Hardin Jefferson Basketball

BADSANTA

All kidding aside, HJ - Silsbee should be highly competitive again this year.  HJ has one advantage of having their key players all together early giving them a leg up there.  Silsbee has a ton of vital components who also play football and will likely be in the playoffs.  A deep run could put the Tigers behind.  If they bow out early, it won't be much of a factor IMO.  Either way, with the schedule Coach Sigler puts together, it will be baptism by fire and they should be ready for district.  I expect two close games that could go either way.  When the coaching is good on both benches (and it no doubt is here) that more often than not results in a split.  Which would give us another thread to discuss if they will play a tiebreaker and why or why not.  And if that is a good choice.  Ok, getting too far ahead of myself here...

Looks like I have more deleting to do.Enough with the Silsbee talk on this thread. Back to HJ basketball.

Hey that was HJ related!  I was explaining why I think it's a dead heat this year.  And it's not like HJ fans don't get on other team's threads and discuss the Hawks.  Both fan bases have a habit of it.  But that's part of what makes it one of the best (if not the best) basketball rivalries in our area to me. 

Hey that was HJ related!  I was explaining why I think it's a dead heat this year.  And it's not like HJ fans don't get on other team's threads and discuss the Hawks.  Both fan bases have a habit of it.  But that's part of what makes it one of the best (if not the best) basketball rivalries in our area to me. 

I agree. But when there are complaints or comments suggesting that the thread has got off topic, then I must do my job.

The title of thread is HJ Basketball. Needs to stay Hawk talk.

Does HJ have any kids coming up from the 8th grade who could make the varsity squad? Also, there was a kid who was about 6'7. Is he coming back? I think he was hurt at some point last year.

Jamerson Roberts.  He's a senior this year.  I think he's supposed to be ready to go.  I think he's about 6'6" but not positive about that. 

The Hawks look to have a good schedule this year. The non district schedule has Central , Nederland , Big Sandy , Kountze and the James Gamble classic plus their tourney always has a great field. Can't wait to watch some hoops.

Absolutely love the schedule Coach Davis put together.  HJ got criticized in the past for scheduling weak non-district games.  That's certainly not the case anymore.  Should have the Hawks battle tested by district play and the playoffs.  You guys should see some great games as well.