Hemphill High School Vs Garrison High School

Veteran

Just a sidebar for you Hemphill fans. I watched the last half of the Hemphill vs Evadale 8th gd game. Hh won 64-62 I think.  Hemphill has a RB who was a man among boys.  As I remember, about 4 got him down after a 5 yd gain and everyone cheered.  Doubt there are many RBs on Var in 2A or 3A in the area much better.  Bright future for Hornet football.  

Just a sidebar for you Hemphill fans. I watched the last half of the Hemphill vs Evadale 8th gd game. Hh won 64-62 I think.  Hemphill has a RB who was a man among boys.  As I remember, about 4 got him down after a 5 yd gain and everyone cheered.  Doubt there are many RBs on Var in 2A or 3A in the area much better.  Bright future for Hornet football.  

AWESOME

giving up 64 and 62 points respectively does not equal a bright future in my book, but heck im old school and still like a good 17-14 game.

The young man I'm bragging on appeared to be 4" taller than anyone else on the field, and was faster than a speeding bullet, therefore Evadale rarely could tackle him.  Now his supporting cast may be ordinary, and Evadale is good, ergo a high scoring game.  And keep in mind, winning is what it's all about, so Hornets will have a good RB coming up.  As for Evadale, my G'son is in 9th on JV and they've only lost 3 games since 7th Gd.  Add to that the fact Var will lose very few Sr starters, so their future looks very good.  Just my opinion, and heaven knows, I've been wrong before.  Unlike a lot of posters, I don't consider myself an expert.  Have seen a few putting Hemphill down on the Forum, but having seen them, I think unfairly so.  Not world beaters, but a pretty solid team. 

no harm meant, good luck to both Hemphill and Evadale in the future.

NP, and after seeing your post I knew where you was coming from, and felt obligated to elaborate.  And most of the scoring today makes you wonder when the defense will catch up with the offenses.  Remember when I was in Jr Hi watching Vidor and Nederland play to a 0-0 tie.  Two evenly matched teams today, it'd be 24-24 tie and overtime lol.  Now the scoreboard operator is busiest guy in the stadium. 

Edited by REBgp

all ya'lls stories yesterday peaked my interest, and since I live in the area I went to the games last night in Hemphill.  The Garrison 8th grade won 32-0 I believe and the Garrison JV was up 44-0 when i left.  I did not see an 8th grader on the field that was "faster than a speeding bullet".  I mean come on guys, the kid is a big kid but he was not a major factor on either side of the ball last night.  The best two players on the field were the two running back/lbs for Garrison's 8th grade.  The JV game was no match either, I could not for the life of me figure out why Hemphill blitzed on every single play on defense at all levels.  Both sides had low numbers and just kids playing hard and making their respective schools proud of them.  Everyone knows Thursday night has nothing to do with Friday and good luck to both teams.

The young man I'm bragging on appeared to be 4" taller than anyone else on the field, and was faster than a speeding bullet, therefore Evadale rarely could tackle him.  Now his supporting cast may be ordinary, and Evadale is good, ergo a high scoring game.  And keep in mind, winning is what it's all about, so Hornets will have a good RB coming up.  As for Evadale, my G'son is in 9th on JV and they've only lost 3 games since 7th Gd.  Add to that the fact Var will lose very few Sr starters, so their future looks very good.  Just my opinion, and heaven knows, I've been wrong before.  Unlike a lot of posters, I don't consider myself an expert.  Have seen a few putting Hemphill down on the Forum, but having seen them, I think unfairly so.  Not world beaters, but a pretty solid team. 

If it was the same kid, and I have no reason to think it wasn't, then I'm durn sure happy Evadale isn't playing Garrison lol.  I admit I know nothing about Garrison, but based on your post, they know how to play football. Thanks for the update.