4 offenses on PNG's schedule are as good as CV, Crosby, New Caney and King? I would say even Kingwood Park's offense is about what Ned's is. Where does Ned's offense rank in 22-5A? If you add Nederland to that mix you're talking about 6 good offenses out of 10 teams on their schedule. PNG also hasn't had to face the caliber of players Dayton has. 

PNG will need every bit of 40 in this one, if that's even enough. 

Did I compare Vidor to Dayton one time? Vidor did have over 4000 yards rushing coming into game and two rushers with over 1,000 and another near it. You can't discount that simply because they don't play in your 21-5A. 

Talk all you want but Nederland does have a guy named Krautz and I'd put him among the areas best. PNG played West Orange Stark so there is another solid team too they have face but you will point to the fact they lost that one so why should I bother?

All I'm pointing out is I think PNGs defense will be fine in the game. 

Guess dogging was a term I shouldn't have used, maybe underestimating is more like it. They have shut down several great running backs this season. Calvin Tyler who set single season rush mark at Ozen this year, PNG held him to under 100. Whaley had 119 and 1 touchdown. Those are just off the top of my head. So really I think its more can Dayton move the ball against PNG more than can PNG stop Dayton. 

trust me moving the ball won't be a problem