CAUTION - Nissan Silsbee

thetragichippy

I will post an update Monday after someone speaks with the owner, but here are the facts as it happened. 

An older gentleman purchased a 2015 Nissan Frontier, SV trim package, with 6023 miles on it, marked used by the dealer for a base price of $32,949.00.  After taxes, fee's, a warranty and GAP (which he REALLY needed), he financed $38,929.70.  I was about to look up KBB when he hands me the window sticker that was in the glove compartment. The original window sticker had a MSRP of $24,630 + 135.00 (floor mats) and $865.00(destination charge) for a total of $25,650.

He had no trade in, so it was not like he was upside down on a trade in. My question for Nissan,(and probably his attorney's) is how can a used vehicle with 6K miles, be worth $7,299 more than when it was brand new? What is included in that base price. 

Now opinion:

My personal opinion is they took advantage of this 80+ year old man who was hard of hearing. 

I will post an update Monday after someone speaks with the owner, but here are the facts as it happened. 

An older gentleman purchased a 2015 Nissan Frontier, SV trim package, with 6023 miles on it, marked used by the dealer for a base price of $32,949.00.  After taxes, fee's, a warranty and GAP (which he REALLY needed), he financed $38,929.70.  I was about to look up KBB when he hands me the window sticker that was in the glove compartment. The original window sticker had a MSRP of $24,630 + 135.00 (floor mats) and $865.00(destination charge) for a total of $25,650.

He had no trade in, so it was not like he was upside down on a trade in. My question for Nissan,(and probably his attorney's) is how can a used vehicle with 6K miles, be worth $7,299 more than when it was brand new? What is included in that base price. 

Now opinion:

My personal opinion is they took advantage of this 80+ year old man who was hard of hearing. 

Making deals the Silsssssssssbee Way?!!

Making deals the Silsssssssssbee Way?!

When you consider he should of paid AT LEAST $2500.00 below original sticker on a used vehicle that new, they got him for about $10,000.......plus it appears there were 2 $500.00 incentives they kept and did not tell him about.  I could not find in the paperwork they were used. 

Sure hope there's a better explanation/senario about this.  I'd really hate to think they took advantage of an 80+ year old person (that was hard of hearing).  As technology leapfrogs at a constantly faster rate, I know from experience that some/many older folks are having to trust others for how/what/where, and taking advantage of that makes my rattlers start up. 

Now opinion:

Now opinion:

definitely something very fishy about that.  I just got into a brand new 2016 toyota tundra with some bells and whistles and financed for the exact amount (within $100-$200), albeit with $2000 in trade.  I find it hard to believe that a moderately loaded 2016 Toyota Tundra with 8 miles on it is only worth $2000 more than a 2015 Nissan mid-size truck with 6000 miles on it.

definitely something very fishy about that.  I just got into a brand new 2016 toyota tundra with some bells and whistles and financed for the exact amount (within $100-$200), albeit with $2000 in trade.  I find it hard to believe that a moderately loaded 2016 Toyota Tundra with 8 miles on it is only worth $2000 more than a 2015 Nissan mid-size truck with 6000 miles on it.

I'm waiting for the gentleman to come by and tell me the outcome. They screwed up when they left the original window sticker in the used vehicle. 

You will not be disappointed on your Tundra. I really miss mine!! The only negative I can say about that truck is it LOVES gas......

Now opinion:

I have a sneaking suspicion which Silsbee dealership did this, if it is the same one that I went around with about 10 years ago.