*POST SCRIMMAGE RESULTS HERE*

One thing I will say as far as our two freshman is that even though they have all the talent and have been playing against older competition,  varsity ball is different.  Can and will they adjust to it,  yes and it should be quicker than most,  but their will be growing pains and we all need to know its coming.

Adams is very solid and was easily the best player in his class at BISD.  Devon may be the best PG at Silsbee right now (and in the district) and has a chance to be the best player in the history of the school.  He has to keep working but he is that kind of talent.  Keep in mind he has been playing against players 2 to 3 years older than him (and producing) his whole life.  And of course, they do have the guy who is probably their overall best player (Grubbs) with them right now.  

I am not saying the players they are missing will not help.  They will.  But there is a reason their results today were very impressive.   They are fielding a team without the football players that is very, very good.  Whsalum raises the point that is a good one and that has been discussed before.  Finding the right balance with depth of this kind (which is almost unheard of at this level) is going to be key.  The good news for Tiger fans is you have a coach in Sigler who is used to managing a deep bench.  It just got a lot deeper this year though. 

If you were to take the best 5 players currently playing football vs the 5 currently playing basketball, it would be one heck of a good game. Going to be a fun season. 

Edited by DXTR

You will never convince me that those two freshmen (as good as they are) are close to making up for the 5-7 players Silsbee will be getting once football is over, particularly in the varsity experience department.

But that's just my opinion. Like it was stated earlier, the players out represent the bulk of the rebounding and defense along with scoring. Lil McCain and Adams do not bring that to the table, yet.

VERY accurate statement here.. 

Now, don't get it twisted, Adams and D. McCain can adjust, but how long will it takes?  Depends on the player...  Barnes adjusted really fast last year and was one of the first off the bench.

Work hard, Fish.  

What some don't get is that these two won't be seeing talent greater than what they've already played against, with the exception of the Central game and maybe another tournament game or two. McCain would be in the rotation for ANY team in this area right now.  

The scrimmage board has really been quiet. Did we not have a full schedule of scrimmages ? Come on folks it's time for some hoops !!

The scrimmage board has really been quiet. Did we not have a full schedule of scrimmages ? Come on folks it's time for some hoops !!

Everyone scrimmaged yesterday. Not sure why folks have not posted any results or comments. I have not heard of any other results.

Football still has everyone's attention.

I would like to get a break down of Big Sandy, Spurger and any other schools that don't play football as well as those who's football teams were already eliminated. It has been to quiet.

Scrimmages Monday night in Nederland:

4:30 - Big Sandy vs Kelly (Time may change)

5:10 - Nederland vs LCM

5:50 - LCM vs Kelly

6:30 - Big Sandy vs Nederland

how many will kelly be missing? And what are the rules? 16 minute halves?

15 minute halves. Running clock. Only starter missing because of football is Jomard Valsin. We have two other players that will contribute after football season ends. 

Edited by winwin