Hardin Jefferson Basketball

BADSANTA

If I'm not mistaken HJ has a freshman this year that looked to be about 6'5" when I saw him in the stands at a game last year as an 8th grader.  Believe he has to sit this year due to transferring, but looked like he needed to fill out a little anyway before being ready for varsity ball.  Nash, am i correct?  This kid exists, right?  Or did I dream him up out of wishful thinking?

If I'm not mistaken HJ has a freshman this year that looked to be about 6'5" when I saw him in the stands at a game last year as an 8th grader.  Believe he has to sit this year due to transferring, but looked like he needed to fill out a little anyway before being ready for varsity ball.  Nash, am i correct?  This kid exists, right?  Or did I dream him up out of wishful thinking?

I think I know who you are talking about.  His brother was playing JV for HJ last year.  He went to school in Beaumont last year.  If it IS who I think it is, he is going to be a very good one.  He was every bit of 6'5" as an 8th grader and has a very good mid range shot. 

pretty sure he was at another school and transferred in, and has to sit a season.  Could be wrong 

no idea whether that applies to HS.  I think he went to Marshall.  I know he was voted team MVP on his 8th grade team.  Name is Clayton Carpenter.  Great kid from a great family.  Like you mentioned, a year of JV ball will probably benefit him in the long run.  Never hurts to boost confidence and HJ has a lot returning.   Regardless, I can assure Hawk fans you will enjoy this kid's time at HJ in every aspect.  And none more than Coach Davis.  This kid is very coachable with a great attitude.  And never hurts to have something you can't coach - height.  And plenty of it. 

no idea whether that applies to HS.  I think he went to Marshall.  I know he was voted team MVP on his 8th grade team.  Name is Clayton Carpenter.  Great kid from a great family.  Like you mentioned, a year of JV ball will probably benefit him in the long run.  Never hurts to boost confidence and HJ has a lot returning.   Regardless, I can assure Hawk fans you will enjoy this kid's time at HJ in every aspect.  And none more than Coach Davis.  This kid is very coachable with a great attitude.  And never hurts to have something you can't coach - height.  And plenty of it. 

that's what i like to hear! :)

Great kid! I've known the family for years also and he will be a pleasure to coach for Coach Davis.