Silsbee Basketball

kr1171

I have been lurking these forums for about 3 years now, and every now and then a topic will be brought up about how Silsbee will win State titles very soon (of course that was before D1 players fell in Bridgeport's lap). Now, i started seeing posts around 2 years ago regarding the incoming talent pool of Silsbee, and from what I can gather there are 2 current Freshman that are apparently amazing prospects?? I say that as a question because I know very little about these guys, or if I am even right about there being 2 young men? Maybe it is 1 Lebron-esque talent guy?? Heck, I have not even seen their names, so I don't know who to watch for when i check out local games.  Could someone fill me in on some details?  It just seems crazy to me that some people guarantee state titles on the shoulders of Freshmen...

I have been lurking these forums for about 3 years now, and every now and then a topic will be brought up about how Silsbee will win State titles very soon (of course that was before D1 players fell in Bridgeport's lap). Now, i started seeing posts around 2 years ago regarding the incoming talent pool of Silsbee, and from what I can gather there are 2 current Freshman that are apparently amazing prospects?? I say that as a question because I know very little about these guys, or if I am even right about there being 2 young men? Maybe it is 1 Lebron-esque talent guy?? Heck, I have not even seen their names, so I don't know who to watch for when i check out local games.  Could someone fill me in on some details?  It just seems crazy to me that some people guarantee state titles on the shoulders of Freshmen...

Well, if you have been lurking for 3 yrs you ought to know that there has been so much smoke blown on these topics, that the setxsports would be charged for air pollution.:)

Silsbee has a good chance to make it to state this yr. I am not saying they will win it all, because there are some pretty good teams that they will have to get through.

Edited by Pepper Brooks

Watched Silsbee play 3 times last year, and was impressed the depth of talent they had. A lot of their talent was just young and inexperienced, but I also had the opportunity to watch Bridgeport in person, twice...Silsbee can make a run to San Antonio, but I don't think anyone will beat that Bridgeport team! (But no one thought Plano West would have any competition, and look what happened)!