Can The Bulldogs Pull It Off, Undefeated District Champs?

godawggo

Who knows if we can win out. Only time will tell. Some on here that say we can't have already been spanked. I know it gets frustrating that every year is supposed to be the year that Vidor and ping and central are supposed to beat us and they don't. Gcm has the ability to beat us if they play a perfect game.  Lumberton and Lee can do it also. That is the beauty of having to play the game, to see who wins. Now for central Vidor and png, they will get over these hurt feelings and forget how bad it sucked to lose again and predict that Nederland will not win next year for some reason. I love that kind of talk. It amazes me that we have won district for god knows how long and we are still the underdog in some games. I think people are starting to realize that we may lose early, but starting the year 0-2 vs 2 good teams gets us ready for the dist we play in. I hope we win the last 3 and I fully expect to, but it felt good winning against the teams who thought they were gonna win this year

Who knows if we can win out. Only time will tell. Some on here that say we can't have already been spanked. I know it gets frustrating that every year is supposed to be the year that Vidor and ping and central are supposed to beat us and they don't. Gcm has the ability to beat us if they play a perfect game.  Lumberton and Lee can do it also. That is the beauty of having to play the game, to see who wins. Now for central Vidor and png, they will get over these hurt feelings and forget how bad it sucked to lose again and predict that Nederland will not win next year for some reason. I love that kind of talk. It amazes me that we have won district for god knows how long and we are still the underdog in some games. I think people are starting to realize that we may lose early, but starting the year 0-2 vs 2 good teams gets us ready for the dist we play in. I hope we win the last 3 and I fully expect to, but it felt good winning against the teams who thought they were gonna win this year

I'm Offended. Who the heck is "ping"? A new rival?

Where in this thread did a Jaguar fan show hurt feelings?  If anything we have showed support for the Bulldogs...

1.  Here are truths..   up untill a couple of years ago, the only team keeping your district above water was Dayton.  

2.  Vidor took you to the woodshed.  They aren't/wasn't known as a powerhouse

3.  You are 0fer vs. Central

4.  If you lose before making the title game, your season was a failure.

5.  When your talent dries up again, your coach will take that next 6a job.  What will you do?

6.  You struggled with Humble.

1.  Fair statement.  Crosby regularly struggled to get past the second round.  But this is Riordan's 4th year.  38-8 Record.  State-Semi's.  #2 Ranking

2.  They did.  There was no excuse for that loss.  Would love the football gods to allow us to draw them in the playoffs again.

3.  I'll take your word on it.

4.  Says a lot about how highly you think of the Crosby program right now.  Thank you.

5.  No signs of the talent drying up.  Hope Riordan stays in Crosby but if he leaves we will hire another coach.

6.  That's just a ridiculous statement.  I believe it was 26-0 at half.  Starters played about 5 minutes of the second half.

Your post was simply poor.

My apologies for commenting about Crosby in the Nederland thread.  I'll back out now.  Just had to respond to the ridiculousness.

Edited by Red Dawn

While everyone on both sides of the river has probably gotten better , some of our teams were very young with lots of ? s , now answered . So none of your district has shown us anything we are afraid of and it's quite possible in a few weeks we will show up to play and see how much you improved . I've searched all over -    but there's just not any FEAR over here . Everyone  , whoever that  may be is. eager to line em up and see what  you got . Oh yeah - leave the stats/ rankings / press clippings and all that home because we are gonna see what you bring anyway , got to show us not tell us . I for one hope Ned / Crosby could play  again but probably not ! Someday you will understand we don't have the same value for non district games and their results  as you do when we are trying to build a team . There have been years when we had a lot of people back (like you ) and we worried about rankings , wins etc . but most of the time for most teams Ned games are glorified scrimmages . So lets get it on !

1.  Fair statement.  Crosby regularly struggled to get past the second round.  But this is Riordan's 4th year.  38-8 Record.  State-Semi's.  #2 Ranking

2.  They did.  There was no excuse for that loss.  Would love the football gods to allow us to draw them in the playoffs again.

3.  I'll take your word on it.

4.  Says a lot about how highly you think of the Crosby program right now.  Thank you.

5.  No signs of the talent drying up.  Hope Riordan stays in Crosby but if he leaves we will hire another coach.

6.  That's just a ridiculous statement.  I believe it was 26-0 at half.  Starters played about 5 minutes of the second half.

Your post was simply poor.

My apologies for commenting about Crosby in the Nederland thread.  I'll back out now.  Just had to respond to the ridiculousness.

Ridiculousness, huh?  ...but you agreed to most of it.  Obviously it's not that ridiculous.  

the Dogs can do it, but plenty of work left to do, beginning this Friday night against Lee...we all know how GCM snuck up on the Dogs last year and ended the unbeaten streak and Lumberton gave Nederland quite a battle last year, more so than the score indicates...I am pulling for it and hoping for it, but taking nothing for granted