Ozen Shootout Oct.17,2015 (Ozen High School)

Mamba

Be logical TxHoops if Ozen lost 3 what did Central lose? . Lets see for one their best perimeter defender Jacquet,their best Shooter in Guillory,last but not least their DOG and if ANYBODY knows basketball knows DOMINIQUE HARRISON was just that. That is hard to replace TxHoops. if you watched Ozens game which you didnt theyve NEVER been a good rebounding team, theyve gotten timely rebounds. DOVE can attest to this. Like i said what coach wouldnt want a lineup of Sneed,Comeaux,Boyd,Gipson,Pierre as well as Espree,Pearson,Phillips,Atwood,Vallier. I know your a huge Central supporter and vice versa for me. But i do like to state facts and your not being factual right now imo. Last 4 yrs i think its bout even in the game wins between them so much for that dominant talent. Actually the largest margin of victory has only been 8.

Be logical TxHoops if Ozen lost 3 what did Central lose? . Lets see for one their best perimeter defender Jacquet,their best Shooter in Guillory,last but not least their DOG and if ANYBODY knows basketball knows DOMINIQUE HARRISON was just that. That is hard to replace TxHoops. if you watched Ozens game which you didnt theyve NEVER been a good rebounding team, theyve gotten timely rebounds. DOVE can attest to this. Like i said what coach wouldnt want a lineup of Sneed,Comeaux,Boyd,Gipson,Pierre as well as Espree,Pearson,Phillips,Atwood,Vallier. I know your a huge Central supporter and vice versa for me. But i do like to state facts and your not being factual right now imo. Last 4 yrs i think its bout even in the game wins between them so much for that dominant talent. Actually the largest margin of victory has only been 8.

not a huge central fan.  I think I'm more of an impartial observer.  And I've seen plenty of Ozen games.  This is the weakest team they've had in a while.  

Central also lost Morris.  But they have 2 of their best 3 players back with a good supporting cast.  Losing Hunter is going to be tougher than you guys seem to want to admit.  He single handedly kept you guys in the game a couple of times last year.  

But we will see who is right soon.  Ball will be up in the air in a couple of weeks and the Panthers' ranking will be falling faster than Enron stock. 

not a huge central fan.  I think I'm more of an impartial observer.  And I've seen plenty of Ozen games.  This is the weakest team they've had in a while.  

Central also lost Morris.  But they have 2 of their best 3 players back with a good supporting cast.  Losing Hunter is going to be tougher than you guys seem to want to admit.  He single handedly kept you guys in the game a couple of times last year.  

But we will see who is right soon.  Ball will be up in the air in a couple of weeks and the Panthers' ranking will be falling faster than Enron stock. 

Popcorn break?

No need for a popcorn break SOULJA its the same every year... Whats funny is Weak team or not it always seems as if Ozen finds a way to be right there... Ive never seen a down year at Ozen honestly some might question the so called talent level but think about it if your varsity had good players then the younger ones would have to wait just cause ppl dont know their names or havent seen them play doesnt mean the talent isnt there its all about pieces and how they fit... Central has the same ? Marks as everyone else who besides the two you know will step up...while Jordan had a memorizing game against Central in the ymbl i dont agree with you saying he SINGLE-HANDEDLY kept them in every game i would say last year it was more of a team effort im sure Dove would agree.. That is how they made it to state sir ...TEAM EFFORT...and your right i didnt even factor in Seniguar defensively or Morris the glue guy because they took him out the lineup in favor of Atwood... So they pretty much lost (6) wayyyyyy more than Ozen(3) but somehow you say Ozen losing Hunter will leave hurt them more. In my Chris Carter voice"C'MON MAN" lol

All right man.  I know that kool aid is tasty.  

I really, really wish Silsbee was playing Ozen this year instead of the other 2 Beaumont schools.  Since Ozen just reloads, see if you can get them on the schedule next year.  I will even lay a couple of points with the Tigers...

Sigler tried, but was turned down twice. Not sure why Ozen decided not to play Silsbee last year and this year.

They are scrimmaging though but both teams will most likely be without some key players, particularly Silsbee.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

Sigler tried, but was turned down twice. Not sure why Ozen decided not to play Silsbee last year and this year.

They are scrimmaging though but both teams will most likely be without some key players, particularly Silsbee.

I kind of assumed.  Just based on the fact he obviously tries to put together as challenging a schedule as he can.  I will also bet he won't get a "yes" for the next few years anyway.  For obvious reasons...

A lot of times, the schedule just doesnt work out. I personally contacted every school in the area for our open dates, but most either already had games scheduled or had a game the following day. I would like to see a Silsbee vs Ozen game. Would be a very high scoring game

I believe Parquet was hampered with a bad back yesterday, I wasn't there but I think he missed the last ball game. I know he is a gamer and if he takes a back seat it is probably going to be to get someone else involved. I watched him a lot last year and the brighter the lights the better he played. Gonna be a fun year , I'm ready for some hoops :)

I believe Parquet was hampered with a bad back yesterday, I wasn't there but I think he missed the last ball game. I know he is a gamer and if he takes a back seat it is probably going to be to get someone else involved. I watched him a lot last year and the brighter the lights the better he played. Gonna be a fun year , I'm ready for some hoops :)

You are right.  When the time comes, Parquet will not be taking a back seat.

Im not the coach and i dont have a dog in the fight but I can mention it im sure the kids would love to play against each other 

A Pre-season top 5 ranked 6A and a top 10 ranked 5A have been wanting a piece of each other since summer ball = Call out game to be settled at the TX Jamboree.

Ozen and Silsbee are both scheduled to participate, if Rick Nelson matched them up who would have "Duck" for thanksgiving ?

A Pre-season top 5 ranked 6A and a top 10 ranked 5A have been wanting a piece of each other since summer ball = Call out game to be settled at the TX Jamboree.

Ozen and Silsbee are both scheduled to participate, if Rick Nelson matched them up who would have "Duck" for thanksgiving ?

I cannot remember what team is scheduled to play Silsbee in Texas Jamboree but I know it is not Ozen. It is a Houston area school.

Herr is what worries me about Silsbee basketball. Not the 1st time they have come into a season this hyped up. When you are ranked that high everyone is coming yo kick your but. You have to give it 100% every game. I really hope history doesn't repeat itself with this much talent. Fans have always blamed Sigler for not getting to state but coaches coach and players play. If they wanna be the best, their gonna have to treat every game like the state championship. If the young McCain wants to be considered one f the best in the state it starts at practice and is proved during thr game. Offense and defense!

Edited by BADSANTA

Where did Dominique Harrison go....he wasn't a senior last year?

Big difference between last year and this year.  Ozen lost 3 huge pieces, including their inside presences.  Central lost one of it's best 3.  Ozen will get killed against any team with size and physicality.  Soft as charmin inside.

But again, we shall see.  I just can't see Ozen making any kind of a deep run in the playoffs.  They may keep the Central games closer than they should be but they aren't nearly the same team.  I've been wrong before so who knows.  I will only tell you I told you so a half dozen times or so, though.  I promise.

Some schools have good teams and some schools have good programs. I'll take Ozens program compared to a good team here and there. Some how Ozen seems to find away to develop their ball players into solid contributors to there yearly success. The arrival of a few football players should add some savy and toughness to this group, besides they do have Boyd who will definitely be the difference maker of the group! JMO