PN-G INDIANS vs Dayton BRONCOS

Stattrax

Who's has the best D in 21 5A? Looking at the scores it looks like Crosby. Dayton has given up some points. Looks like a few teams have given up some points. 

I'm a homer, but I can easily say that Crosby is by far the best defense in the district.  I'd say 40% - 50% of all points scored on the Cougars were vs back ups once the game was in control.  Even so let's ponder these stats vs playoff bound opponents:

Opponent - Opponents score vs Coogs / Opponents Lowest Score of the Year / Opponents Avg Score vs other teams not called Crosby

Nederland - 18 / 14 / 39.1

Angleton - 0 / 0 / 32.7

Dayton - 20 / 20 / 39.8

New Caney - 35 / 22 / 44.0

CE King - 12 / 12 / 41.9

Red indicates that the Cougars held this opponent to their lowest point total of the year.  So Crosby achieved this vs 3 of the 5 playoff teams we've faced and was close to doing so vs Nederland.

Oh and after watching North Shore Friday, my vote for them as No. 1 was even more backed up.

North Shore is one of the favorites to win the region in 6A-D1, it's not exactly string theory you're laying out right there. I'm done with the rankings, we won all 10, put us where you please. 

That 0 in the loss column backed up the other 9 voters. 

Both teams have the potential to win. Who ever comes in and does shoot themselves in the foot will win. Dayton has probably been more consistent in not giving up the ball or penalties this year. PNG, not so much. PNG, if they play mistake free, will move the ball as they want. We have had mental break downs this year that has hurt us. Our defense is playing good physical football coming into this game and we are pretty good in the red zone against offenses. I'm with Strattax, no gimmick plays unless absolutely necessary.

I have to much respect for Dayton to get in this conversation. All I will say is good luck to you guys. ALways a class act it it doesnt go unnoticed by me. Thanks for making SETexas a better football area. I always look forward to the challenges of playin the Broncos. The uniforms of Dayton are also an appealing color in my book!!! Good Luck bRONCOS.

Go Indians!!!!

For all the grief I give Crosby I have to tip my hat to them. I will straight up be honest I have had doubt all season about the validity of your team and still have some doubts but I can say that you finally played last week like a team boud for a deep playoff run. You can say all the facts that you want but last week was the first game that shouted out We Belong. So Congrats on that and good luck if you get by Lumberton.

Questions to the PNG fans: Who do they consider to be the best team they've been on the field with all season? Where would Dayton rank in that mix? 

IMO, the best team we have been on the field with is ourselves...... If we do not self destruct I see us close to equals with Dayton...

IMO, the best team we have been on the field with is ourselves...... If we do not self destruct I see us close to equals with Dayton...

WOS is the weakest I have seen in years, And no one in The district really impressed me.. Honestly we show glimpses of being a quality team, but we have not put it together 4 quarters all year... You can see by the fact of Lumperton getting in the playoffs that the district is down as a whole... Both Nederland and WOS play physical defense, and it kills our finesse offense... Take it for what it's worth, but it's the truth.....

WOS is the weakest I have seen in years, And no one in The district really impressed me.. Honestly we show glimpses of being a quality team, but we have not put it together 4 quarters all year... You can see by the fact of Lumperton getting in the playoffs that the district is down as a whole... Both Nederland and WOS play physical defense, and it kills our finesse offense... Take it for what it's worth, but it's the truth.....

No disrespect to any of the teams in the district... But it's just my opinion...