Ozen Shootout Oct.17,2015 (Ozen High School)

Mamba

Todays assessment of the teams,

Ozen played pretty good today they are beginning to find a groove,still need some shooters and rebounders but im sure they'll address it ,those players off the field will take care of that.

West Brook needs some REBOUNDERS & BALLHANLDERS ASAP as a matter of fact anyone who can score with no Rodney or Jaquan they have to find someone. 

Silsbee young guys played very well today when those players off the field come theyll will be hard to deal with. D.McCain needs to stop playing cool imo and go get it. Of course Tre Grubbs is my fav but i wanna see him get more aggresive.

Central has a lot of length and they are very aggressive on both ends of the floor .Still dont have a true pg .Would like to see the C.Rice Jr. kid at point some i think he would be a solid fit. Overall they have that pit bull mentality gotta love it. 

HJ is always gonna be a tough opponent Zubrek and Saladin can shoot the leather off the ball. Would like to see Parquet do more i know he is capable but takes a back seat sometimes. Still think they are lacking a pg though.

Memorial will be very young this year & they will take their bumps and bruises. Wouldnt sleep on them because they can creep up and bite you if tou take them for granted. Central didnt take that chance :)

Kelly played solid with only 6 players and no height imagine if they had at least 2 bigs they would be pretty scary. They move the ball great and play decrnt defense . Dont sleep on them when everyone gets there.

FallBrook i was expecting more of since they have 3 top ranked players in the state in the classes 2017&2018.But being that their coach just got there learning and entirely new system its gonna take time for them to gel. Jacobi Gordon will be a good one.

North Shore is tough they have a good mix and when their football players get there it will only add to it. Their guard play is a little erractic not smooth like in past years but im sure Coach Green will have them ready they have some athletic bigs who can run the floor . Dont count them out.

I do think Central is beatable they are not just head and shoulders above everyone else . Winning District wont be a cake walk as some think.Ozen and Central starting 5 is a draw imo(Pearson,Atwood,Vallier,Phillips,Espree)( Pierre,Gipson,Boyd,Comeaux,Sneed). Game will be won with the bench and i honestly think thats about even.

I do think Central is beatable they are not just head and shoulders above everyone else . Winning District wont be a cake walk as some think.Ozen and Central starting 5 is a draw imo(Pearson,Atwood,Vallier,Phillips,Espree)( Pierre,Gipson,Boyd,Comeaux,Sneed). Game will be won with the bench and i honestly think thats about even.

I think if it's close, it's because it's a big rivalry.  Talent level is on a different plane.  Central has a real shot to get to State.  Ozen isn't one of the top 5 teams in the region IMO.  Not sure they would be second in district, much less the State, without a recent move out from Nederland.  I know you believe in those kids but I just don't see it.  At all. 

I mean everyone is entitled to their "opinion" but no the talent level isnt on another plane ...lol...whats funny is every year ppl say the same thing and the outcome never changes. Sometimes you have to see past rhe smoke and mirrors . so the so called talent level disparity goes out the window when those two schools only sent two players to D1(last yr) the same wil be said this year because Boyd will go to NorthWestern St and Comeaux will sign somewhere as well. with TJ to Lamar and Nigal to Tx St.

I mean everyone is entitled to their "opinion" but no the talent level isnt on another plane ...lol...whats funny is every year ppl say the same thing and the outcome never changes. Sometimes you have to see past rhe smoke and mirrors . so the so called talent level disparity goes out the window when those two schools only sent two players to D1(last yr) the same wil be said this year because Boyd will go to NorthWestern St and Comeaux will sign somewhere as well. with TJ to Lamar and Nigal to Tx St.

Big difference between last year and this year.  Ozen lost 3 huge pieces, including their inside presences.  Central lost one of it's best 3.  Ozen will get killed against any team with size and physicality.  Soft as charmin inside.

But again, we shall see.  I just can't see Ozen making any kind of a deep run in the playoffs.  They may keep the Central games closer than they should be but they aren't nearly the same team.  I've been wrong before so who knows.  I will only tell you I told you so a half dozen times or so, though.  I promise.